DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
By Greg Botelho, CNN
Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

(CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.
Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
By NBC Washington and News4
Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.

DC Mansion Warrant

Return After Search of Ford

Return After Search of White Chevy

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11

ADMIN NOTE: The victims are not on trial here. Do NOT sleuth their surviving family members, nor post opinions which implicate the victims by their actions/behavior, UNLESS so indicated by LE.

Thanks.

I messaged the moderator before posting this. I have only included information confirmed via the charging documents. Unless we have LE-verified information, we are leaving it off. If you think you have proof of someone's identity, please message the moderator so s/he can decide if it is sufficient to add it to our glossary. Thanks!

Attachments

• Case Players.jpg
    Case Players.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 513
I was baffled by the money orders too, and over the weekend when I was with friends, I said, "I didn't even know that people use money orders anymore," without mentioning anything about the case, the reaction of several people was, "yes, people without a lot of money use them all the time. A lot of people use them to send remittances to family abroad."

I hadn't thought of it before, but I suppose it's possible that he planned to send the money orders to Guyana and skip the country.

That would be a lot more money in Guyana, too. Good thought!

I think money orders usually cost anywhere from 75 cents to $1.50. I don't believe there is a fee when cashing them.

Money orders are similar to a check. If one doesn't have a banking account they have to rely on check cashing stores which charge a transaction fee and/or a percentage of the proceeds when cashing. Only exception, is if you cash a USPS money order at the post office.

Wow thread 12 already. Thanks Mods. I hope we get more information today. It's already 2:30 so i am guessing we will not.

image.jpg

Good Afternoon

I know this is something we are avoiding because of the sheer terror or it but something that may provide more clues. Please excuse if this has been discussed but I haven't found it.

In the voice-mail that SS left, we hear little P in the background screaming. To me though, it's not just screams. He is saying something through the screams. Has anyone ever been able to decipher what he was saying! Was he trying to give a clue because he knew dad was on the phone and hopefully he would be heard? Just a thought...

How did you hear the voicemail ?

I heard it from a link in the first few threads. It's in MSM too but the only ones I found there the reporter kind of talked over his scream (on purpose???) but not sure how to hear the initial one. Hopefully someone on here can point us to the right direction.

I don't have the equipment to pull out voices but know from other cases someone on here does have that capability.

Regarding the value of the cars. I don't believe any of us know what options these cars had or the mileage. You can pour a crapload of $$$ into a Mosler OR a Porsche, and, while it will bring up the value (a lot), there may not be a market for it. My husband cares more about the options in his cars and making them faster/unique than about the furniture in our house. It's a car thing.

I know this is something we are avoiding because of the sheer terror or it but something that may provide more clues. Please excuse if this has been discussed but I haven't found it.

In the voice-mail that SS left, we hear little P in the background screaming. To me though, it's not just screams. He is saying something through the screams. Has anyone ever been able to decipher what he was saying! Was he trying to give a clue because he knew dad was on the phone and hopefully he would be heard? Just a thought...

I don't know for sure if this is correct because I never listened to that voicemail myself (and to be honest I don't think I could do it...:() and I don't know if I saw this on this thread or somewhere else but I remember seeing someone post that they thought he was saying 'what are you doing? stop'

Again, have no idea of the veracity of that. Maybe someone who listened to it could correct me.

I believe it is quite possible that there are many naïve people who think being worth millions means you can just go to the bank and get large sums of money in cash just like that. In reality it just is not like that. Being worth millions means investments. Leaving large amounts of cash in a fluid account means not making any interest on it. It could be that these naïve people were disappointed and angry that only $40K was fluid and could be accessed immediately. Even when and if I sell Stock Investments it takes three business days for it to "settle" and become cash proceeds. Dreams of a big payday may have been frustrated by the system.

JMO's

I believe it is quite possible that there are many naïve people who think being worth millions means you can just go to the bank and get large sums of money in cash just like that. In reality it just is not like that. Being worth millions means investments. Leaving large amounts of cash in a fluid account means not making any interest on it. It could be that these naïve people were disappointed and angry that only $40K was fluid and could be accessed immediately. Even when and if I sell Stock Investments it takes three business days for it to "settle" and become cash proceeds. Dreams of a big payday may have been frustrated by the system.

JMO's

The same naive people could have thought that SS kept wads of cash at home.

A couple weeks ago I went back & listened and thought also it wasn't just "screams." It's like he was being argumentative w/someone. I think he knew SS was on the phone. IMO it sounded like he was saying "I don't ... [you] ... don't want pizza."

JMO's

The same naive people could have thought that SS kept wads of cash at home.

I don't know for sure if this is correct because I never listened to that voicemail myself (and to be honest I don't think I could do it...:() and I don't know if I saw this on this thread or somewhere else but I remember seeing someone post that they thought he was saying 'what are you doing? stop'

Again, have no idea of the veracity of that. Maybe someone who listened to it could correct me.

I've never read that -- when I listened to it, it just sounded like a bunch of undifferentiated sounds, but it definitely sounded like someone young yelling in the background, and that's when SS said, "we're going through something with Philip." I hate thinking about that aspect of the case :(

ETA: Here's the link -- http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...homicide-house-fire-investigation-114066.html

ETA2: It's the second video down, but they beeped out Philip's voice. I'll keep looking.

A couple weeks ago I went back & listened and thought also it wasn't just "screams." It's like he was being argumentative w/someone. I think he knew SS was on the phone. IMO it sounded like he was saying "I don't ... [you] ... don't want pizza."

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I agree that it sounded like he was "arguing" with someone but couldn't tell what exactly what he was saying. But, if you notice, this was right before SS mentioned issues with little P as if he was trying to cover for the outburst that may have been heard over the phone?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie