Woman allegedly fakes cancer again

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A woman sentenced earlier this year to probation for faking cancer and collecting money from fundraisers has been arrested for allegedly deceiving her employers with a similar scheme.
Brookelyn Walters, 26, faces a preliminary charge of theft after convincing the owners of a gymnastics business that she had leukemia, police said.

Mike and Erin Booher, owners of Bloomington's Rising Star Gymnastics, said they felt so moved by her story that Walters stayed in their home for a month so they could care for her.

"Our trust just sort of kept us going with her, and our pity, too," Erin Booher said.

While she was a student at Ball State, Walters shaved her head and pretended to be deaf for three years, leading Ball State officials to provide an interpreter for her to attend classes, authorities said. A sorority and fraternity also gave Walters $1,000 raised at a benefit.

A Delaware Circuit Court judge sentenced her in March to four years probation after she pleaded guilty but mentally ill to felony charges.

Walters moved to Bloomington earlier this year and had been working at Rising Star since February, using a fake name, police said. In April, Walters told the owners that she had been diagnosed with leukemia, a form of cancer.
http://www.thenewstribune.com/24hour/weird/story/2673959p-11198699c.html

What a psycho b!tch !!! This girl needs some serious help !!

This girl really has issues, in need of some major counseling.
3_9_4v.gif
10_1_11.gif
10_1_11.gif

Looks to me like she is doing this the hard way. Wouldsn't it be easier to be responsible, not con people, work or go to school with the idea of doing something with life?

Unbelievable! She must need a lot of attention to put everybody through all this. I hope they put her away this time.

SewingDeb said:
Unbelievable! She must need a lot of attention to put everybody through all this. I hope they put her away this time.

Once again we see someone using Mental Illness as an excuse for bad/illegal behavior!
I'm sorry but I'm NOT buying it!

I am mentally Ill and prior to finding the right meds. have messed up my own life but never.. EVER dreamed of doing the things these women do!

What bothers me about using the "mental Illness" card is that it then looks bad for people like me with TRUE mental illness.. those of us that accept responsability for our own actions!!

Whenever I read stories such as these I always feel I should apologize to the "people like you" from "the people like me". and explain that *MOST* of us that are mentally ill would never play the "mental illness card".
With all the stories we read about the mentally ill, it really is a minority that plays the "mental illness card".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cynde64
Back