GUILTY CA - Carrie Melvin, 30, ambushed & killed, Hollywood, 5 July 2015

KEVINinTO

Former Member
Reaction score
In what appears to be a random act of violence - a 30 year old woman was shot dead in Hollywood last night when she was out for a walk with her boyfriend. An assailant approached the couple from behind and shot the woman in the head. She was pronounced on the scene of the shooting.

The Daily Mail has a report:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-head-shotgun-walked-boyfriend-Hollywood.html

Carrie Jean Melvin, 30, was killed on Sunday night when a gunman crept up behind her and shot her in the head as she was strolling with her boyfriend

Police are still looking for the black male suspect in his mid 20s who fled the scene in a sedan

Homicide Detective John Skaggs said that a motive is still unknown though they say the shooter targeted Melvin and no one else

A picture of the victim (from Facebook)

2A4A54A000000578-3151693-image-a-7_1436233659988.jpg

In what appears to be a random act of violence - a 30 year old woman was shot dead in Hollywood last night when she was out for a walk with her boyfriend. An assailant approached the couple from behind and shot the woman in the head. She was pronounced on the scene of the shooting.

The Daily Mail has a report:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-head-shotgun-walked-boyfriend-Hollywood.html

A picture of the victim (from Facebook)

2A4A54A000000578-3151693-image-a-7_1436233659988.jpg

Very odd, reminded of the publicist Ronni C, who was shot by an apparent stranger whilst driving home.

"'On one hand, she didn’t have any known enemies. On the other hand, it looks like it was directed toward her. … We’re looking at all angles.'

Police Commander Andrew Smith told the Los Angeles Times that investigators were not aware of any similar shootings, leading them to believe it was 'an isolated incident.'"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...walked-boyfriend-Hollywood.html#ixzz3fEob77i5
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-fatal-shooting-in-hollywood-20150706-story.html

"Skaggs said investigators believe the shooting was an isolated incident because the circumstances didn’t match any recent crimes. But he acknowledged it was “alarming because of the nature of the violence.”

The initial information indicated the gunman acted alone, Skaggs said. He was described as a black man in his mid-20s, about 6 feet tall, wearing dark clothes, including a dark hooded jacket.

Skaggs advised the public to be cautious and report anything suspicious to police. He urged anyone with information about Sunday’s shooting to call detectives at (213) 382-9470 or call the LAPD’s tip line at (877) 527-3247. "

This is such a strange crime. The assailant aimed at Carrie, fired once, and then fled in a vehicle. He did this while she was with her boyfriend, no less (meaning she wasn't an "easy" target). While LE is calling it a random attack for now, I don't see how this can't be personal. Murder for hire?

Gosh, I've been watching way too many crime shows so I'm going to suspect the boyfriend may have hired a killer. I hope I'm wrong but why just kill her and not him, too????

unless this killer had some serious mental health issues going on - a lone crazed gunman off his meds - this, I agree, has got to be personal and not at all random.

That said, I have lived in Silver Lake, which borders Hollywood, and there are a lot of not so sane folks in that huge metro area. But do they drive cars and do crap like this? Unless it benefits them, probably not.

I don't think the boyfriend had anything to do with it. What would his motive be? He could just break up with her. I doubt if he benefits financially from her death (if he does, then he would top my suspect list).

I think her murder could be a gang initiation, or murder/murder-for-hire by someone who held a work-related grudge against her, or murder for hire by the boyfriend's ex (only throwing this last one out as a general possibility - I know nothing about the boyfriend's exes).

“Her life was just coming together and she had so much to offer and people that knew her felt she was really on her way,” says Melvin. “She just loved everybody and saw good in everyone and, truly, everybody that knew her just, just loved her. She was a very unique young woman.”

“They don't know at this point why it happened but, you know, she appears to have been targeted and we're just hopeful that they can catch he person that did this,” says Bernard Melvin.

http://www.ksby.com/story/29496606/morro-bay-woman-murdered-in-mysterious-hollywood-shooting

RIP Carrie Jean. I hope they catch the monster that did this.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ollywood-star-cops-no-leads-article-1.2286451

"Family mourns gunned down aspiring Hollywood star; police have no new leads: She ‘was the happiest she has ever been’"

" The aspiring Hollywood star who was shot dead while on a walk with her boyfriend this week was "the happiest she had ever been" when a gunman ripped her from loved ones, her grieving family said Wednesday.

Carrie Jean Melvin, 30, was living out her dreams and madly in love when her life was cut short Sunday by a killer who snuck up behind her and fatally shot her in the back of the head before fleeing, her father and authorities said."

I've been followings this case and glad the FBI has come on board. It sure seems totally random, like Kate Steinle's murder in SFO.

it is always interesting when there are such vastly different takes from the same information. I have also been following and do not think it seems random at all. Great that the FBI has gotten involved no matter what.

I do hope the killer can be identified and found. I have no idea if it was random or not but will follow here because you guys will be on top of it. Thanks for all the information you have provided so far. My heart goes out to the families of Carrie Jean and Kate and on, and on, and on............

yeah, I don't want to be right, I just want to know that an investigation is done, and I am sure we all want justice for this injustice. I read somewhere that this was a shotgun, but can not put my finger on that article right now. Carrie Jean Melvin, we won't forget about you. It seems like she was an amazing person.

Probably not related, unless shooting strangers for no apparent reason has become a trend..

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...8?ref=Outbrain&ADLocation=footer ADPosition=2

" A 24-year-old man was hospitalized early Thursday after he was shot in the head as he sat in a booth at an Upper West Side diner, officials said.

The unidentified gunman walked into the City Diner on Broadway near W. 90th St. at 3:45 a.m. and ordered food to go, cops at the scene said. He then spoke briefly with his victim, who was sitting at a booth with a woman before leaving."

snip>

"A few moments later, he returned, paid for his food, then whipped out a gun and blasted his victim from behind at point-blank range, officials and witnesses said".

Opened Pandora's box, here is another random shooting of an attractive young woman in S.F, on July 5 /15. The alleged shooter was arrested, ( he was to be deported ) - no known motive for the murder.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...er-random-targeted-shooting-article-1.2280284

"Kate Steinle, 32, was walking with her dad on Pier 14 on the Embarcadero when she was shot in the chest and fell to the ground at about 6:30 p.m., police said. She later died at a hospital."

Somehow suspect that the perp was humiliated, or felt like he was humiliated by the victim, in some possibly inconsequential way.
Was he hanging around Sunset Blvd. perhaps in an outfit Carrie thought was amusing?
Did he want to humiliate C, by " making her " ugly " in a public place and in front of her b.f?
Jealous of her success, so he cut her down to size?
imo, speculation.

An arrest was made this evening in the shocking shotgun slaying of Carrie Jean Melvin

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...tgun-slaying-in-hollywood-20150724-story.html

Ezeoma Obioha, 31, was arrested at 7:15 p.m. on suspicion of murder in the death of Carrie Jean Melvin, said Lt. John Radke of the Los Angeles Police Department. Obioha remains in custody and is being held on $1 million bail.

cComments
Got something to say? Start the conversation and be the first to comment.
ADD A COMMENT

"We have been working hard around the clock on this and we didn't want to draw attention to the leads we developed," Radke said. "This was a terrible crime and it is one of those scenes you'll never forget."

Investigators believe that the motive was “financial” and that Obioha was lying in wait for Melvin when she was shot on the night of July 5. He said search warrants were served at Obioha’s home on Friday.

Picture of the suspect (KFIA AM 640)

CKu7OR8UwAAvTYE.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni