FL - Reagan Buckley, 18 mos, dies in hot car, Panama City, 2 June 2015

popsicle

faith hope love
Reaction score
Investigators said the mother, who they identified as Jamie Buckley, left the girl in the vehicle after arriving at the school between 7 and 7:30 a.m. The teacher returned about 3 p.m. to find her daughter still in a car seat.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ho...ing-left-car-while-mom-teaches-school-n368956

When she went to her car to leave after school she found the child, Reagan Buckley, still in her car seat.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Frank-McKeithen-Bay-County-Sheriff/198347663515?fref=nf

i know these cases are controversial, "oh it's such a busy hectic world we live in"......but i am so over this :mad:.....it just makes me crazy mad.......not once did i "forget" a baby bee......

did she "forget" her cell phone? her purse? her morning coffee?

unbelievable...........will they go easier on her because she's a mommy and a teacher and not a man sexting his dingle during the workday? i don't care what is between her legs, lock her up!!!

i think her child probably pulled her hair out just the same and screamed just the same and cooked just the same and is dead just the same.......

lock her up :furious: and the same goes for the next parent or caregiver that does this act of crime and that's exactly what it is...........A CRIME

:rose: reagan

I can't even think about cases like these. I can't figure them out. Any time I park now I peak into the surrounding car windows. I am sad that this mom forgot her daughter. I wonder if we will hear anything more about her day.

Since we ALL have heard so much about these tragedies, imo, it is no longer 'acceptable' to make this dreaded mistake. There is no longer an excuse not to do something simple to prevent it. But your purse in the backseat by the baby, or put the baby bag or teddy bear in the front seat, where u will see it when you park. IT IS THAT SIMPLE!!!!!!!!

She is a teacher. Didn"t she have to gather up stuff from her car to take inside? How could she not glance in the back seat?

I know so many people who don't follow the news. But I agree, there is no excuse at all for this. Plenty of ways to prevent this. Really shouldn't be any reason to prevent something like this to happen, shouldn't ever happen in the first place.

and now that i'm calmer i can't believe i said dingle :facepalm:

I am surprised an 18 month old was not being vocal when Mom parked the car. Mine talked and sang and babbled non stop at that age. Maybe she fell asleep. But I still find it so odd that Mom could totally forget she was there. :no:

This is the third hot car death this year. So far.

Here's number 1: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-in-hot-car-dad-drinking-went-inside-to-sleep
Dad was drunk and he's been charged, but no updates since then.

Here's number 2: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-month-old-girl-dies-strapped-in-hot-car-seat (20 replies to thread)
No updates, no charges.

2 1/2 years old, 16 months old, 18 months old. No excuses, not from me.

And no excuses either, for the first dog deaths of the year: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ogs-found-dead-in-South-Florida-officer-s-SUV

No. No! NO!!!!
Not again!!!!
:tears:
:rose:
:heartluv: Reagan :heartluv:
:floating:
:angel:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I hate about this time of year :(
Nobody is perfect, I'm sure we have all become distracted many times while juggling work and children.
But seriously, forgetting your child? I can't understand how that can happen. An 18 month old baby girl.
Heartbreaking :rose:

It's the "forgetting your child for a whole day" thing that gets me with these cases.

Did she at no point think "ahhh, wonder how baby is doing, she was so cute when I dropped her off at ..... oh *****"

RIP little one.

I am wondering if automobile or car seat manufacturers could put in some type of alarm system as a reminder for drivers, similar to that of the seatbelt reminder sound. Something that would be weight triggered like the air bag sensor detection system. I am dreaming this up on the fly here.

No one ever thinks they could be capable of forgetting their child in the car seat and leaving them there. In this day and age, we are so distracted by all sorts of things and it seems like these tragedies are increasing, instead of decreasing. IMO

Since we ALL have heard so much about these tragedies, imo, it is no longer 'acceptable' to make this dreaded mistake. There is no longer an excuse not to do something simple to prevent it. But your purse in the backseat by the baby, or put the baby bag or teddy bear in the front seat, where u will see it when you park. IT IS THAT SIMPLE!!!!!!!!

She is a teacher. Didn"t she have to gather up stuff from her car to take inside? How could she not glance in the back seat?

BIB Totally agree with you and i think this should carry a long mandatory prison sentence, main reason being in this sad world we live in, babies and young children are murdered far to often and it will not be long before some nutjob cotton's on to the fact that they can leave a baby in a car to die and claim accident.

I am wondering if automobile or car seat manufacturers could put in some type of alarm system as a reminder for drivers, similar to that of the seatbelt reminder sound. Something that would be weight triggered like the air bag sensor detection system. I am dreaming this up on the fly here.

No one ever thinks they could be capable of forgetting their child in the car seat and leaving them there. In this day and age, we are so distracted by all sorts of things and it seems like these tragedies are increasing, instead of decreasing. IMO

My son has his first baby. She is a precious 3 weeks old.

My DIL put a handy new device in both of their cars. It is a double mirror thingie. One hangs on the drivers visor, and it lines up with a small mirror set up above the baby's car seat. That way she can see her precious cargo while driving. So if the baby is choking or in distress, you can do something about it.

I think it would also prevent this rash of hot car deaths. The driver would ALWAYS be aware that the baby was in the car seat.

no charges as of yet that i can find doing a quick internet search........unbelievable......

rest in peace reagan :rose:

No excuse for this! I bet she did not forget her cell phone or pocketbook! I was a very stressed mother with tons going on and I never forgot my babies ever! It has become an excuse for murder as far as I am concerned. Anyone who leaves a child to cook to death should have a nice long stay in a prison . A teacher that is going to teach children all day but does not give her own baby a thought all day !!!!! I call BS.

BIB Totally agree with you and i think this should carry a long mandatory prison sentence, main reason being in this sad world we live in, babies and young children are murdered far to often and it will not be long before some nutjob cotton's on to the fact that they can leave a baby in a car to die and claim accident.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pite-going-lunch-forgetting-drop-daycare.html

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/04/justice/hot-car-death-ross-harris-grand-jury/

[bbm] already attempted ... here's just two examples

thank you for these examples ladyL........the second one is the "dingle" i referenced above......and as for the first, at least "some" charges were brought although i don't agree with what they were, too lenient imo........

it's interesting to note that both of these parents were men and were charged and as of yet, this mother has not been charged.....granted your first example was not charged for a good amount of time........

she might be charged yet as the investigation continues, i did read an article recently (imo as i have no link) that about 60% of cases end up being charged and usually it does end up being a male versus a female............that is not acceptable imo....and my post (or rant i guess you could say) at the beginning of this thread reflects as such.........

a child is defenseless and at the mercy of their parent or caregiver when strapped into a carseat which when left unattended becomes their death chamber........this is a crime.......prosecute them all........male or female.......then you will see a drop in this senseless act of child abuse.........make them accountable, make them take responsibility, make them pay!

:rose: reagan, the latest victim

FWIW, I don't believe this lady intended to forget her child or harm her. However, most drunk drivers don't intend to harm anyone and we put them in jail. A lot of people don't want these parents put in jail because they have already suffered one of the worst punishments on earth. But, where is the justice for the victims? Do they not deserve their day in court just like any other citizen?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back