NJ NJ - Catrina Hinton, 18, Bayonne, 14 Jan 2006

JusticeWillBeServed

Reaction score
A few weeks after she was reported missing, Catrina Hinton's body was found beneath a pile of rocks near a cemetery in February of 2006. She had been badly beaten and was possibly sexually assaulted and choked. Nine years later, her family is trying to grapple with the loss and investigators are asking for tips to help solve her murder.

"Cold case: Family of murdered Jersey City teen still grappling with unsolved case"

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2015/06/post_738.html

Hinton was last seen leaving her job at Mandee's clothing store on Broadway in Bayonne the evening of Jan. 14. Investigators ruled out robbery as a motive for the killing, saying jewelry and other items of value were found on her body, officials said.

"I believe that someone out there knows what happened to this young lady," Homicide Detective Scott Jeffrey said. "It has been too long that her death has remained unsolved. If anyone has any information that can assist in bringing the suspect(s) to justice, please contact our Office. I am confident that someone in the community can help bring this investigation to a close."

Other Articles:

Norfolk Teenager Found Beaten To Death In N.j. - February 10th, 2006

Life's labor in the field of death Cemetery employee discusses his profession - September 11th, 2006

Macas has also had the misfortune seeing a corpse not in a coffin. He recalled his son Alexander, who had worked at the cemetery earlier this year, finding the lifeless body of Catrina Hinton, an 18-year old Jersey City resident in February. Hinton's body was found in a makeshift grave covered by rocks in a remote part of the cemetery. The Hudson County Prosecutor's Office said last week that the Hinton case remains unsolved.

"All of us at work were shocked when they found the girl. We remember she used to live on Ocean Avenue near Bayview, we would always see her walking," said Macas. "I get sad when I see young people who died and infants because their time on earth were too short."

As fifth anniversary of grisly find nears, authorities renew search for killer of Jersey City woman - February 4th, 2011

9252607-large.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back