WI - Crystal Harrison, 20, Summit, 29 July 2005

Crystal Faye Harrison, 20, has been missing since July 29. Now, Juneau County officials sent out a flier nationwide, asking people for any information about her whereabouts.

Officials will not comment at this time about whether they suspect foul play,
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ibsys/20050805/lo_wisc/2864023

The children were found unattended in the living room of their Mauston home. Harrison's medication, makeup, clothes and ID were all still in the house -- nothing was missing, officials said.
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/kmbc/20050804/lo_wisc/2864023

I never hear about these missing persons here in WI, that's so wierd! I always end up reading about them here.

When I went to the links I didn't see a pic at all so heres a link w/a pic

http://www.channel3000.com/news/4811329/detail.html

ETA: My comp didnt bring up the pic from the 1st post, sorry now it's working for me!

Hi Marisa714,
That info about her being the daughter of a murder/suicide came from a newspaper that requires a subscription. Maybe there'll be some more news about it somewhere else. Also, I think she was only babysitting a niece and nephew, and her only child is the 7 month old son.

ShowerSinger said:
Hi Marisa714,
That info about her being the daughter of a murder/suicide came from a newspaper that requires a subscription. Maybe there'll be some more news about it somewhere else. Also, I think she was only babysitting a niece and nephew, and her only child is the 7 month old son.

Hey thanks for letting me know! I actually just found the article at Madison.com and searching the archives for her name, and at the very end it mentioned the murder/suicide. I hope she turns up soon and is alright.

Wow. Echoes of Latoyia Figueroa.

It seems odd, a connection between the mother being murdered and the daughter being murdered later in life.

edited to add:

There's something not right about this story. Why did she lie about getting this new job, and then suddenly vanish? It sounds like she'll turn up alive and well somewhere, just not wanting to be where she was.

And who is this "other adult" who was with her and now is presumedly also gone? And does this woman only have one pair of shoes? Who has only ONE pair of shoes?

Prayers for her safe return.

ShowerSinger said:
Hi Marisa714,

Do you know about bugmenot.com? When you run across a site that needs a registration go to bugmenot.com and enter the url of the site. It will give you the username and password. Works on most sites.

Authorities say 20-year-old Crystal Harrison was last heard from more than a week ago when she spoke with a friend over the phone while baby-sitting for her aunt and uncle.

The aunt and uncle returned from a vacation the next day to find their children, aged three and one, alone with the baby.

Her aunt, Jackie Schara, says the front door of the home was unlocked, and Harrison's shoes were still there.
http://nbc15.madison.com/news/headlines/1655531.html

This story has a lot of holes in it, doesn't it? She was apparently babysitting for an aunt and uncle while they were ON VACATION leaving their 3 and 1 year olds, and hadn't spoken to her during that time? Or at least during the last day, maybe. She did, during the aunt and uncle's vacation away from their children, speak to a friend on the phone, so they know she was there up to 24 hours before the Aunt and Uncle returned.

What about her purse? Women have one purse, several shoes. And who was the "other adult" who was with her?

Sorry to pry, this story just doesn't add up one little bit to me.

ShowerSinger said:
www.wkowtv.com/index.php/news/story/p/pkid/21933

She is the mother to a 7 month old son. She is also the daughter of a murder-suicide in 2001.

Now that is odd. The above article say that when the aunt and uncle returned home, they found the children there by themselves. But according to showersinger's article:

20-year-old Crystal Harrison was last seen on July 29th at 10pm. That night Harrison was home with another adult. She disappeared, leaving behind her 7-month-old son, and niece and nephew, whom she was babysitting.

Who was the other adult who either was there or had been there?
There is not much in the media about this case. Usually by this time in a case, the news media would be posting all kinds of articles about the girl, her family and her friends. Very odd.

Mysteriew - there are all kinds of people who just up and run off.

Thousands of people, in the US , every year, just decide they'd not like to be members of their family anymore. We'd all be exhausted and grey haired trying to keep up with people who choose to leave and don't want to be contacted.

Either this story is being portrayed VERY oddly by all media sources, (which is possible) or Crystal got sick and tired of being a mom and left.

KatherineQ said:
Mysteriew - there are all kinds of people who just up and run off.

Thousands of people, in the US , every year, just decide they'd not like to be members of their family anymore. We'd all be exhausted and grey haired trying to keep up with people who choose to leave and don't want to be contacted.

Either this story is being portrayed VERY oddly by all media sources, (which is possible) or Crystal got sick and tired of being a mom and left.

That is true. But family members are adamant that this girl would not have left her child. She was there babysitting, and then she wasn't. Her shoes were there. Her personal effects were there. The children were left there alone. LE seems to be reluctant to talk. I suspect that they have asked media to hold back from talking about her (it happens, a lot). I am strongly suspecting foul play here.

mysteriew said:
That is true. But family members are adamant that this girl would not have left her child. She was there babysitting, and then she wasn't. Her shoes were there. Her personal effects were there. The children were left there alone. LE seems to be reluctant to talk. I suspect that they have asked media to hold back from talking about her (it happens, a lot). I am strongly suspecting foul play here.

It sounds like this gal is a single mother so it is very possible that she only has one pair of shoes. Her money may be pretty tight. I have one certain pair of shoes that I wear all of the time so if I came up missing my kids would know something was wrong if those shoes were where I always set them.

I can't imagine anyone getting the urge to just take off and leaving 3 babies alone for a night and a day. I'm sure that she knew the parents on vacation wouldn't be back until the next day.

It's odd that she would lie about getting a job but if the family has been pressuring her about working or something....you never know. The media probably isn't getting much info. I wonder what the last person to talk to her had to say. Was she happy....depressed....everything seem normal...was she dating anyone...have a ex..etc, etc.

I hope we find out more about this case or better yet that this gal shows up unhurt with a good reason for leaving the kids alone.

As far as the shoes detail, she was babysitting at the aunt and uncle's house so she may have only brought a pair of shoes over there for the time that she was staying with the kids, it doesn't mean that is the only pair she owns because she probably has more at her place. That is interesting about the job part, though, where the hospital didn't know anything about her being hired there, I wonder if that is mental health related, ie mark hacking making up his "other life"?

Okay here is what I gather from the article:
She (and her baby son) were there to babysit for her young cousins. There may or may not have been another adult there. She was last heard from talking to a friend on the phone. She was missing by the next day, children were found alone, door unlocked, shoes there, meds there. She may or may not have found a new job.
My questions are- did she live there or elsewhere? Where is father to the baby? Did she have a boyfriend? Who was the other adult who may or may not have been there that night, and what was their relationship to her? What is her past history- does she have a history of being irresponsible? Was she expecting any company that night? What was she taking medication for?
Why is the media not reporting more on this girl? Are there searches being conducted- if not why not? Why is family not speaking out?

Remains found about a mile away, still need to ID body

Human Remains Found In Juneau County

20-Year-Old Mother Missing From Same Area

POSTED: 8:03 am CDT August 8, 2005
UPDATED: 8:16 am CDT August 8, 2005

MAUSTON, Wis. -- The Juneau County sheriffs department confirmed human remains were found 1 mile away from the home of a town of Summit woman who's been missing for a week.

For the past two days, police have been scouring an area just off Hill Road near Mauston -- the same area recently searched by a group of volunteers looking for Chrystal Faye Harrison.

Harrison, 20, disappeared July 29, when she was house sitting for her aunt and uncle and taking care of her 7-month-old son and her sister's two children.

The state crime lab, coroner's office and other authorities are trying to identify the bones.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/4821496/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back