CONVICTION OVERTURNED CA - Kathryn 'Kate' Steinle, 32, fatally shot, Pier 14, San Francisco, 1 July 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Kathryn "Kate" Steinle was out for an evening stroll with her father along the San Francisco waterfront when she was killed by a man who police said she didn't know.

The shooting occurred Wednesday evening while still light at Pier 14 — one of the busiest tourist destinations in the city, a place where people gather to take in the views, joggers exercise, and families push strollers at all hours.

Liz Sullivan told the San Francisco Chronicle (http://bit.ly/1IuWbKw) the killing of her daughter was unbelievable and surreal.

"I don't think I've totally grasped it," Sullivan said.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-shot-death-busy-san-francisco-tourist-attraction-071710472.html

Thanks for this article, there hasn't been much local coverage about it. This should have never been there. And what a beautiful, young woman cut down in the prime of her life by a stranger for no reason. What a tragic waste...

Police have arrested a man on probation out of Texas who is suspected of murdering a 32-year-old woman in broad daylight near the San Francisco Ferry Building on Wednesday. San Francisco resident Kathryn Steinle was shot and killed on Pier 14, just off Embarcadero in the city’s South Beach neighborhood at about 6:30 p.m., San Francisco police spokesman Sgt. Michael Andraychak said.
Andraychak held a press conference this afternoon a few feet from the pier where Steinle was shot. Despite the homicide that occurred less than 24 hours prior, tourists and joggers once again populated the pier area today. Police have arrested a suspect, identified as Francisco Sanchez, in connection with the homicide.
Andraychak said Sanchez is 45 or 46 years old and on probation out of Texas, but he declined to say what part of Texas Sanchez is from or what brought him to San Francisco. Andraychak said that there “does not appear to be any connection between the victim and the suspect” and that the homicide “appears to be a very random act.”
He said a motive for the killing has not been determined. more at link: http://patch.com/california/livermore/parolee-arrested-murder-pleasanton-native-pier-14-sf-0

where would this guy who cannot put 3 words together to make a sentence get a federal agent's gun ? and what was the deal about the reporters getting attacked by rival reporters that drove off in a BMW ? I am not a conspiracy theorist but something sure is odd about this entire ordeal. Mr Sanchez keeps saying he was going to shoot seals and that he found the gun wrapped in a fluffy t-shirt. He did say that repeatedly and that was about the only thing he kept repeating other than he took some sort of drink that knocked him out.

Sanchez had previously told KGO-TV Sunday in a mix of Spanish and English that he found a gun wrapped inside a shirt while he was sitting on a bench at the pier and smoking a cigarette.

"So I picked it up and ... it started to fire on its own," Sanchez said, adding that he heard three shots go off.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/07/0...san-francisco-shooting-belonged-federal-agent

Imagine that - A gun that fires on it's own....like magic.

Is it ok to just go shoot sea lions??

Ummm, not that I'm aware. They are federally protected species as far as I know. Fishermen used to try to shoot them to scare them away when they took over a whole pier.
I'm also not buying that he just found the gun wrapped in a t-shirt and picked it up and it accidentally fired. Possible, not probable. This guy should have been turned over to ICE as soon as he was out of jail. This shooting could have been prevented. SF's sanctuary law wasn't designed to protect felons/ people who have been deported and numerous times!!!

Is it ok to just go shoot sea lions??

It's America, land of the guns. It's OK to do that. Shoot anything you like, as long as you are a US citizen, or a legal resident.

Guns don't kill people. Only illegal immigrants kill people. :rolleyes:

Wow, that's knee-jerk.

Really? This should have been done already. These are criminals being deported. They are here illegally. Had this felon (illegal immigrant) been picked up by ICE after his prison release this innocent woman would be alive.

I've wanted to say this when the discussion comes up on deportation in the recent DC murders of four and the fire, and now with this jerk having been deported 5 times, I will say it. America can't control its borders, they can't keep track of prisoners on parole, how in he77 are they going to keep deported people from re entering the country? That is not a problem the USA is interested in dealing with!!

As it appears, SanFran does not even comply with ICE's orders due to some outlandish rule. Once again, as in the 9-11 fiasco when the governmental departments were not working together, an illegal was let out of jail because the city followed their own rules. Isn't it CA that has the 3 strikes and your out rule? Why has this guy kept being released? Now an innocent young woman is dead, her family is devasted, and this guy had no business being on the streets! Just tragic! We need to clean up our own streets before we go into all these foreign lands with millions of dollars. JMO.

I am still curious why a federal agents gun was used...

www.cnn.com/2015/07/07/us/san-francisco-killing/index.html

I haven't seen anywhere that it was a "federal agents gun that had been stolen"...
So that part of the story will be rather interesting to figure out....

Gun used in pier killing had been stolen from federal agent

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Gun-used-in-pier-killing-had-been-stolen-from-6371602.php

The gun used to kill a 32-year-old woman on San Francisco’s waterfront was stolen from a federal agent in a car burglary in June, sources close to the investigation said Tuesday.

Hm...the fact that this guy screams politics being an immigrant on parole, etc. AND the gun is traced to a federal agent is hella suspect IMHO.

Obv this is America, but is gun violence or crime low in San Francisco in general?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back