Jamie Barela

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
barela_jamie_small_web1.jpg

Jamie Barela

Victim: Jamie Barela Suspect: Unknown

Synopsis: Using DNA evidence, forensic experts were able to identify 15 year old Jamie Barela as one of the victims of the 118th Street serial killer. She was last seen at a family gathering in April of 2004. Jamie and her cousin; Evelyn Salazar, who is also a victim, had left the gathering and went to a park near San Mateo and Gibson SE. They were never seen again. Barela was killed by an unknown person who then buried her in a mesa located adjacent to 118th Street SW in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Please call the 118th Street Task Force at 1-877-765-8273, (505) 768-2450 or Crime Stoppers at (505) 843-STOP with any information you may have concerning this crime. You may also email information to Detective Mark Manary at
https://www.cabq.gov/police/contact-the-police/west-mesa-homicide-investigation

And, of course, Jamie and Evelyn were cousins and disappeared together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do we assume Jamie and Evelyn (the cousins who went missing the same day) got abducted at the same time? I'm leaning that way. The killer must have been real confident he could over power and control 2 girls at once, right? Did he threaten them with a weapon? Did he supply them with drugs and alcohol? I doubt the killer had a partner.

Jayne Perea, Jamie's mom, said they were going to Wilson Park which is on the edge of the war zone border. That park is notorious for needles, broken bottles, and all kinds of trash left all over the ground. I think Evelyn might have been considered chubby cause her height has been listed from 4'11 to 5'1. They could've been going to the park to score some drugs, especially since they were said to be going to that specific park. Kirkland AFB is close to that area too. Could the killer be in the military?

I've done some research on Jamie. There is a glimpse of her as a person in this article

"By most accounts, she was an outgoing girl who loved to sing and dance. Tejana legend Selena was her idol. The John Adams Middle School student loved sports, books and butterflies. And she was someone whose smile could lift a depressed person’s heart. That’s how relatives remembered 15-year-old Jamie Barela. On March 4, 2010, nearly six years to the day she vanished with her older cousin Evelyn Salazar, Jamie Barela was finally given a proper burial ."

http://www.grass-roots-press.com/2010/03/08/memories-of-jaime-selena-smiles-and-serial-murder/

"The brutality with which one of the victims was killed was made evident when Albuquerque investigators paid a visit to Jamie Barela's mother, Jayne Perea Barela.

"It was shortly after they identified Jamie's body," the mother said. "Two investigators came to my home. One of the detectives took me to (another) room to speak to me privately. She told that one of Jamie's breasts had been cut off. It was so upsetting to hear that. I will never forget it."

http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_25155150/families-victims-received-tips-about-possible-killers

It is going to be hard to find witnesses for this one given the area full of druggies etc. and people who don't want to be involved in the law.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back