Anybody have this problem?

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
I had a terrible time getting in here this time. When I typed www.websleuths.com in the address box, I was directed to www.websleuths.com/ORG. It was a search site. I tried several times and was redirected to the other site. I finally put websleuths in a google search and used one of those links to get here.

Has anyone else had this problem?

SewingDeb said:
I had a terrible time getting in here this time. When I typed www.websleuths.com in the address box, I was directed to www.websleuths.com/ORG. It was a search site. I tried several times and was redirected to the other site. I finally put websleuths in a google search and used one of those links to get here.

Yes, I have been having this problem for the last few days. I tried to get in a little while and couldn't, but now I'm in. :crazy: I thought it was my computer. And I have noticed the last few days, that when I am on this site, my computer is so slow, moving from thread to thread.

lilpony said:
Yes, I have been having this problem for the last few days. I tried to get in a little while and couldn't, but now I'm in. :crazy: I thought it was my computer. And I have noticed the last few days, that when I am on this site, my computer is so slow, moving from thread to thread.

I'm glad it's not just me....lol. I wonder what's going on? And how someone else is using Websleuths' URL to redirect people to an almost identically names URL?

SewingDeb said:
I'm glad it's not just me....lol. I wonder what's going on? And how someone else is using Websleuths' URL to redirect people to an almost identically names URL?
Hope everyone else here, will see this thread, because I'm sure its happening to someone else, besides us two..lol
Maybe one of the mods will see this, so we can find out whats wrong..:confused:

Same here! Whew...thought it was my computer!

Mine is ok today, but boy, what a pain. It's like someone was kidnapping me and sending me somewhere I didn't want to go! LOL.

Do not type the "www", only type http://websleuths.com

This should help, some sites do not use the www in the beginning of the URL and this is one of them.

Also, once you get to WS site, right click somewhere on your screen (on the WS site) that is 'blank' (no writing or pictures) then choose 'create shortcut', this will put a link on your desktop that when you click will open your browser and take you directly to WS.

Hope this helps!

SewingDeb said:

christine2448 said:
Do not type the "www", only type http://websleuths.com

This should help, some sites do not use the www in the beginning of the URL and this is one of them.

Also, once you get to WS site, right click somewhere on your screen (on the WS site) that is 'blank' (no writing or pictures) then choose 'create shortcut', this will put a link on your desktop that when you click will open your browser and take you directly to WS.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Christine!

I have web sleuths in my favorites.
So all I have to do is click on that, and there it is.:clap:

I have it in my favorites and as a shortcut on my desktop now. I don't want to miss anything...lol.

tompettyfan said:
Thanks! I'm immersed in reading so far...excellent site!

Glad you like it. Make yourself at home. And welcome to WS.

This is only a test to check if I can reply. I kept trying to sign in and it would welcome me then I couldn't reply...test only. have a nice evening!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back