Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well with the restitution hearing happening Monday there may be some interesting things to discuss, but I expect all things Arias will cease to be a topic of ongoing discussion in the not too distant future.

This is closure, or the exoteric version of it we are permitted to participate in. What awaits Arias in her inner world and the world beyond is where the story continues, but it is not given to us to follow there. Of all the possibilities, it's not a bad result, and the justice system has served its purpose well, thanks to the caring and competent contributions of certain of its members.

It's been interesting trying to get inside Arias' head, and to try to offer explanation and insight as compensation for the raw pain that she seems so naturally inclined to bring into the world. We know she's not the first nor the last of her type, and perhaps some useful dialogue was begun that can have application in future situations not immediately related to Arias.

It's a great bunch of people here, and I've enjoyed sitting with you all, observing and sharing our shock, anger, elation, and insight, to name but a few elements of our humanity we find comfort and support in sharing, far more often than not with respect, tolerance, and open-mindedness.

I can't see CMJA having a nice time in prison at the moment. Temperature is looking to hit 115 this week. Solitary will mess with anyone's head, never mind someone who is as already warped as she is. Plus she loves attention, and it will be driving her insane not having an audience. I don't think CO's are gullible. They will have come across manipulative and narcissistic prisoners before.

The restitution order will be very interesting. I'm sure CMJA's supporters will be screaming and yelling no matter what the Alexanders are awarded.

So then, if the "Attorney of the Year" award originated from JAII, we can perhaps correctly assume that MDLR still corresponds with that bunch, & has esteemed status as a "vent room" member, if this is true. Yet someone will file a complaint against Juan. Give me a break already. MDLR was unprofessional during then entire two trials. She had years to find mitigating circumstances to save the killer's life but couldn't even get the DT to put Sandy Arias on the stand to testify to the killer's "bruises", which Wilmott stated she had no proof of during JW's post sentencing hearing interview. MDLR couldn't find ONE witness to speak to the murder's character. And rumor has it that MDLR had some sort of link to Juror 17, & we know the story with her.
Cougarlicious. What a twitter handle.
MDLR and the other two did manage to save the killer's life, and frankly I think it worked out better with CMJA'S sentence of LWOP anyway. She'll have decades of misery, emptiness and despair. No, I don't exalt in another human being's suffering, however she did the crime and must do the time. Several of our posters pointed out that she'll be fed, clothed and housed, and that's way more than Travis will ever get.
And yes, I enjoy this group very much and am grateful for the opportunity to chat with all of you. Eventually everything Arias will fizzle out, but I will probably google her once in a while just to see what's up, if anything.

So then, if the "Attorney of the Year" award originated from JAII, we can perhaps correctly assume that MDLR still corresponds with that bunch, & has esteemed status as a "vent room" member, if this is true. Yet someone will file a complaint against Juan. Give me a break already. MDLR was unprofessional during then entire two trials. She had years to find mitigating circumstances to save the killer's life but couldn't even get the DT to put Sandy Arias on the stand to testify to the killer's "bruises", which Wilmott stated she had no proof of during JW's post sentencing hearing interview. MDLR couldn't find ONE witness to speak to the murder's character. And rumor has it that MDLR had some sort of link to Juror 17, & we know the story with her.
Cougarlicious. What a twitter handle.
MDLR and the other two did manage to save the killer's life, and frankly I think it worked out better with CMJA'S sentence of LWOP anyway. She'll have decades of misery, emptiness and despair. No, I don't exalt in another human being's suffering, however she did the crime and must do the time. Several of our posters pointed out that she'll be fed, clothed and housed, and that's way more than Travis will ever get.
And yes, I enjoy this group very much and am grateful for the opportunity to chat with all of you. Eventually everything Arias will fizzle out, but I will probably google her once in a while just to see what's up, if anything.

The value of any award rests completely on the qualifications of those granting it to represent the best in the field for which it is given. For this group of clowns to arbitrarily manufacture this award and to think it actually means anything is just another example of their delusion. Far from lending it any legitimacy, all it means for MDLR to be bragging about it is that she's comfortable sharing in their delusion and is either intentionally or unintentionally misaligned with reality.

The value of any award rests completely on the qualifications of those granting it to represent the best in the field for which it is given. For this group of clowns to arbitrarily manufacture this award and to think it actually means anything is just another example of their delusion. Far from lending it any legitimacy, all it means for MDLR to be bragging about it is that she's comfortable sharing in their delusion and is either intentionally or unintentionally misaligned with reality.

Button pushers like to push other people's buttons, it gives them a sense of control. A few months ago this would have bothered me, but the sentence gave me enough closure that I didn't even go back and watch the 2nd trial tapes. JA lost and as salberg7 said, I may google once in awhile to see if there's anything noteworthy, but I'm pretty sure JM locked all her doggie doors.:giggle:

Button pushers like to push other people's buttons, it gives them a sense of control. A few months ago this would have bothered me, but the sentence gave me enough closure that I didn't even go back and watch the 2nd trial tapes. JA lost and as salberg7 said, I may google once in awhile to see if there's anything noteworthy, but I'm pretty sure JM locked all her doggie doors.:giggle:

True, Jodi's doggie door days are over. That food tray door is just too damn small - it's annoying! I expect Building Services will be receiving some persuasive and reasoned letters from Arias arguing for its immediate enlargement...

I'm surprised there's no gathering audience for today's hearing. It's the best public seating available, such as it is, with unlimited seating. Granted it's a couple of hours away, does anyone know what time it's supposed to start?

ETA: NVM, 8:30am Thanks Colie

Good morning everyone :) I don't know the time it starts, I'm here until 11:30 AZ time. Hope something happens by then.

According to her docket it's supposed to begin at 8:30 AZ time, I looked at the 'High Profile List' first and ha ha she's not listed on it anymore.
---

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 7m7 minutes ago
#JodiArias restitution hearing today at 11:30 EDT. At sentencing, she waived her appearance. One local station reporting she'll be there

I've been expecting her to change her mind and attend this hearing, anything must sound like a good break after 3 months in the big house.

Will there be anywhere we can watch it live?

Earlier tweet this morning:

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 44m44 minutes ago
@TrialDiariesJ @debilu2 @WildAboutTrial Jen will be there, I'll tweet out everyone that is there. JA and TA's family won't be there today

Will there be anywhere we can watch it live?

Cathy has it listed on her live stream page but no link yet, not sure if JSS has allowed a camera in, but if so, someone will tweet it. :)

If they're starting at 8.30 I'm likely going to miss all or most of it. Dammit.
Hope I don't because it's a means to an ends I guess...that it over (until her appeal which is hopefully rejected)

Thought I had been banned or something there...was no option for me to reply to any thread using tapatalk. Crisis avoided though phew

I've been expecting her to change her mind and attend this hearing, anything must sound like a good break after 3 months in the big house.

She probably couldn't pass up the chance to be in an air-conditioned court room. Since her presence was optional, she probably won't be given a speaking role. No input from her required. Just sit and watch.

Is there a cap on how much money the family can collect as restitution?

Today is a gravy day

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members