Recent Picture of Patsy & Burke!

Burke hasn't changed much...except he is much taller! JonBenet, who looked like her brother, would have been a tall lean beautiful teen.

Patsy looks like she is on steroids...the lump on her lymph gland looks terrible. She must be in really bad health.

How sad this case has been. Burke is a nice looking young man. Poor Patsy looks awful. I can only imagine what a toll on this it has took on her mental and physical health.

Patsy just looks fat to me. Steroids give you a "moon face". Not a roll under the chin like she has. Burkes a cutie. Too bad he has to worry about his mom at this exciting new time of his life. I feel for him.

trixie said:
Patsy just looks fat to me. Steroids give you a "moon face". Not a roll under the chin like she has. Burkes a cutie. Too bad he has to worry about his mom at this exciting new time of his life. I feel for him.
my mother had rolls under her chin during treatments...??? :confused:

trixie said:

I recognize that look of Patsy's face well. It looks just like my own mother's did in her final months of battling ovarian cancer.
Give Patsy a break. The woman is dying of a horrible disease the doctors call the "black death."

K777angel said:
I recognize that look of Patsy's face well. It looks just like my own mother's did in her final months of battling ovarian cancer.
Give Patsy a break. The woman is dying of a horrible disease the doctors call the "black death."
That would be the plague, not cancer.

Patsy's been "dying" of "stage four ovarian cancer" for 12 years now...

When my father died of cancer he wasn't much more than a living skeleton...he certainly wasn't fat like Patsy is in that photo.

A double chin is a sign of obesity...

Seeker said:

When my father died of cancer he wasn't much more than a living skeleton...he certainly wasn't fat like Patsy is in that photo.

If you look at her arms they are not fat at all. Her face is swollen and pushing down on her neck. IMO It is from the medication.
She hasn't had cancer for 12 yrs. She has went into remission in between.

To quote our beloved Maxi from Purgatory:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/purgatoryII/messages

April 30

That's how it goes when you have metastatic cancer like Patsy. You get chemo, which may stop the growth for a while, then it starts up again, and you go back on chemo. You just keep repeating that cycle until none of the chemos works anymore. She probably had scans that showed some growth.

May 17

Oh, goodness, she's not defying death over and over. She's just had successful chemo that drove back her cancer and bought her some more time. She's talked of being cured, but that's either a self-dramatization or self-delusion. She may win battles along the way, but she will lose the war.

I see no reason to doubt that Patsy had ovarian cancer. There are lots of other women whose disease has followed a similar pattern. Check out some online support groups for women with ovarian cancer if you have any doubts.

Becba said:
If you look at her arms they are not fat at all. Her face is swollen and pushing down on her neck. IMO It is from the medication.
She hasn't had cancer for 12 yrs. She has went into remission in between.
Thank you tipper for bringing Maxi's words to us. It confirms exactly what I said.

Going into remission doesn't mean the cancer is gone, or that someone is cured! It simply means the cells are shrinking and going into a dormant stage...

Patsy has had cancer for 12 years. It never actually went away. She was never actually cured of cancer therefor she's had it for 12 years and been battleing reoccurances.

If you look at John's face it's fat too (course he is really old now). Medication does not cause someone to have a double chin. In that particular photo her chin and neck look fat. Her head is not bent enough to cause any type of double chin or fat neck look. When my friend had a thyroid condition her neck, butt and stomache were fat while her arms and legs were thin. Patsy has supposedly been in bed unable to function because the cancer had spread to her brain (remember that lie?). If that were even remotely true she could have gained weight from not being able to walk, or excersize at all...
But we can all see that it isn't true (thankfully) and she's completely mobile.

Patsy definately is unwell, but she isn't at death's door! If she were she wouldn't be as mobile as she is IMO. She would be in a wheelchair because she would lack the strength to stand and walk on her own accord.

This is the only ones that counts for me.

Seeker said:
Thank you tipper for bringing Maxi's words to us. It confirms exactly what I said.

Going into remission doesn't mean the cancer is gone, or that someone is cured! It simply means the cells are shrinking and going into a dormant stage...

Patsy has had cancer for 12 years. It never actually went away. She was never actually cured of cancer therefor she's had it for 12 years and been battleing reoccurances.

If you look at John's face it's fat too (course he is really old now). Medication does not cause someone to have a double chin. In that particular photo her chin and neck look fat. Her head is not bent enough to cause any type of double chin or fat neck look. When my friend had a thyroid condition her neck, butt and stomache were fat while her arms and legs were thin. Patsy has supposedly been in bed unable to function because the cancer had spread to her brain (remember that lie?). If that were even remotely true she could have gained weight from not being able to walk, or excersize at all...
But we can all see that it isn't true (thankfully) and she's completely mobile.

Patsy definately is unwell, but she isn't at death's door! If she were she wouldn't be as mobile as she is IMO. She would be in a wheelchair because she would lack the strength to stand and walk on her own accord.
Maybe Tricia could check with her source for an update?

Tricia said:
Becba, I am as certain about this information as I am that Patsy has cancer.

I confirmed it with a very reliable source in Michigan after Susan Bennet, the Ramsey nutcase, posted on her site that Patsy needed a miracle.

The definition of "close" is where we run into the grey area.

Does close mean tomorrow or by the end of the year? I don't know. I would venture to guess that close means within 30 days but that is a guess.

I don't know if Patsy is in Michigan or in Atlanta. I do know the time is close.
Added: When my mother was dying of cancer she was able to muster her strength to do some things but she had to rest up ahead and was frequently bedridden the next day. A few days before she died she spent nearly all her time sleeping and towards the end was semi-comatose. But up to that point she (with planning and a recovery period) was able to do things.

Seeker said:

Excuse me but the doctors also described ovarian cancer to us as the "black death." Just because the plague is described as such also does NOT mean that other horrible deaths cannot be termed similarly.

Patsy has NOT been "dying" of stage 4 ovarian cancer for 12 years. That is a gross distortion. She has rejoiced in her remissions. As did my mother.
My mother was stage 4 when DIAGNOSED. The doctors told her she was
"dying." She lived on for 6 and a half years.
My mother basically starved to death as the ovarian cancer, as it does, ravaged and destroyed her intestintal system. Yet - she was bloated and puffy just like Patsy looks.
At least get your facts right.

K777angel said:
Excuse me but the doctors also described ovarian cancer to us as the "black death." Just because the plague is described as such also does NOT mean that other horrible deaths cannot be termed similarly.

Patsy has NOT been "dying" of stage 4 ovarian cancer for 12 years. That is a gross distortion. She has rejoiced in her remissions. As did my mother.
My mother was stage 4 when DIAGNOSED. The doctors told her she was
"dying." She lived on for 6 and a half years.
My mother basically starved to death as the ovarian cancer, as it does, ravaged and destroyed her intestintal system. Yet - she was bloated and puffy just like Patsy looks.
At least get your facts right.
Sorry to hear about your mother.

I've never heard any doctor, esp an Oncologist, call cancer "the black death". That would be a complete misrepresentation of a clinical diagnosis and an immediate cause for reprisal by the AMA.
Plague causes fever and a painful swelling of the lymph glands called buboes, which is how it gets its name (Bubonic). The disease also causes spots on the skin that are red at first and then turn black. Thus the term "The Black Death".

No competant doctor calls cancer the black death. Ever.

Yes, and my facts are straight, Patsy has been dying of Stage IV Cancer for 12 years...
She was diagnosed with it, as Stage IV, in 1993. It NEVER went away, it was always there lurking and showing up sporadically in other areas. The spot on her liver is just one of the reoccurances. Remission does not mean it's cured and never coming back. Rejoicing when being told they are in remission is normal for patients, but most survivors know that it can change at any time. A competant oncologist will warn patients that not only can it come back, but that it can be stronger and show up in other locals and that it can be even harder to treat.

Patsy was considered "terminal" just as your mother was the moment they were each diagnosed with Stage IV Ovarian Cancer.
How long it takes/took the disease to kill doesn't matter. The ENTIRE time they were considered to be "dying" of the disease and/or complications from it. Saying stage IV cancer patients are not terminal and dying is like saying AIDS patients aren't.
They are dying, even if they don't feel the effects or aren't having an outbreak.

My father was diagnosed with inoperable cancer and told he would have approx 6 months. He survived another 6 + years...when he died he was emaciated. He was not "puffy" from any meds or from the cancer that ravaged his body. It may be diffferent for women, but I know Gilda Radner wasn't "puffy" or "swollen" when she passed either. She also was emaciated. Skin drawn basically over skeleton is how I would describe it.

We are all terminal.

As for Patsy, her face does look puffy in that photo, but that wouldn't account for her DOUBLE CHIN. There is a distinct difference in swelling and how it looks from what I see on that photo. Patsy's neck does not look swollen or puffy to me, it looks fat. It may be that the photo was changed to make it look worse than it is too...it is on a tabloid which is designed soley to make money.

It's probably highly individual. My mother wasn't emaciated when she died but all my life she was battling an extra 20+ pounds. I've never seen a picture where Patsy wasn't at least slightly overweight. Except of course the Miss America ones. She and her sisters seem genetically prone to being fat.

Seeker said:
My father was diagnosed with inoperable cancer and told he would have approx 6 months. He survived another 6 + years...when he died he was emaciated. He was not "puffy" from any meds or from the cancer that ravaged his body. It may be diffferent for women, but I know Gilda Radner wasn't "puffy" or "swollen" when she passed either. She also was emaciated. Skin drawn basically over skeleton is how I would describe it.

We are all terminal.

As for Patsy, her face does look puffy in that photo, but that wouldn't account for her DOUBLE CHIN. There is a distinct difference in swelling and how it looks from what I see on that photo. Patsy's neck does not look swollen or puffy to me, it looks fat. It may be that the photo was changed to make it look worse than it is too...it is on a tabloid which is designed soley to make money.

John Cardinal O'Connor was diagnosed with brain cancer in 1999, died a year later in 2000, served mass during his treatments, was not an especially fat man, and as you can see, he definitely developed fat rolls under his chin as a result of treatments and not because of a sudden gorging on good food during his cancer.

Before diagnosis, the Cardinal that New Yorkers knew:

oconnor.jpg

After diagnosis, during his year of treatment before he died:

JohnCardinalOConnor3.jpg

my Dad went through years of cancer... and treatments and steroids made him look like this. It doesn't just give you a moon face, it affects the whole body.

tipper said:
To quote our beloved Maxi from Purgatory:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/purgatoryII/messages

April 30

That's how it goes when you have metastatic cancer like Patsy. You get chemo, which may stop the growth for a while, then it starts up again, and you go back on chemo. You just keep repeating that cycle until none of the chemos works anymore. She probably had scans that showed some growth.

May 17

Oh, goodness, she's not defying death over and over. She's just had successful chemo that drove back her cancer and bought her some more time. She's talked of being cured, but that's either a self-dramatization or self-delusion. She may win battles along the way, but she will lose the war.

I see no reason to doubt that Patsy had ovarian cancer. There are lots of other women whose disease has followed a similar pattern. Check out some online support groups for women with ovarian cancer if you have any doubts.

I am with ya. My Dad was diagnosed with non hodgkins lymphoma in my sophmore year of high school. The treatments stopped its growth eventually, but it left him looking just like Patsy does in this photo. He was cured through an experimental stem cell transplant after a seven year battle. Then 7 years later it came back and took him out in two months time.

Seeker said:
Sorry to hear about your mother.

I've never heard any doctor, esp an Oncologist, call cancer "the black death". That would be a complete misrepresentation of a clinical diagnosis and an immediate cause for reprisal by the AMA.
Plague causes fever and a painful swelling of the lymph glands called buboes, which is how it gets its name (Bubonic). The disease also causes spots on the skin that are red at first and then turn black. Thus the term "The Black Death".

No competant doctor calls cancer the black death. Ever.

Yes, and my facts are straight, Patsy has been dying of Stage IV Cancer for 12 years...
She was diagnosed with it, as Stage IV, in 1993. It NEVER went away, it was always there lurking and showing up sporadically in other areas. The spot on her liver is just one of the reoccurances. Remission does not mean it's cured and never coming back. Rejoicing when being told they are in remission is normal for patients, but most survivors know that it can change at any time. A competant oncologist will warn patients that not only can it come back, but that it can be stronger and show up in other locals and that it can be even harder to treat.

Patsy was considered "terminal" just as your mother was the moment they were each diagnosed with Stage IV Ovarian Cancer.
How long it takes/took the disease to kill doesn't matter. The ENTIRE time they were considered to be "dying" of the disease and/or complications from it. Saying stage IV cancer patients are not terminal and dying is like saying AIDS patients aren't.
They are dying, even if they don't feel the effects or aren't having an outbreak.

We are all terminal.

I cannot even begin to grasp what you are thinking. I am the child of a cancer victim. Cancer has taken my Dad (lymphoma and later stomache cancer took his life), my best friend (leukemia), my little cousin (leukemia), my older cousin (ovarian cancer)... and I know many people who have it because I volunteer at a oncology hospital in Oklahoma City. This is what the look like. Some of them get real thin, like those dying of stomache cancer. However those dying of lymphoma, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer, and many others look just like this.
And where do you get off saying that no competent doctor calls cancer the black death. Perhaps you haven't conversed with top notch oncologists all over the country as I have, and others have. You have no rights to undermine the intelligence and dilligence of these physicians. Do you have any idea what these physicians go through every day of their lives for these people? So are you calling them liars and frauds, or us for quoting them?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INSYSIV
Back