LA - Herbert Glass, 58 & Lynette Williams, 42, murdered, Lake Pontchartrain, July 2010 *arrest 2021*

JusticeWillBeServed

Reaction score
In July of 2010, newlyweds Herbert Glass and Lynette Williams were abducted from their Kenner home. Their bodies were found floating down Lake Pontchartrain, they had both been shot. Five years later, their murders remain unsolved and no persons of interests have ever been named.

5 years later, no arrests in murder of Kenner couple found floating in Lake Pontchartrain

The bodies were found July 9, 2010. Relatives had hoped investigators with the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office would make a quick arrest in the 2010 murders, but justice has been elusive.

"In the first year and a half, they kept coming to us, keeping us on top of everything," Berry said. "After not hearing from them in a year or so, it got tough. I expected it to be solved, I really did."

Glass's brother, Charlie, 63, said the murders consumed his every thought. "Early on, I was obsessed with it. But his pastor and mine said I needed let it go and let the police handle it," he said.

St. Tammany Sheriff's Office detectives have a person of interest in the case, but aren't prepared to call anyone a suspect, according to Capt. George Bonnett, spokesman for the department. "It is an active and open investigation. Our detectives are working leads as they develop," he said.

Kenner couple found in Lake Pontchartrain had just inherited some money - July 15, 2010

A newlywed Kenner couple whose bodies were found in Lake Pontchartrain Friday after an execution-style shooting had recently come into an inheritance, a bit of news they had not been shy about spreading, authorities said Wednesday.

Investigators also discovered that the Toyota Camry owned by the victims, Herbert Glass and Lynette Williams, was found ablaze at an Interstate 59 exit near Pearl River a day before their bodies were recovered from the lake, though so far there is no indication that the slaying took place at that site.

The revelations shed a small glimmer of light on a puzzling case. Investigators are still uncertain about where the couple was killed, what the couple had been doing in the time leading up to the slayings or whether the money was indeed the motive for their murder.

Kenner couple's empty car was found burning before bodies found in lake - July 14, 2010

Clear the Books: Unsolved homicides in St. Tammany Parish - February 11, 2013

lynette-williams-herbert-glassjpg-64034adf56a7e9c6_large.jpg

April 24 2021 rbbm.
Arrest made in 2010 cold case after ‘Unsolved Mysteries’ tip
''A tip from “Unsolved Mysteries” has helped to close the 2010 cold case of two Louisiana murders.

An arrest has finally been made in the deaths of Hermania Ellsworth and Charles Davis, the Kenner Police Department said Friday on its Facebook page.''

''The bodies of Herbert Glass and his wife Lynette Williams were found less than a month later in Lake Pontchartrain, about 28 miles north of Kenner. They had been bound by duct tape and shot.

The day before the couple’s bodies were found and recovered, their burned car was located at an Interstate 59 exit, near Pearl River — about 42 miles northeast of the lake.''

Kenner Police and St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office believed the cases were related given the time frame and the fact that Glass and Williams lived close to where Ellsworth and Davis had been killed.''

Call from ‘Unsolved Mysteries’ TV show leads to arrest in 11-year-old Kenner couple’s killing | KLFY
f24d32ca-78e4-4981-8eb3-f7776334c96e_1140x641.jpg

Lynette Williams (left) and Herbert Glass (right) (Kenner Police)

c75fb916-8034-41ab-bf78-66294f54c244_750x422.jpg

Dernell Nelson

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member