1115 users online (316 members and 799 guests)  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I'm not sure what to think of Blea, other than he is a major creep and a terrible driver. He has tons of traffic citations with quite a few in the war zone. From what I've gathered on him from news articles and the court cases look up website is he got arrested on 8-31-2008 for domestic violence against a household member. It looks like he posted bail but sometime between then and 2010 he was charged with the cold case rapes that occurred around McKinley middle school. I assume his DNA was taken because of the DV case and it was a match for the rapes. His DNA also matched DNA found a murdered prostitute's jeans that was found in the east mountains...I believe this was an old case. A man was arrested and charged with her muder but the charges were dropped because the man who had was arrested, his DNA didn't match. Blea was also charged with exposing himself to his stepdaughter..but those charges were dismissed after his stepdaughter recanted. The story was, when APD excuted search warrants on Blea's residence they found her diaries. In the diaries, she wrote of a family member exposing himself to her and her telling her mother but when it was time to testify in the rape cases, she recanted and claimed it was another family member, not Blea, who did it. She claimed the prosecution forced her to testify and say it was Blea.

Interesting article to add to the Blea files

http://www.abqjournal.com/596139/news/headline-348.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sayd View Post
    Well, well, well, isn't this interesting... Is Joseph Blea tied to West Mesa killings?

http://www.abqjournal.com/597107/new...-killings.html
    illegal dumping of landscape stuff--that's how William Howell in CT came across him dumping ground

I believe Blea was in jail when the victims were found. Also, I believe APD competely dropped the ball when these woman were first reported missing. Supposedly, Detective Lopez believed there was a serial killer at work but her superiors refused to believe her.

Quote Originally Posted by JDauxa View Post
    There has to be a second burial site. Let's match the victim with the latest known missing date and see if we can figure out what Blea was up to around that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Without a doubt!! I have been absent the last day or two. The McStay preliminary was Monday and so my day was devoted to that then I had to catch up at my normal job lol.

RIP McStays

What did Montoya do for a living? Blea we know was a landscaper and would have been proficient with a shovel. I heard or read somewhere recently that the tree tag was in one of the graves 8 ft. in depth. I don't know how accurate that information is but if it was deep like that it was likely covered at the same time the victim was. I'm not even sure it's possible to dig a 8 ft hole without a ladder to climb back out or a set of long handled post hole diggers and it would take quite a bit of effort. I'm wondering if some dirt was pushed over the graves when they were leveling off of the subdivision and that explains the depth. Blea looks like a really good possibility to me.

From what I have read...the victims were found with NO clothes or belongings. Why??? To maybe help with hiding identity?? With DNA these days, it doesn't seem like that would make sense.

Why naked? Does someone somewhere have a whole room full of trophy's? Were they killed after sex? All of them? If so, the clothes still have to be somewhere.

At least 11 pairs of shoes...At least 11 pairs of pants, underwear (maybe), 11 bras (maybe), and 11 shirts. Jewelery. Purses. Items in the purses. Somebody HAS these things. I cant see them keeping all of it just to donate it the Salvation Army or something. They were kept for a reason...and I don't think ID purposes had anything to do with it. Not in this day and age.

Blea's wife said he had women's clothing and jewelry.....I don't know...why would Blea walk around telling people, or letting people KNOW or be so careless to let them find out, that women were being killed? Because, clearly, people KNEW or there wouldn't be all those phone calls to victim's families prior to bodies being found...that doesn't seem like something someone like Blea would let happen. More like someone who wanted the others to FEAR them as in a way to control. Unless Blea was working with someone....
    Last edited by the seeker; 06-19-2015 at 05:37 PM.

RIP McStays

Quote Originally Posted by the seeker View Post
    From what I have read...the victims were found with NO clothes or belongings. Why??? To maybe help with hiding identity?? With DNA these days, it doesn't seem like that would make sense.

Why naked? Does someone somewhere have a whole room full of trophy's? Were they killed after sex? All of them? If so, the clothes still have to be somewhere.

At least 11 pairs of shoes...At least 11 pairs of pants, underwear (maybe), 11 bras (maybe), and 11 shirts. Jewelery. Purses. Items in the purses. Somebody HAS these things. I cant see them keeping all of it just to donate it the Salvation Army or something. They were kept for a reason...and I don't think ID purposes had anything to do with it. Not in this day and age.

Blea's wife said he had women's clothing and jewelry.....I don't know...why would Blea walk around telling people, or letting people KNOW or be so careless to let them find out, that women were being killed? Because, clearly, people KNEW or there wouldn't be all those phone calls to victim's families prior to bodies being found...that doesn't seem like something someone like Blea would let happen. More like someone who wanted the others to FEAR them as in a way to control. Unless Blea was working with someone....
    I added to my post.

RIP McStays

Hello, the seeker! I'm just bouncing off your post because it had to do with the clothing, or rather the lack of clothing.

This is probably unrelated and I wasn't even going to mention it, but I keep thinking about it...so here goes:

I don't think I can link or quote from it because it is from a thread " downstairs". Anyway, the gist of it is....a poster here came across a display of women's clothing located in a vacant house in a ghost town in NEW MEXICO. There were also things written on the walls and the whole thing was rather creepy. I remember thinking at the time that it looked like a 'trophy room'.

I realize the odds are pretty slim of this being connected. But, I just can't seem to shake the feeling that it might be so I had to say something.

If anyone wants to take a look....the thread is located in the
    Jury Room....I bumped it, so it should be on top.
    Name of the thread is ' disturbing display I found in a vacant house'.

Probably no relation to POI Blea, but still found it interesting.

Brianna Blea, aged 16 went missing from Albuquerque on June 1, 2015. She is 5' 0" and weighs 100 lbs.

http://missingpersons.dps.state.nm.us/

RIP McStays

Look at the comment at the bottom by Dudley DoRight.....worth checking with this former boss of Blea's?

http://krqe.com/2015/06/08/accused-s...-in-rape-case/

RIP McStays

The good thing is that Blea will be locked up for a long time. The bad is that he may never be charged with these murders, which I think he did commit.

Look at the comment at the bottom by Dudley DoRight.....worth checking with this former boss of Blea's?

http://krqe.com/2015/06/08/accused-s...-in-rape-case/
    Nah, this is why comments are considered off limits. Do a search on the person Dudly DoRight mentions and you will see hundreds of hits claiming that person is all sorts of terrible things and owns all sorts of terrible companies. None of it checks out. It's a *years* long personal vendetta by someone (and that someone is horrifyingly misogynistic and homophobic as well). I'd say they are unbalanced and have a lot of time on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourcingforinfo View Post
    http://krqe.com/2014/01/31/does-apd-...-mesa-murders/

The excavation team found an identification tag from a tree that was purchased at an Albuquerque nursery in one of the graves. It took months of cross-referencing to put it all together, but detectives were able to trace the tag back to a nursery where Blea, who had worked as a gardener and landscaper, was a frequent customer, KRQE has learned.
    As soon as this was said in the show, I found it very interesting. Especially since LISK had girls wrapped in Burlap Tree Bags... Blea a landscaper... possible link?
    - Doll -

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.”

Do these voices sound like the same man?
    https://youtu.be/uMQjcNXdJl4

one voice is the man claiming to be the Bone Collector. the other voice is the killer of Amber Tucarro in CANADA.

I had someone make this comparison after I noticed the voices sounded similar. The detective who had contact with the supposed Bone Collector was floored when he heard it. He said he was going to have forensic voice experts check it out or something.

Could be something. Could be nothing. They sound SO similar though AND both men prefer to kill latina/native looking girls.
    Here to help. Here to love. Here to encourage.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast