Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell - COD: "Heroin Poisoning"

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
This thread is for discussion of the details of AJ's disappearance.
Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell
635611025223203971-Untitled.png

Norfolk Police searching for missing teen
NORFOLK-- Police need your help in the search for a missing Norfolk teen.

18-year-old. Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell was last seen on March 3, 2015 around 5:30 a.m. at her parent's home in the Tarrallton Area of Norfolk.

Her parents reported her missing around 9:15 that evening.

Norfolk Detectives have no indication of foul play but they are actively searching for her.
http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news...k-police-searching-for-missing-teen/24410513/
Thanks to raysgirl1126 for the MPR

Missing Person Report p1

Missing Person Report p2

Thread #1 Thread #2

Medical examiner: ‘Heroin poisoning’ caused AJ Hadsell’s death
June 28, 2015

Norfolk’s Chief Medical Examiner has determined Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell died from “acute heroin poisoning.”

AJ Hadsell’s father believes her final text messages were sent by someone else
JUNE 29, 2015

Norfolk, Va. – For the first time since Anjelica ‘AJ’ Hadsell`s body was found, her adoptive father Wesley Hadsell spoke exclusively with NewsChannel 3 from behind bars.

Wesley Hadsell believes his own family is setting him up – making it look like he murdered AJ.

We recently learned the 18-year-old died of acute heroin poisoning, but the circumstances surrounding her death are still undetermined.

Its it normal in the US for convicted felons to be allowed to give jailhouse interviews or is it just a LE tactic hoping if they give Wes enough rope he might just hang himself, ie the green caravan and I bet the full raw footage is very interesting to LE.
Just curious as it doesn't happen like this in the UK.

I think he's staying on this end of gag order, felon interviews go way back for Wes...

Its it normal in the US for convicted felons to be allowed to give jailhouse interviews or is it just a LE tactic hoping if they give Wes enough rope he might just hang himself, ie the green caravan and I bet the full raw footage is very interesting to LE.
Just curious as it doesn't happen like this in the UK.

Legally and technically: there IS no "case" as of yet. A MOD--not just a COD--must be established prior to any of this legally being established as "a case." This holds true even if LEO are investigating it as "if" it were a case.

JMO, but I'm convinced that LE would greatly prefer dealing with dumb criminals on their watch over smart ones any day. ;)

I am stuck on three things: please let me know if I am wrong. It's more confusing now than in the beginning. (1) Wes is saying Jen got texts from AJ's phone that she had been doing heroin for the last 2 weeks and needed some that night (March 2nd?) or she was going to get sick? Why would any young girl call her mother with that information (I think somebody already said that on here). (2) Didn't Wes once say, after mentioning the little white car, that it wasn't his brother's car because Drew was at work all day? And (3) what is the significance of the green Caravan? I did believe the tow truck guys. I would like to see a timeline, is there one? TIA.

BBM

You do not become physically addicted to heroin in 2 weeks. That time frame is barely long enough for someone to build up a tolerance to it, much less a serious physical addiction. IF Anjelica did say this in text messages, then she was either exaggerating or lying, or she'd been doing heroin for longer than 2 weeks.

You'll just have to trust me on this. ;)

What's nagging at me is how Wes' sister seemingly turned against him when AJ's body was discovered in that house. There is a connection to that house, imo, that was known. My assumption is that it was used for drug use and Wes was known somehow to be connected. JMO.

I'm also wondering if the overdose could be the result of "dabblers" not knowing what they were doing and/or a bad batch. I guess I'm wondering if the overdose was an accident and then the people who witnessed it panicked and hid her body. If that were the case, I would hope at least one of them will come clean about what happened.

I just can't wrap myself around the idea of someone intentionally killing AJ.

JMO.

Let's, for a moment, imagine that someone got AJ wasted on heroin, and then committed another crime against her. Would this whole scenario of taking the body to Franklin, hiding it at an abandoned house, planting the clothes and the jacket, etc. etc. make more sense to you under these circumstances? In other words, if she got high with someone voluntarily, and in her incapacitated state, that person raped her, and she ended up dying from a drug overdose...would it make sense to you that someone would go to great lengths to coverup the sexual assault by hiding the body?

Let's, for a moment, imagine that someone got AJ wasted on heroin, and then committed another crime against her. Would this whole scenario of taking the body to Franklin, hiding it at an abandoned house, planting the clothes and the jacket, etc. etc. make more sense to you under these circumstances? In other words, if she got high with someone voluntarily, and in her incapacitated state, that person raped her, and she ended up dying from a drug overdose...would it make sense to you that someone would go to great lengths to coverup the sexual assault by hiding the body?

Removing her clothes and throwing them by the road somewhere else doesn't make any sense unless it is a Castro (Cleveland 3) type kidnapping and they wanted to throw LE off their scent for a short time. If she was found clothed it points more towards WH cover-up. Even then I couldn't see why unless they thought that LE was getting very close to their location and they needed a distraction to relocate.

Of course WH still has to explain how he got a call on his burner, if that is in fact how he got the call.

This thread is closed for now. When you guys are ready to follow TOS, let me know. By now, NO ONE should need a reminder to leave the garbage on Twitter and FB. Do not drag it over here! And if you're not "at liberty" to mention a source, keep it to yourself.

I've re-opened the thread for posting. Please be sure to read my previous post. Zero tolerance on social media references and rumors. If your post is referencing MSM, then include a link.

Thanks.

Legally and technically: there IS no "case" as of yet. A MOD--not just a COD--must be established prior to any of this legally being established as "a case." This holds true even if LEO are investigating it as "if" it were a case.

JMO, but I'm convinced that LE would greatly prefer dealing with dumb criminals on their watch over smart ones any day. ;)

Great post! You're right, there is no case; hope we hear MOD soon. Love your last sentence, I have a feeling they are having some head-shaking moments with Wes.

I am wondering a few things.

Was AJ clothed when found?
Was AJ buried?
Was there any sort of needles/drug paraphernalia found?
How long was her clothing laying on the side of the road before supposedly being spotted?

Those are just a few of my nagging questions that I keep mulling over.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I am wondering a few things.

Was AJ clothed when found?
Was AJ buried?
Was there any sort of needles/drug paraphernalia found?
How long was her clothing laying on the side of the road before supposedly being spotted?

Those are just a few of my nagging questions that I keep mulling over.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The same questions that are bothering me too.

Also, was did she wear the knee brace all the time and would she have been wearing it that day since she was supposed to have surgery this summer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I can envision that happening. Right now I'm thinking that she died at that house, but I could believe that she was moved after she died as well. The ME should be able to determine that fact so I'll await that news.

I understand crimes were committed, but I'm not thinking that someone purposely killed her in a rage or to cover-up a rape. I concede that could have happened, but I guess I just want to believe it was an accidental overdose, followed by a horrible decision by someone(s) to cover it up.

JMO at the moment.

Jmo, Manner of Death will be very difficult to determine, much less to prove. Now if a person is found full of anti-freeze, for example, it would be easier to show that the person would not have ingested it on their own. More difficult with drugs, Imo.

OT was watching a 48-Hours today re: Julie Jensen's death. Her husband was convicted of murder for poisoning her using anti-freeze. But his conviction was overturned, as one of the main pieces of evidence was a note she wrote, implicating him if she turned up dead. Courts said jury should not have heard that. So far, he has not been tried again. Anyway...unrelated but it made me think how difficult this case could be, without a confession or a witness. Jmo

Unfortunately, until we know manner of death, the debit card, the clothes found, etc. aren't going to make much sense.

JMO, but I believe the wording "acute heroin poisoning" as opposed to "heroin overdose" speaks volumes. It would be interesting to know if they have strands of her hair to use for testing. If she was a user, it would show up in her hair - pathology could pretty much figure how long she had been using, what she used, or if it was a one time thing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back