1131 users online (295 members and 836 guests)  

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    And is a right in any other advanced country in the world.
    I'm sorry but that is simply not true.
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    “Grand Jury indicts Zarate for being a felon in possession of a fire arm and ammunition and for being an illegal alien in possession of a firearm and ammunition “
    https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndca/pr/jose-inez-garcia-zarate-face-federal-firearm-charges-northern-district-california
    These are more appropriate charges and frankly is what the San Francisco DA should have been aiming towards in the first place. I do think they could have obtained a conviction for a lesser crime of homicide if that had been the theory of the case, but when the prosecutor argues 1st degree murder, I don't blame the jury for finding not guilty on the lesser included homicide crimes as well.

everyone knows what a gun is and what its used for hes a felon///// ive never known a felon not to understand that it can kill you! so how about not picking it up, he should of gotten manslaughter!

Yep, pretty sure everyone regardless of political affiliation thinks the jerk should've been found guilty & punished harshly. Murder is murder & a young life was lost senselessly. Whether the killer was an illegal immigrant, atheist, ISIS soldier, Baptist preacher, neo-Nazi, antifa or LGBT person is secondary. He's a killer first & foremost.

Any law that allows someone to kill without consequence is a law that needs reforming.

Murder is commonly defined by intent, something I'd expect most people around here to be aware of. Don't let bigotry dilute your sleuthing objectivity because (shocking spoiler alert) all borders are imaginary.
    Last edited by Moshimo; 12-10-2017 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshimo View Post
    Murder is commonly defined by intent, something I'd expect most people around here to be aware of. Don't let bigotry dilute your sleuthing objectivity because (shocking spoiler alert) all borders are imaginary.

Involuntary manslaughter was an option and fit.

those ppl wont be on a jury.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    All facets of my community are NOT my peers. I live in a bad neighborhood. I have nothing in common with drug dealers, petty crooks, nor the other "assorted" odd types.

I am a 4th generation San Franciscan, To see whats happened to my city is mind boggling to say the least. This latest insult to our justice system is intolerable. This man that came into our country 8 times prior committed 8 felonies. Yet he came again, took a life, handled a weapon, ran from the law afterwards and is now a free man? He obliterated this family. He should have been given the justice the mexican federals would have administered to us had the roles been reversed. Other than this our community is SPEECHLESS.

We are all shaking our heads in disbelief
    Last edited by SFO; 12-12-2017 at 01:39 PM.

this is sort of off topic but illegal entry is not a felony. yes, if you are found to be here illegally you will be deported. but its not a felony and you wont go to prison. you will simply be detained until they deport you.

now this guy has previous actual felonies so I get the outrage. again, they shouldn't have used this case in political platforms. this poor family didn't deserve this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    this is sort of off topic but illegal entry is not a felony. yes, if you are found to be here illegally you will be deported. but its not a felony and you wont go to prison. you will simply be detained until they deport you.

now this guy has previous actual felonies so I get the outrage. again, they shouldn't have used this case in political platforms. this poor family didn't deserve this stuff.
    I agree 100%, but there are always people who will use any situation to further their agenda.

Defense attorneys seek new trial in Kate Steinle shooting case

https://www.sfgate.com/crime/article...e-12431949.php

The undocumented Mexican immigrant acquitted of murder and manslaughter in the controversial death of 32-year-old Kate Steinle is due back in San Francisco Superior Court this week for a sentencing hearing.

Judge Samuel K. Feng is scheduled to sentence 45-year-old Jose Ines Garcia Zarate on Friday for the only conviction jurors returned against the defendant for being a felon in possession of a firearm.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/undocument...steinle-trial/

God help us all, this case is sickening and this murder should have never happened, this murderer should not have been on our soil. Did I say murder? Yes, that’s exactly what I said because that’s exactly what it was. Jmo

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11