WA - Shane Ormiston & Gabriel Anderson, killed by DUI driver, Ferndale, 10 June 2015

Indy Anna

Reaction score
:( Just so sad.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...s-high-school-students-cops-article-1.2253958

<<snipped>>
A Washington man has admitted to being high on drugs when he plowed his SUV into a group of high school students Wednesday afternoon, killing two teens and critically wounding two others, police said.

[....]

He's now facing two charges of vehicular assault and two charges of vehicular homicide. Due to an ongoing investigation police said they are not identifying the suspected drugs taken. Samples of his blood have been taken for a drug test, police said.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/loc.../ferndale-deadly-collision-thursday/71070432/

<<snipped>>
Klein did admit to daily marijuana use, but it is not clear if he was high during the crash.

"I will admit to daily alcohol use myself because I like a glass of wine at night," said Klein's attorney Michael Brodsky. "That doesn't mean I was out drinking before I drove. I think it's important that message get out there."

[...]

Bail was set at $200,000, $50,000 less than what prosecutors had asked for.

Klein's 3-year-old son was in the car, but wasn't hurt. Klein's wife called the incident "a horrible mistake." :sheesh:

Blood tests aren't due back for at least a week. Until then, just a lot of excuses, IMO. I hope the two remaining victims mend quickly.

May 2016:

Jury finds driver not guilty in deaths of two Ferndale teens

A jury returned a verdict of not guilty Wednesday afternoon, May 4, for a Bellingham man who fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into a group of high school boys.

Two Ferndale teens, Shane Ormiston, 18, and Gabriel Anderson, 15, were killed on that sunny afternoon, June 10, 2015, when an eastbound Toyota 4Runner crashed over a curb on West Smith Road.

McEachran said the case won’t be appealed. Families of both of the teens who were killed filed wrongful death lawsuits against Klein last year; the cases are pending.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back