Deceased/Not Found SC - Leonna Wright, 1, Pendleton, 6 June 2015 *Arrests in 2020*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Leona Wright
7995196_G.jpg

Deputies: Search underway for missing 1-year-old toddler
Investigators believe she may have crawled away from home
The Anderson County Sheriff's Office is conducting a search for a 1-year-old toddler reported missing Saturday morning.

The search for a black female baby is taking place on Cherry Street in Pendleton.

Lt. Sheila Cole said the baby is capable of crawling out of her apartment at 950 Cherry St.

Cole said, at this point, there is no foul play suspect.
http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/29255271/deputies-search-for-missing-pendleton-child
http://www.wyff4.com/news/deputies-search-for-underway-for-missing-1yearold-toddler/33436546

Lt. Sheila Cole said the baby is capable of crawling. She disappeared from her home at the Edgewood Square apartment complex, Cole said.

Sheriff John Skipper said the child's mother was not at home when the child vanished, based on information gathered by investigators.Car with sign indicates why the search is taking place

"It's my understanding that the mother's boyfriend was home," Sheriff John Skipper told WYFF.
http://www.wyff4.com/news/deputies-search-for-underway-for-missing-1yearold-toddler/33436546

😠"It's my understanding that the mother's boyfriend was home," Sheriff John Skipper told WYFF."
Grrrrr really? Something is really weird with this. Ugh!!!!
I hope the baby is sleeping somewhere warm, garden or such. Don't understand how she can just crawl away. It's possible just not really likely, for me and my suspicious nature😔

7995467_G.jpg

Leona Wright (Source: family)
7995285_G.jpg

Leona Wright went missing from Edgewood Square Apartments (June 6, 2015/FOX Carolina)
7995288_G.jpg

Building A of Edgewood Square Apartments was blocked off (June 6, 2015/FOX Carolina)
7995296_G.jpg

Deputies search for Wright (June 6, 2015/FOX Carolina)

Read more: http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/29255271/deputies-search-for-missing-pendleton-child#ixzz3cJ3UFhqp
thank you los........the article says k9 is out and searching, thank goodness! and let's all thank our lucky stars they didn't live in an upstairs apartment since she was allowed to crawl freely (rolling my eyes out of my freakin' head here) :mad:

Oh my goodness, those cheeks! She's SOOOOO cute!
I know when my kiddos were little they could crawl fast... But not fast enough to escape our home & then get further than I could reach.
I'm concerned with how long this sweet pea was left unattended to sneak/crawl away.
If she's wearing on a sleeper- it seems her little knees would get so scratched up upon hitting the concrete.
Praying praying praying for this cutie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAPABLE of crawling out of the apartment and ACTUALLY doing it are very different.
Was the door just wide open? She couldn't have opened it, clearly.
My daughter crawled to the garage door once but couldn't open it.
I wonder if she could do stairs? Otherwise I would expect her to fall down those few stairs and cry.

What about witnesses?
A toddler is one thing but almost anyone will stop if a BABY is crawling around alone outside.
I hope she just crawled away but I'm pretty sure it'd be the first time that EVER happened if it's true. :twocents:

There is no way she crawled out of the apartment house on her own. Either the 3-year-old sister opened the door and told LE that or I think we all know where this is headed. And if the sister opened the door and she crawled away, what was the boyfriend doing? How far could she have gotten before an adult saw her? Either way, I think the 3-year-old will talk and tell what happened.

There is no way she crawled out of the apartment house on her own. Either the 3-year-old sister opened the door and told LE that or I think we all know where this is headed. And if the sister opened the door and she crawled away, what was the boyfriend doing? How far could she have gotten before an adult saw her? Either way, I think the 3-year-old will talk and tell what happened.

hence the eye rolling..........i so agree :mad:

This is another reason to maybe keep your doors locked at all times, just in case. Who knows...maybe the next thing that we hear is that the baby unlocked the deadbolt with a key... Oy Vey.

"..witnesses told deputies an unsecured door to the family's residence was left open by a 3-year-old child." Our on scene crew said apartment building A of Edgewood Square Apartments was blocked off.

Read more: http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/29255271/deputies-search-for-missing-pendleton-child#ixzz3cJSyIQHq
According to an update at this link, the search was called off as of about 15 minutes ago. No reason was stated and they didn't say if the search turned up anything. :(

omg.....my stomach always drops when i hear those words :(

eta........is there a scheduled presser?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back