DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
By Greg Botelho, CNN
Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

(CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.
Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
By NBC Washington and News4
Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.

Return After Search of Ford

Return After Search of White Chevy

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10

ADMIN NOTE: The victims are not on trial here. Do NOT sleuth their surviving family members, nor post opinions which implicate the victims by their actions/behavior, UNLESS so indicated by LE.

Thanks.

I messaged the moderator before posting this. I have only included information confirmed via the charging documents. Unless we have LE-verified information, we are leaving it off. If you think you have proof of someone's identity, please message the moderator so s/he can decide if it is sufficient to add it to our glossary. Thanks!

Attachments

• Case Players.jpg
    Case Players.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 497
t7CaeeJbUCk7IRndhzMjC7hjqI355qAtCnotaTjdDA5-lrNPutCxhG6pgVeeH2v7YHVDSA=s151

Please continue discussion here

Did we know the chief stated it was in fact DW running from he burning Porsche. Or did I miss that?

True. But JW is not an idiot. I just cannot believe that he would ever think he could steal the Mosler and get away with any of that. He knows a lot about the car world and knows it could never be 'sold' without a lot of intrusive questions etc.

And why do a home invasion just to steal cars? Especially if you are the one guy in the world who already has access to those same cars? Why not have them stolen while the family is at their ranch in Colorado? Or set up a fake carjacking next time he is driving the Porsche?

I just do not see JW as being stupid enough to set up such a stupid, unworkable plan as the one DW carried out. JMO

Well JW thought it was just A-ok to via text from SS to pick up $40K from an accountant and just put it in his car in his garage. I don't care what kind of gofer he was, who does that without serious questions, or he's involved. Did this accountant know $40K was being left in a car in SS garage? Did JW tell him what he was told to do? When SS talked to his sister? in the morning, I wish he would have yelled to her call the police NOW, I believe the perps may have run. We aren't talking about rocket scientists here, how can this case be so complicated?

"I'm going to come over there and kill you, your daughter and friends," Wint told that woman. "The defendant advised he was good with a knife and could kill them easily and was not afraid of the police," a detective wrote.

And we are questioning if he was the actual killer or not?

I don't think you are questioning anything. But DW is charged of killing of SS. Likely killed all of them. But we don't know if someone else had a hand in it, as in literally or as in directing it but not participating directly in the violence. I certainly doubt anyone would question DW's capability of killing all four victims. But because he is only charged with killing one so far and LE has STATED that the crime required more than one participant, I am open to their theory because they are experienced and informed of things that we don't know of. Call me crazy.

I messaged the moderator before posting this. I have only included information confirmed via the charging documents. Unless we have LE-verified information, we are leaving it off. If you think you have proof of someone's identity, please message the moderator so s/he can decide if it is sufficient to add it to our glossary. Thanks!

This is a slightly updated chart.Case Players.jpg

Attachments

• Case Players.jpg
    Case Players.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 516
Has there been any mention of Philip's cell phone in the media?

It is very likely since there hasn't, he didn't have one. I guess that would be kind of strange, but that's the only thing I can come up with that it hasn't.

Bottom Line.

She died in the work place. So the estate has to come up with money for her family.

So hopefully the inheritors of the estate realizes this.

It was a workplace death.

So don't just get the money and act like her family doesn't deserve anything.

That is all that i am stating.

I just happen to know several friends that came in to 6-7 figures inheritances and acted like they were self made millionaires who couldn't loan a guy $500 that they were friends with since the 1980's.

I'm still mind boggled of how some people forget things when inheritance time comes around.

Jmo.

It is very likely since there hasn't, he didn't have one. I guess that would be kind of strange, but that's the only thing I can come up with that it hasn't.

Or they have located his phone somewhere in the house.

From everything I have seen this is a very caring, loving and generous family. I believe they will do what they feel is right and appropriate in their hearts. There has been nothing to suggest to me they will not be lead by greed instead of their hearts.
This was NG'S employee. I think she is probably haunted knowing she is the one that scheduled Vera for that day. Yes, Vera asked for that house that day, but NG gave the ok. I can imagine her feeling of guilt, even when she is not guilty. This may be the only thing she could do for Vera and means a lot to her to be able to raise the money for an employee.
My heart goes out to the survivors of the two families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard