FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
who knew she was coming home alone other than her husband & sister?

I find it strange that the very next day, someone set up a donation page

her husband is the office manager at her practice

My first thought was murder for hire - it's the usual situation where the person doing the hiring is conveniently out of town. I'm so jaded. :(

Second thought: someone (perhaps a neighbor) tried to come on to her and was rebuffed. The person either got angry or the doctor threatened to tell...

Third thought: the doctor had a relationship with someone else (doesn't seem likely to me based on how she was described, but one never knows).

Fourth thought: she surprised a burglar. Burglars usually just run, but if it was someone she recognized (like a teen from the neighborhood)...

New details in murder investigation of Teresa Sievers

WINK news updating as the story breaks.

Within the last hour, dozens of training academy recruits combed the scene, helping detectives look for evidence. Members of Statewide Security arrived on scene to work with crime scene detectives.

An employee tells WINK News the company did provide security for the Sievers’ home but that’s all they would tell us.

Our cameras were rolling as the security company members put on gloves and booties and appeared to go inside the home.

One neighbor told WINK News she heard a scream in the early hours of Monday morning. Others say the lack of information about the beloved doctor has them very worried.

I have a friend in FL that says Teresa was her doctor for 2 years. She lives near by and said that they didn't have crime scene tape up around the house, police blocked off the entire road and were only letting people on to the street if the address on their ID's was specifically for that neighborhood.

Who am I? I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind which encourages you to be who you choose to be as long as you are truthful to yourself. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that encourages you to reach higher. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that makes you understand that you are a survivor...that you are important...that you matter.

My first thought was murder for hire - it's the usual situation where the person doing the hiring is conveniently out of town. I'm so jaded. :(

Second thought: someone (perhaps a neighbor) tried to come on to her and was rebuffed. The person either got angry or the doctor threatened to tell...

Third thought: the doctor had a relationship with someone else (doesn't seem likely to me based on how she was described, but one never knows).

Fourth thought: she surprised a burglar. Burglars usually just run, but if it was someone she recognized (like a teen from the neighborhood)...

I also had your first thought just reading the title of this thread!

So her sister stayed out-of-town with her husband? Did the sister normally "Nanny" for them? With a doctor's schedule, were her husband and sister raising the kids and living off the income of the good doctor? Being together all the time sometimes leads to relationships that might otherwise never happen.

Estero doctor identified as homicide victim
July 1 2015

8202198_G.jpg

LCSO on Monday went Monday at 9:45 a.m. to Sievers' address at 27034 Jarvis Road in Bonita Springs regarding her death.

Major Crimes detectives responded due to the nature of the incident and determined it to be a homicide.

LCSO now is asking neighbors to "remain vigilant and if they see any suspicious activity to please report it."

Employees at her office - Restorative Health and Healing Center in Estero - said she didn't show up for work on Monday, despite having scheduled patients.

Teresa Sievers, is listed as the homeowner at the Jarvis Road home.

Sievers was the primary provider for her* young daughters.*

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime/bonita-springs-homicide-investigation-underway

I'm jaded too.
Fred Tokars was out of town ... Where is he now.?
Prison.
The office called police to check on her so quickly. I know my office would not allow an employee to go check on someone, but it still bothers me police were called so quickly.
In retrospect it's a good thing they did.
Moo

I don't think this was a crime of chance. Her house is the only house in the street with a fenced yard. The street is narrow and to enter or exit the street from her end you can only turn in and out from one way. Someone knew she was going to be home alone. One of the news articles did mention she works with the transgender community. Perhaps that upset someone. The clinic that she worked in also provided her home with security which makes me think she might have had threats before

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime/neighbors-of-dead-doctor-in-fear-after-slaying_19464889. This one actually has new information that I hadn't seen before.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
"Contreras lives on Allan Street behind the Sievers home. She said she heard a scream early Monday morning, around 6 a.m. that woke her from sleep."

"It was a rare moment then, last week, when Torres saw the mother of two playing with the garden hose in the front yard with her daughters, Josephine and Carmi."

I'm not liking this at all. Please, I pray its not headed where I think it is!
Moo

This is not going to be random, Imo. LE must know something already, to have said there is no general danger.

I read somewhere she left "early", but she had patients scheduled, so I can't see why that was said.
Looking for link.
"Our partners at the News-Press spoke to Sievers’ sister, who said she returned to Southwest Florida early from a family vacation, and was found dead a day later."
http://www.winknews.com/2015/07/01/new-details-in-murder-investigation-of-teresa-sievers/

She returned SUNDAY! With appts on Monday. How is THAT early?
I think they probably said left early, as in earlier than her family.

Who am I? I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind which encourages you to be who you choose to be as long as you are truthful to yourself. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that encourages you to reach higher. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that makes you understand that you are a survivor...that you are important...that you matter.

I read somewhere she left "early", but she had patients scheduled, so I can't see why that was said.
Looking for link.
"Our partners at the News-Press spoke to Sievers’ sister, who said she returned to Southwest Florida early from a family vacation, and was found dead a day later."
http://www.winknews.com/2015/07/01/new-details-in-murder-investigation-of-teresa-sievers/

She returned SUNDAY! With appts on Monday. How is THAT early?

I think they meant she had to leave early from the family vacation because of work while others stayed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member