POI: Lorenzo Montoya

chicagofa13

Reaction score
Possibly bones of missing prostitutes. :(

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29247408/

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - Bones from six bodies have been uncovered in the desert west of Albuquerque during the past two weeks, and police said Tuesday they were likely put there by one person.

As detectives shore up their list of suspects, the list of possible victims is growing to include a group of 16 prostitutes who went missing from Albuquerque between 2001 and 2006 and others reported missing to other area law enforcement agencies.

Possibly bones of missing prostitutes. :(

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29247408/

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - Bones from six bodies have been uncovered in the desert west of Albuquerque during the past two weeks, and police said Tuesday they were likely put there by one person.

As detectives shore up their list of suspects, the list of possible victims is growing to include a group of 16 prostitutes who went missing from Albuquerque between 2001 and 2006 and others reported missing to other area law enforcement agencies.

snipped from the article:

"Argueta said his detectives are looking at a few suspects in connection with Chavez's case. Two suspects — Fred Reynolds and Lorenzo Montoya — are dead.

Reynolds, 60, was an Albuquerque area pimp who was found dead of natural causes in January. Police say he had pictures of some of the missing prostitutes in his home.

Montoya, 39, was shot and killed in 2006 after he killed a 19-year-old prostitute, Sherika Hill, and tried to stuff her nude body in the trunk of his car. Her pimp, parked outside his trailer waiting for Hill, shot Montoya."

I saw this before Kat and while I have nothing more than a gut instinct to go on, I don't know if the men mentioned in the initial article are responsible for all ten bodies. I think it depends on the identity of the bodies and the time frame of the dumps. I would hope that the police would have already been trying to tie these suspects' names to the other missing women as they shared similar risk factors in the way they went missing. However, it is possible that this discovery is what it takes for the police to really dig deeper into the circumstances of Albuquerque's missing women. Just my two cents! My goodness though, I hope they are able to solve this one, ten bodies in the span of five or six years has a monster's fingerprints all over it, and just imagine if the culprit isn't one of these two dead suspects?

I saw this before Kat and while I have nothing more than a gut instinct to go on, I don't know if the men mentioned in the initial article are responsible for all ten bodies. I think it depends on the identity of the bodies and the time frame of the dumps. I would hope that the police would have already been trying to tie these suspects' names to the other missing women as they shared similar risk factors in the way they went missing. However, it is possible that this discovery is what it takes for the police to really dig deeper into the circumstances of Albuquerque's missing women. Just my two cents! My goodness though, I hope they are able to solve this one, ten bodies in the span of five or six years has a monster's fingerprints all over it, and just imagine if the culprit isn't one of these two dead suspects?

Respectfully bolded by me.

I, too, would be surprised if they were either as a pair or individually responsible. Montoya had been involved with a murder of a female before but it was back in either 2007 or 2006 and I can't find an archived article on the incident only a reference made to him killing a woman and then being shot by her boyfriend.

Perhaps it is sloppy reporting but I found in interesting that the other man, was said to have "Police say he had pictures of some of the missing prostitutes in his home." (quoted from the article posted in post #1).

But yet, also from that article "Of the six sets of remains, only one has been identified through dental records provided by the family of Victoria Chavez when they reported her missing in 2004."

I'm not sure how to connect that man if he has pictures of some of the women that had been missing~to~ he might be responsible for the remains of the victims found when only one had been identified at that time.

:waitasec: I probably didn't make a lot of sense trying to type that out. I hope you all can sort out what I am trying to say.

One POI lived close to the dig site. And I wonder if rope made out of duck tape was found at the scene? Good video at the below link.

http://kob.com/article/stories/S810040.shtml?cat=516

(snip)
Police said Montoya had tied Hill up with a rope made out of duct tape. Investigators said the way the rope was made suggested Montoya had done it before.
Another reason Montoya is getting attention is how close he lived to the dig site--about two miles.
Back in 2006, there were dirt trails that led directly from Montoya's mobile home park to the dig site.

Thank you for the updates SuziQ. Montoya and the other man were named as POI's early in the investigation. Both are dead.

The article you gave a link to in your post # 58 that gave the account of the crime where Montoya killed a woman, was very interesting. I hadn't been able to locate an article on that from the archives.

I wonder if we would still be able to search for Montoya's rap sheet or the other POI as we are in other cases? It would be interesting to see what kind of offenses they had been arrested for in the past.

I do not have L. Montoya's middle initial. I can only guess his year of birth at 1967 (+/- 1 Yr) given that he was killed in 2006 at the age of 39.

I did a search of court records at the Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court link, there were quite a few results returned for the individual that I searched for by the search terms outlined above.

A great many were Traffic violations. I do not think that those would be of interest to us in looking at his history. However, what caught my eye were the following charges.

These are charges and I have not followed to the sentence and/or dismissal of these charges.

I do not know for sure if this is the L. Montoya that is referred to in the article above. But the year of birth is accurate (no others of that name with that year found) and the descriptions of the defendent are consistant.

That being said here are some charges I saw:

1/12/2005 Patronizing prostitutes

7/13/2002 Unlawful carry deadly weapon

11/03/1999 Criminal Sexual Penetration 2nd degree, Criminal Sexual Penetration 3rd degree, Kidnapping (all charges Nolle prosequi)

9/26/1998 Patronizing prostitutes

5/04/1994 Assault domestic Violence Case

4/22/1989 Unlawful carry deadly weapon

Just found them interesting.

I do not have L. Montoya's middle initial. I can only guess his year of birth at 1967 (+/- 1 Yr) given that he was killed in 2006 at the age of 39.

I did a search of court records at the Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court link, there were quite a few results returned for the individual that I searched for by the search terms outlined above.

A great many were Traffic violations. I do not think that those would be of interest to us in looking at his history. However, what caught my eye were the following charges.

These are charges and I have not followed to the sentence and/or dismissal of these charges.

I do not know for sure if this is the L. Montoya that is referred to in the article above. But the year of birth is accurate (no others of that name with that year found) and the descriptions of the defendent are consistant.

That being said here are some charges I saw:

1/12/2005 Patronizing prostitutes

7/13/2002 Unlawful carry deadly weapon

11/03/1999 Criminal Sexual Penetration 2nd degree, Criminal Sexual Penetration 3rd degree, Kidnapping (all charges Nolle prosequi)

9/26/1998 Patronizing prostitutes

5/04/1994 Assault domestic Violence Case

4/22/1989 Unlawful carry deadly weapon

Just found them interesting.

Good job Kat. I find this interesting too. He certainly has the type of history that would go along with this type of case. 4 cases involving women including sex crimes and patronizing prostitutes. Two cases that on the surface don't involve women, but do involve guns.

They may or may not be able to find COD for the women that died, but I do hope if they were shot that maybe they could find a bullet. And I hope his gun is still in evidence.

Does anyone know if there has been foreign DNA recovered from any of the victims? I am curious to know if it matches Montoyas. I know it will take a while for any DNA results to be available but, I would like to know if DNA has been recovered.

Does anyone know if there has been foreign DNA recovered from any of the victims? I am curious to know if it matches Montoyas. I know it will take a while for any DNA results to be available but, I would like to know if DNA has been recovered.

The chances of them getting any DNA or prints on or around the remains is very, very slim. They have been exposed to the weather and soil so any prints and DNA that might have been available is almost impossible.

The chances of them getting any DNA or prints on or around the remains is very, very slim. They have been exposed to the weather and soil so any prints and DNA that might have been available is almost impossible.

I am sure you are correct about the elements destroying the DNA. :(
Has the cause of death been released on any of the victims? If the victims were murdered by firearms, perhaps fingerprints could be recovered from the bullets........

Wow! Pretty interesting. This article is a chache view of one that was originally printed in 2006, after Montoya's death. Montoya's family is questioning certain facts in the police report/version, and letting out important details in doing so. I think this guy, who died at 39, is definitely responsible for these bodies......but even scarier.....at 39, I find it extremely likely, that he didn't begin his killing career only five years before his death. I'm going to look and see if I can find more stuff based on where he lived before he died, other than at the trailer park. This was one bad dude.

http://tinyurl.com/d9tcdm
The story, as bad as it is, just doesn't add up, the man's family says.
Lorenzo Montoya, 39, met the 19-year-old girl in an Internet chat room, police had said. But according to his family, Montoya didn't know anything about computers, and didn't own one.
Police said that, moments before Montoya was shot to death, he threatened the girl's boyfriend with a gun. But he wasn't holding a gun, only a flashlight, the family said.
And according to police, the boyfriend discovered the girl, bound and strangled to death, inside Montoya's South Valley trailer. Yet her body was actually found outside the trailer on the ground, the family said.
But mostly, the story of Lorenzo Montoya's end, his portrayal as a monster and possible serial killer, doesn't add up with what his family says they knew about a man they loved.
"We are led to believe that a man with a 16-year-old daughter he cared for so deeply is capable of choking the life out of a 19-year-old girl," one family member wrote in an e-mail.
Police, meanwhile, acknowledged Wednesday that some details initially released about the killings were not accurate but say they still believe Montoya killed Shericka Hill before he died.
Montoya and Hill did not meet in an Internet chat room, as first reported, but in a chat room of the older, telephonic variety. It was the kind of place you might reach by calling the numbers in the blue ads at the back of certain local news magazines, said Carlos Argueta, a sergeant with the homicide unit of Albuquerque police.
Montoya and Hill then met briefly in person and agreed to rendezvous at Montoya's trailer off Blake Drive in the South Valley. Montoya left to get money. Hill went and picked up her boyfriend, 18-year-old Fredrick Williams, who stayed out of sight in the car once they arrived at the trailer park.
What happened next, Argueta said, also differed from initial reports.
Williams remained in the car, as police had said. After some time had passed, he grew concerned and began trying to contact Hill on her cell phone. The phone was equipped with a walkie-talkie device, and Williams tried to reach her using that. He was calling constantly, Argueta said.
But before the confrontation in which police say Williams shot Montoya in apparent self-defense, the two men had another encounter.
In that encounter, Argueta said, Montoya presented himself as "some kind of security guard" and ordered Williams to leave. Williams said he was looking for his girlfriend, that she was somewhere in the trailer park. Montoya "shooed him away," Argueta said.
Williams circled the park. Some minutes later, Argueta said, Williams again noticed Montoya. It was still dark, some time between 4 and 5 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 17. Montoya was outside his trailer, Argueta said, attempting to load Hill's body into a red truck that belonged to his neighbor. He saw Williams and dropped the body, perhaps hoping Williams hadn't noticed, and resumed his security guard pose. He walked toward Williams and told him he would help him search for his girlfriend, Argueta said.
Williams had noticed something. He told Montoya that he was calling police. The men argued.
"A gunbattle ensued," Argueta said. Police had, he said, found a gun on or near Montoya.
Much of that account is based on statements to police by Williams, who was questioned and later released and has not been charged with a crime. But Argueta said police have also found evidence linking Montoya to Hill's death, the nature of which he said he couldn't disclose.
Police have searched Montoya's trailer and several vehicles in connection with their investigation, and those search warrants will be made public soon, Argueta said.
"We're not just going off what the boyfriend says," he said.
Argueta said police have not received any response to bulletins sent to other law enforcement agencies across the country, asking if any have similar, unsolved crimes.
Bernalillo County Sheriff Darren White said his detectives are sharing information with Albuquerque police about a pair of missing person cases involving women with vocations similar to Hill's. But that part of the investigation - which has fueled speculation that Montoya may have been involved in other crimes - is just beginning, White said.
Members of Montoya's family, who spoke to The Tribune on the condition they not be identified, said they still have questions about the police version of events. Why, one asked, would Montoya load a body into someone else's truck?
They acknowledged that Montoya had done things in his life he wasn't proud of. He'd been arrested in 1999 on charges he choked and raped a prostitute, but those charges were dropped.
His family said they knew him as a different man, one who had come through his adversities. He was funny and bright, a good father and a hard worker, someone to be proud of.
"I'll say this," one family member said. "If he did what they're saying, he was the greatest Jekyll and Hyde act I've ever heard of."

This was one super evil monster. I'm shaking as I'm typing because of the stuff I'm finding. Creeeeepy! Thank god, he's dead.

Here's Montoya's vitals: Lorenzo M. Montoya; Date of Birth: May 29, 1967; Date of death: Dec 17, 2006

and another interesting article cache after his death

http://tinyurl.com/b7jrx2

Shooting Victims Behavior Probbed

Had Lorenzo Montoya done something like this before?
That question hung over the scene police discovered at a West Side trailer park Sunday morning.
Montoya, 39, had been shot dead in apparent self-defense by the boyfriend of a 19-year-old woman who police say had agreed to return to Montoya's home to dance for him.
The woman, Shericka Hill, was found inside the trailer, partially clothed, her hands bound with duct tape. She had been strangled to death, police say.
Authorities are looking into the possibility that Montoya may have killed before, though they haven't found indication of that, Albuquerque Police spokesman John Walsh said Monday.
Bulletins have been sent to law enforcement agencies across the country asking if any have unsolved crimes resembling the scene left by Montoya. So far, none have called back, Walsh said.
Court records from Albuquerque, however, show that Montoya had a history of arrests here involving prostitution and violence. In one, he was accused of picking up a prostitute and choking and raping her.
That was in 1999. According to a criminal complaint, Montoya picked up the woman near Sun Port Boulevard.
She later told police that he forced her to perform oral sex, then slammed her against a seat and began choking her. A police car pulled up alongside, and the officer found Montoya wearing a condom and trying to pull off the woman's underwear, the complaint states.
No money changed hands, and Montoya's wallet was found to contain only $2. He was charged with criminal sexual penetration, attempted criminal sexual penetration and kidnapping, but later that year, the charges were dropped.
District Attorney Kari Brandenburg, on vacation Monday, said she would have to research why the case was dropped. She said evidence may not have corroborated the woman's story, or the woman may have refused to cooperate with prosecutors, among other possibilities.
Montoya was arrested at least seven times in the last 20 years. Out of those arrests, he was found guilty only once, on a 1989 weapons charge.
An aggravated battery charge from 1987 was dismissed, according to court records. Charges of patronizing a prostitute in 1998 and 2005 were deferred, as were a 1994 domestic violence charge and charges of shoplifting and carrying a concealed deadly weapon from 2002.
Montoya's second arrest for patronizing a prostitute occurred on Jan. 12, 2005 near Central Avenue and Gen. Stillwell Street Northeast, a few blocks from where Hill lived, according to motor vehicle records.
According to those records, Hill was 4 feet, 8 inches tall. She had no criminal record in New Mexico.
Police say she and Montoya met on an Internet chat room about 2 a.m. Sunday, then the two met briefly in person near University and Menaul.
There, Hill agreed to return to Montoya's mobile home at 4000 Blake Drive Southwest and "perform a dance," Walsh said.
Unbeknownst to Montoya, Hill stopped on her way and picked up her boyfriend, Fredrick Williams, 18.
At the mobile home park, Williams waited in the car while Hill entered Montoya's trailer. After about an hour, he grew concerned and pulled closer to the trailer. Montoya came outside with a gun, police say. Williams also had a gun, and shot Montoya multiple times, killing him.
Inside the trailer, he found Hill's body, police say.
Williams called police and was questioned and released, Walsh said. His story matches evidence collected at the scene and and he has not been charged with a crime because police say he appears to have acted in self-defense.
Brandenburg said the case would likely be taken before a grand jury.
"We want the public to have every confidence that this case has been evaluated fairly," she said.

found this in NM courts; first one probably the one spoken of in article

D 21 1 30-3-5 AGGRAVATED BATTERY NOLLE PROSEQUI 01/22/1987

Domestic Violence 02/17/1998
Domestic Violence/with children 03/19/1998

This was one super evil monster. I'm shaking as I'm typing because of the stuff I'm finding. Creeeeepy! Thank god, he's dead.

Here's Montoya's vitals: Lorenzo M. Montoya; Date of Birth: May 29, 1967; Date of death: Dec 17, 2006

and another interesting article cache after his death

http://tinyurl.com/b7jrx2

That assault victim was lucky she got away. He only had $2 dollars in his wallet meaning he never intended to pay her and was going to kill her.

Thank you for digging up these articles. It gives us a snapshot of what most likely happened to the other victims.

That assault victim was lucky she got away. He only had $2 dollars in his wallet meaning he never intended to pay her and was going to kill her.

Thank you for digging up these articles. It gives us a snapshot of what most likely happened to the other victims.

SuziQ I read the articles again, I was under the impression that this assault victim S. Hill was strangled to death in his trailer. When he was taking her out to put her in a neighbors vehicle he was (He=L. Montoya) was seen by her BF and her BF then shot and killed L. Montoya. Did I miss a victim? TIA

SuziQ I read the articles again, I was under the impression that this assault victim S. Hill was strangled to death in his trailer. When he was taking her out to put her in a neighbors vehicle he was (He=L. Montoya) was seen by her BF and her BF then shot and killed L. Montoya. Did I miss a victim? TIA

Here is the info on the one who got away.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...d/+"Lorenzo+Montoya"&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=8&gl=us

(snip)
That was in 1999. According to a criminal complaint, Montoya picked up the woman near Sun Port Boulevard.
She later told police that he forced her to perform oral sex, then slammed her against a seat and began choking her. A police car pulled up alongside, and the officer found Montoya wearing a condom and trying to pull off the woman's underwear, the complaint states.
No money changed hands, and Montoya's wallet was found to contain only $2. He was charged with criminal sexual penetration, attempted criminal sexual penetration and kidnapping, but later that year, the charges were dropped.

While I could be completely wrong, I am somewhat skeptical that Montoya was the killer. From the articles posted, it appears that he lived in the NE heights and only lived on the mesa from January of 2005, at the earliest, until his death in December 2006. His 2005 NE heights residence places him just a bit east of the red light district (which, iirc, is the east central area between Louisana and Wyoming Blvds). The alleged pimp otoh, specifically his website, is interesting. Esp considering that, the missing, possibly deceased, may have met their killer online. Am trying to track that bit down right now.

TY Ruflossn.

Montoya has been forefront in my mind since reading about him in the beginning.

His ex-co-workers had some very interesting details to share about him. Of course, it's heresay but it's very interesting heresay.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back