CANADA Canada - Patricia Salamandyk, 16, Spruce Grove, Edmonton AB, June 1972

Patricia-Janice-Salamandyk-270x166.jpg

http://www.albertapolicereport.ca/2...persons-case-1972-patricia-janice-salamandyk/

"A RCMP Composite Artist created an age progressed drawing of what Patricia Janice Salamandyk would be expected to look like today. Two pictures are provided, one depicting Patricia Salamandyk at the age 15 in 1971 and the other, an age progressed drawing of Patricia Salamandyk and what she could look like today.

Stony Plain / Spruce Grove RCMP ask anyone with any information pertaining to Patricia Salamandyk’s disappearance to contact the Stony Plain RCMP at (780) 968-7267 or if you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or online at Crimestoppers.ca."

Patricia Salamandyk: Can sketch help solve 43-year-old cold case?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/patricia-salamandyk-can-sketch-help-solve-43-year-old-cold-case-1.3149569

Despite a lack of information over the years, Insp. Gibson Glavin says the RCMP is now taking the rare step of re-opening the cold case.

"It's a long time but there's no reason someone should give up hope," he said. "There's more to know."

Now, investigators are re-interviewing witnesses, collecting DNA and have released a sketch of what Salamandyk, who would now be 60, could look like today.

What are her vitals???

Have been looking for them, but just cannot seem to find her height and weight just now.
This is a pic of Patricia's sister, it may help with id.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/patricia-salamandyk-sketch-help-solve-162619653.html
rbbm.
"Six years after her sister's disappearance, Gross again went to investigators, only to find more dead ends.

"She hadn't worked, married, left the country or died legally. There was no trace of her. She had a social insurance number, but it was never used."

Despite a lack of information over the years, Insp. Gibson Glavin says the RCMP is now taking the rare step of re-opening the cold case.

"It's a long time but there's no reason someone should give up hope," he said. "There's more to know."

Now, investigators are re-interviewing witnesses, collecting DNA and have released a sketch of what Salamandyk, who would now be 60, could look like today.

"We'd like to find Patricia alive and reunite her with her family," Glavin said. "That would be our ultimate hope."506450802f615de6a84454a77aa6f5ed.jpg

Patricia is not yet listed on the RCMP Missing Persons site. For future reference:
https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/search-recherche.jsf

Still not listed. Someone mentioned her in Buckskin Girl's thread again. Hopefully they do have DNA collected from her family. I wish it said more like who she was cutting school with and what they were doing. Something obviously happened that day, whether she was picked up by the wrong person, fight with BF or even a friend that went bad, a drug over dose (if it applies); could be many things. I doubt she is BG; but the only way to know would be to get a rule out. She would not appear on BG's ruled out list at NamUs if ruled out.

Patricia Salamandyk: Can sketch help solve 43-year-old cold case?

"We'd like to find Patricia alive and reunite her with her family," Glavin said. "That would be our ultimate hope."

Realistically? "We aren't hopeful with re-uniting — that would be a miracle — but closure."

Just curious, as I'm someone who believes that Patricia may be a good match for BG, and have mentioned her on that thread along with a few others-would NamUs list her as a rule out even though she's from Canada?

Namus will not list ruled out Canadians in the list of official ruleouts for American UIDs.

I wonder how many times the RCMP has been advised of this case. :scared:

Just curious, others have suggested Patricia as a possible match for BG, but has anyone actually called the RCMP and asked the source if they've ruled her out? It would be nice if we could put it rest once and for all.
FWIW, when I look at the picture of the sister and then the pm photo of BG, I see a resemblance.

Just curious, others have suggested Patricia as a possible match for BG, but has anyone actually called the RCMP and asked the source if they've ruled her out? It would be nice if we could put it rest once and for all.
FWIW, when I look at the picture of the sister and then the pm photo of BG, I see a resemblance.

From what I've read of Patricia's case, I think she met with foul play the last she was seen. I think her friends know more then they have said. Patricia went missing at 16 in 1972, 9 years before BG was found. I personally doubt someone had her for 9 years.

For those that want the rule out; submit her to NamUs or RCMP

So, what was there for a teenager to do in Edmonton, AB, Canada on a June day back in 1972? Anyone familiar with the area?
I was a small child then, but in 1982, I would go to the mall, hangout at the arcade and maybe catch a movie, but I think Edmonton was more urban than the little town I grew up in and had more interesting things to do. When we took a class trip in 9th grade, to Quebec City in 1980 ,they served us alcohol, so I'm thinking bar hopping wasn't out of the question in 1972.

I am just outside of spruce grove, however I'm only 28, so not much help. Spruce grove is about a 25 minute drive west of Edmonton. I just looked up the census history. In 2015 the population of Spruce Grove was 32,036. Back in 1972 it was 3,320. The spruce grove Saints hockey team was already up and running. Although back then they were the Edmonton Movers/Mets so there would have been that!

Wow. What a population explosion between then and now. Thank you for that turtlefur. Cool name, btw.

Jethro Tull had a concert on 06/08/72 in Edmonton
I wonder if she became a roadie or band groupie and took off with them?

Jethro Tull had a concert on 06/08/72 in Edmonton
I wonder if she became a roadie or band groupie and took off with them?

Funny you should say that as i was thinking similarly- although the JT band might have been too far out of a local person's reach, imo.
Young people in small towns desperate to leave, but without the means or savvy to do so, can see traveling entertainers and their crew as a ticket out.
Up and coming bands are more approachable and may initially like and appreciate the new fan, but get fed up and ditch them when they inevitably become needy and annoying.
Sometimes wonder what happens to them, the girls in particular are vulnerable, especially if they try to hitch hike back home, or try to follow the band, to the next big city.
speculation, imo.

Patricia apparently wanted to go the the States, maybe she met up with someone who was heading, or said they were heading there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back