GUILTY VA - Quincy Davis, 14, last seen 2004, remains found in mother's car, 2015

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
This child has not been seen since 2004 and yet was never reported missing. :( Tonya Slaton's routine traffic stop revealed the remains of her son while LE were in the process of impounding her vehicle.

The trooper began impounding the vehicle and while taking inventory, discovered a black trash bag in the trunk. There was a strong odor of rotting flesh permeating from the bag, police say. The body was reportedly double-bagged and sealed with duct tape.
http://pix11.com/2015/06/19/human-remains-found-in-mothers-car-identified-as-her-biological-son/

quincy jamar davis.jpg

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Once again I am disgusted at a parent, and so sad for a little boy.

So, she has been carrying him for the past 11 years?

maybe she just moved or was just evicted & was in the process of transporting his remains somewhere else

rest in peace Quincy

What I don't understand is why there was still rotting flesh over 10 years later. Was this another poor child shoved in a freezer?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

The freezer is my guess, there would be no smell this many years later.
Probably frozen and then being moved to another location.

RIP -- Quincy you deserved love and much better treatment

10 On Your Side learned that from 2002 to 2006, Slaton and her husband, at that time, lived in the Jacob’s Landing neighborhood. A Virginia Beach Public Schools spokesman said Davis was first enrolled at Virginia Beach Middle School on September 4, 2001. He was withdrawn on September 3, 2003, but the spokesman would not say by whom.
Investigators are asking anyone who had contact with Davis around 2004 or earlier to come forward and talk to them.
(modsnip).

http://wavy.com/2015/06/19/remains-found-in-womans-car-confirmed-to-be-those-of-son/

I think there maybe should be more welfare checks for kids who drop out of school and never enroll to a new one.

it is interesting that the link in the above post indicates that there is an adult son -- the victim in this case would have been an adult now if he lived too! Would be interesting if the two were close in age or if the surviving adult son could shed light on his brother's last days.

From the photo I noticed he had braces -- if Mom had to flee a violent home life back in '04, he would have had to have seen a dentist.

Wondering if he was in the freezer since 2004, did someone else know? Mom was in jail for a chunk of that time. ... Who had the freezer?

Investigators seized 16 items from Slaton’s apartment, including black latex gloves, black hair in the garbage, black trash bags, five cellphones, two computers, miscellaneous letters and pictures and “handwritten jail letters,” according to an inventory of items seized.

Slaton is a convicted felon who pleaded guilty in Hampton in 2008 to charges of attempted maiming and shooting into an occupied dwelling, according to online court records. Then a resident of Virginia Beach, Slaton was sentenced to 15 years in prison with 11 years suspended on April 14, 2008, records show.
(modsnip)

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/...cle_37d7fd08-a16b-52a2-a985-0ff2caae09c2.html

Apparently her dead son's rotting body in her trunk didn't bother her overmuch:

http://wtvr.com/2015/06/11/richmond...runk-previously-tried-to-shoot-her-boyfriend/
Slaton’s landlord told WTVR CBS 6 that Slaton had been a tenant for two years. She described Slaton as a happy, friendly person with a bubbly personality. She said Slaton was late on her rent one month, but took a second job to make the payment.

(modsnip)

Sounds like the neighbors and the grown son have been advised not to talk to the media.

The ex boyfriend has not responded to media requests either.

In court Monday, the 44-year-old asked for a court-appointed attorney. She also told the judge she was unemployed.

However, according to a checklist for bail obtained by 10 On Your Side, Slaton worked as a manager at Integrative Health in Glen Allen for two years. According to the form, she has no family, she is single and has no children. That’s also what Slaton told the judge. But Virginia State Police said Friday that Slaton had two children: an adult son and Quincy Davis.

http://wavy.com/2015/06/22/woman-accused-of-concealing-sons-remains-in-car-denies-having-children/

The next court date is Sept 1.

I can't get him out of my head. I wish there was some news or information.

I had heard part of this story on local news, but didn't realize til I read here at WS that he had been dead for 11 years! Crazy...RIP Quincy, and I hope others in his family gave him a nice memorial and a decent burial.

I wondered how Quincy Davis died. Looks suspicious.

I hate to say it, but is it possible he wasn't dead until right before he was found in her car??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back