Victim: Julie Nieto

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
nieto_julie_small.jpg

Julie Nieto

Victim: Julie Nieto Suspect: Unknown

Synopsis: Sometime between 2004 and 2005 an unknown person killed 24 year old Julie Nieto and buried her in a mesa located adjacent to 118th Street SW in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Please call the 118th Street Task Force at 1-877-765-8273, (505) 768-2450 or Crime Stoppers at (505) 843-STOP with any information you may have concerning this crime. You may also email information to Detective Mark Manary at mmanary@cabq.gov.

https://www.cabq.gov/police/contact-the-police/west-mesa-homicide-investigation

I have been doing quite a bit of reading. I am assigning myself Julie Nieto too and maybe Monica Candelaria. I don't see the point in waiting for someone to sign up to take a victim if I happen to stumble upon some info. These victims have waited long enough, imo.

Julie Nieto-

When Julie Nieto was reported missing initially, it was not by family members, it was by two women by the names of Melodie Carmona and Angela Romero. These women, it appears, reported her missing separately via telephone and they did so one month apart. They both claimed to be related to Julie Nieto.

Upon interviewing Julie Nieto's real family however, it was discovered that neither Carmona or Romero were related to Julie, they had lied. This was reason that led police supervisor Carmen Spratley to report in the report ".....Angela Romero and Melodie Carmona are now both persons of interest in this case" meaning the missing persons case on Julie Nieto.

The report went on to say that the information gleaned from the interview led to a need for further investigation and would be forwarded to the APD Homicide Unit because foul play could not be ruled out in the disappearance of Julie Nieto. The report stated that the missing person's physical safety is in danger. This report was on her MISSING case, so once again, we have a victim of WMBC whose death was KNOWN or suspected by people around them....WHY did all these people KNOW something?? What killer lets that many people KNOW whats happening?? Is it a way to control all of them?? Through fear? This reeks of a gang or other ORGANIZED CRIME involvement.

Anyway, back to Julie.... Julie had a sister she was VERY close to. Her sister's name was Valerie. Both Valerie AND Julie had drug problems. Valerie was found dead in a hotel room in 2007-her death was ruled a drug overdose.

Valerie had been arrested once and while in jail she wrote a note to her family stating that both she and Julie had been threatened. The family speculated from the note that the threat was over missing drugs. The two had also told of being chased through the Central Avenue area; that they had been running for their lives.

They had also reported to the families that they had once been taken to Manzano Mts. (an hour outside of Albuquerque) by a truck driver, who then brutally raped them.

They also mentioned some other stuff to family members. Julie was terrified of a police officer named "David". This "David" had called for her at her grandfather's house once.
Julie stored some of her belongings at her grandfather's house. After she went missing, her stuff was stolen from the shed it was in at her grandfather's house.

What did she have that they wanted?? Was it evidence to something....she dies and the stuff disappears.

Nieto's family received calls (a recurring trend we HAVE to look at in this) from a stranger offering to tell them what happened to Julie in exchange for money. The calls stopped eventually.

Monica Candelaria:

All I have so far on her is that the report related to her disappearance indicated there were people who suspected or knew something bad had happened to her. The report stated that an individual who worked for the state probation and parole informed the police that they had information that pointed to Candelaria being murdered...so another one where people KNEW what happened to her or pretended to know.

Someone still knows...I bet more than one person knows what happened and knows who did this, someone other than the killer.

Link below:
http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_25155150

I got the same info on Julie Nieto too. Only thing I can add is she had a young son at the time she went missing. Her mother, Eleanor Griego, rememberd the last time she saw her was on the day Julie's grandfather had an outpatient procedure done. Some time after that, Julie's son had a surgery scheduled and Julie was a no show. It was then when Eleanor knew something was terribly wrong. Eleanor stated that Julie would never have missed her son's surgery. I pretty sure that's when Eleanor and an aunt of Julie's reported her missing and that's when they found out Julie has already been reported missing by Angela Romero and Melody Carmona. Eleanor stated that after Julie went missing but before Valerie passed that Valerie had been arrested and called from jail saying "they killed her, they killed her". Mom believes the sisters deaths are related. Julie's drug of choice was heroin. I found Valerie's obituary from 2007...what's interesting is it states that she was preceded in death by her sister Julie.

I know that I am late to the game but I thought I would throw a little tidbit out there. I knew Julie personally, or at least I did 10 years prior to her disappearance. We went to Albuquerque Job Corps together. The first thing she said to me as I was showing her around was that she went by "Nikki" not Julie. She said she had for years. She said no one but her family called her Julie. She got the nickname "Nikki Bones" at AJCC because she would blast Bones ****s & Harmony in her dorm room at 6am every morning. Maybe if police asked around about Nikki as apposed to Julie something could pop up?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back