Virginia Cloven

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
cloven_virginia.jpg

Virginia Cloven

Cloven, 22, disappeared from Albuquerque, New Mexico on April 13, 2004. In November 2009, her body was identified. Her skeletal remains were found at a construction site in the West Mesa area of Albuquerque in February, along with the bodies of ten other victims. The West Mesa murders remain under investigation
http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved/resolved57.html
Victim: Virginia Cloven

Suspect: Unknown

Synopsis: Using DNA evidence, forensic investigators were able to identify 24 year old Virginia Cloven as one of the victims of the 118th Street serial killer. She was reported missing in 2004. Investigators believe that she was killed sometime between 2004 and 2005 by an unknown person who then buried her in a mesa located adjacent to 118th Street SW in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Please call the 118th Street Task Force at 1-877-765-8273, (505) 768-2450 or Crime Stoppers at (505) 843-STOP with any information you may have concerning this crime. You may also email information to Detective Mark Manary at mmanary@cabq.gov.
https://www.cabq.gov/police/contact-the-police/west-mesa-homicide-investigation

Virginia Ann Cloven 8/7/2001
-5'1
-Dad, Robert Cloven, last saw her on 4/2004. She called home in 6/2004. Last time dad heard from her. Reported her missing in October 2004
-Grew up in Los Chaves, NM. 30 min south of Albuquerque. It's a small village in between Los Lunas and Belen.
-Older brother, Robert Cloven Jr., killed in late 90's. Parents said that's when she turned to drugs and moved to Albuquerque.
-Lived in war zone with "puppet" until puppet got sick and went in to coma. Was back on the streets after this.
-Dad and Mom would take groceries to where she lived with puppet.
-Arrested for drugs and Domestic Violence, never for prostitution, but was known to hang out with prostitutes
-Dad said she was a "tough girl" who could beat up her brothers....was the type to call home...parents stayed in the same house and kept the same phone # all the years she was missing in case she would call or show up.
-Last time she talked to dad on the phone (6/2004) said she had met a man named Robert who had just got out of the state pen ( NM prison in Santa Fe, NM) and they were gonna get married. Dad said he wanted to meet him first. Virginia said ok I'll call you and we can meet up soon...that call never came.
-Dad said she was the type to call home frequently
-Family searched all over Albuquerque for her
-Dad was involved in state/federal case that involved gang activity, trafficking drugs, and murder. He pled guilty to federal charges of "managing or controlling a place and making it available for meth storage". Recieved 5 years probation. I included this cause it fits the time frame...was arrested in 2005...sentencing took place in 2007.

Do we assume Jamie and Evelyn (the cousins who went missing the same day) got abducted at the same time? I'm leaning that way. The killer must have been real confident he could over power and control 2 girls at once, right? Did he threaten them with a weapon? Did he supply them with drugs and alcohol? I doubt the killer had a partner.

I assume they did too. They left a family gathering together to go to a park, or atleast that's what their family said. Even though Evelyn had tricked before, and Jamie supposedly worked the Ave too, I can't see leaving a family BBQ to turn a trick or two. Now drugs? That I can believe. Maybe they really did go to a nearby park, to meet with a dealer? That's kinda how I always looked at their case. And Jamie was small, but Evelyn was a bigger girl. She would've been much harder to phyically restrain. So maybe the killer had a weapon on them, or they went willingly. If the killer was getting them drugs, they surely would've taken a ride to get the drugs, or could've had the plan to get high as the killer was driving around, since the house they were at was packed with family, it probably wouldn't of been a good place to get high at.

I assume they did too. They left a family gathering together to go to a park, or atleast that's what their family said. Even though Evelyn had tricked before, and Jamie supposedly worked the Ave too, I can't see leaving a family BBQ to turn a trick or two. Now drugs? That I can believe. Maybe they really did go to a nearby park, to meet with a dealer? That's kinda how I always looked at their case. And Jamie was small, but Evelyn was a bigger girl. She would've been much harder to phyically restrain. So maybe the killer had a weapon on them, or they went willingly. If the killer was getting them drugs, they surely would've taken a ride to get the drugs, or could've had the plan to get high as the killer was driving around, since the house they were at was packed with family, it probably wouldn't of been a good place to get high at.

I think they may have known the person that killed them, as it would be incredibly difficult to restrain, control, and eventually kill two victims together. I am leaning towards the theory that they went to the park, perhaps to score drugs, then left the park with whoever they were meeting there. Criminal Minds brought this up in Evelyn's thread, and it does make sense, as nobody reported any kind of disturbance at the park the day they went missing.

http://krqe.com/2014/01/31/does-apd-have-a-suspect-in-the-west-mesa-murders/

When Cinnamon didn’t turn up for a birthday in December of that year, Wilhelm knew something was wrong.
On Dec. 15, 2004, a missing persons report was filed. Not long after, Wilhelm received an ominous telephone call from a young woman named Virginia Cloven.
“She said Cinammon and Michelle had been murdered,” Wilhelm said.
Turns out, Virginia Cloven had herself been reported missing two months before she made that call. Turns out, Virginia Cloven’s remains were discovered later, in February 2009, in a shallow grave near 118th and Dennis Chavez SW — not far from the remains of Cinnamon Elks and Michelle Valdez.

Then we have also seen a blog that says that victim Syllania Edwards was staying at a shelter with Monica Candelaria months after Monica had been reported missing. Is it possible the killer was holding them, making them work for him, for a time prior to murdering them??? But, even if so, it makes no sense that Virginia would have been able to make this phone call....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back