AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetcaro

Reaction score
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...in-murray-mallee/story-fni6uo1m-1227443132484

Bones found at Wynarka in Murray Mallee

THE ADVERTISER JULY 15, 2015 4:41PM

POLICE have confirmed bones found in the Murray Mallee are those of a child.

The bones were found by a member of the public off the Karoonda Highway at Wynarka late this morning.

Major Crime detectives have been dispatched to the site.

A forensic examination of the scene is underway.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-15/child-bones-found-in-south-australian-murray-mallee/6622778

Child's bones found near highway in SA's Murray Mallee

The skeletal remains of a child have been found near the Karoonda Highway in South Australia's Murray Mallee.

The bones were found about two kilometres west of Wynarka, which is about 130 kilometres east of Adelaide.

Police said the investigation was continuing and more information would be provided "as soon as possible".

Poor child. I hope the identity is easily proven. Heartbreaking. :(

Bones of 'murdered' child found near highway in SA's Murray Mallee

The skeletal remains of a child who "has clearly been murdered" have been found by a passing motorist near the Karoonda Highway in South Australia's Murray Mallee, police say.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-15/child-bones-found-in-south-australian-murray-mallee/6622778

I've seen this all over facebook. Whoever the poor child is it's awful. Sounds like it's recent enough that the police have asked public of anything suspicious so presumably it's not a very old case. Yes old enough that its skeletal remains. [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much information released but I found it immediately odd in one way.

There's a verge next to a highway, and some bushes. I think the highway is next to the rail line (not sure if it's in service or an old one) and somebody has left a body noticeable enough to attract a driver in a 100km? Zone. Not buried, not placed in the suitcase, not out in the bush - next to a highway and visible enough for a driver to investigate.

There feels like an element of panic here. Unless the body was originally hidden in the suitcase and something has disturbed it.

I'm currently in google street view about to "walk" along the Karoonda Hwy, 2km west of Wynarka, which is where the poor little child was found today according to this article:
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/07/15/18/19/sa-police-investigate-after-remains-of-child-found
You can see into the bushes on both sides of the road fairly well but I doubt very much I'll see anything as the streetview is from 2010, but I'm curious to have a look anyway. The person who found this child saw something behind a bush while driving apparently which made them stop and go have a look what it was. There was also a suitcase and scattered clothing:
Detective Superintendent Des Bray said the motorist had been driving along the highway when their attention was "drawn to something on the side of the road".

"They stopped, had a look behind some bushes, and found what we now know to be the skeleton of a young child," he said.

A suitcase and scattered clothes were also found nearby.

Yes it's odd that the remains were noticed from the highway. Perhaps they were disturbed by animals enough that the member of the public knew something wasn't right.

I'm not familiar with that stretch of highway, does anyone know how busy it is? If it is, the remains may have been dumped very recently.

Bones of 'murdered' child found near highway in SA's Murray Mallee

The skeletal remains of a child who "has clearly been murdered" have been found by a passing motorist near the Karoonda Highway in South Australia's Murray Mallee, police say.

I keep coming back to this thread every few minutes, hoping for an update. I know it will be days...weeks...but I help can't it.

This is a snapshot of the general terrain of Karoonda Hwy, west of Wynarka. Note the train tracks and side roads.
There are plenty of grassy flat area where travellers may stop and stretch their legs or sometimes it can be a bored passenger who will notice far more.
Many people can 'pick up' on something amiss, call it gut feeling or just ESP.

I await the DNA.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 107
Yes it's odd that the remains were noticed from the highway. Perhaps they were disturbed by animals enough that the member of the public knew something wasn't right.

I'm not familiar with that stretch of highway, does anyone know how busy it is? If it is, the remains may have been dumped very recently.
OMG I want to cry! Who kills a little child!!!!!!!!! Just sick!

Why weren't they noticed before? Being disturbed by animals is the only logical explanation IMO. Unless they were in a suitcase which was thrown from a vehicle and it opened.

When were they placed there? How long have they been deceased?/Are there any missing children in the area? And what got the drivers attention, bright clothing? Not red and blue I hope... Too many questions......

:( That poor child

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

There is a poor little girl here in the States that was found about 3 weeks ago on a beach. She was apparently placed there in plain sight, not in the water. No one knows who she is. All of this time has gone by and nothing! I hope that isn't the case here. Hopefully in this case this child can be identified :( Hope it's not William......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 135
OMG I want to cry! Who kills a little child!!!!!!!!! Just sick!

Why weren't they noticed before? Being disturbed by animals is the only logical explanation IMO. Unless was placed somewhere else and moved out of guilt?

How long have they been deceased?/Are there any missing children in the area?

:( That poor child

I'd say the suitcase got the passerby's attention. What disturbs me most about this is that it may have been placed recently by someone wanting it to be found.

Who could do that? What sort of human being? Leave the remains of a murdered child on the side of the road? Dumped like rubbish. And saddest of all, the cruel abandonment shown by leaving a suitcase and clothing with the remains. I can't stop 'seeing' that suitcase and clothing.

I've seen this all over facebook. Whoever the poor child is it's awful. Sounds like it's recent enough that the police have asked public of anything suspicious so presumably it's not a very old case. Yes old enough that its skeletal remains. [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skeletal remains is what gets me the most. How long has that poor child been deceased?

MURDER is the likely cause of the death of a child whose remains were found beside a South Australian highway, police say.
A MOTORIST found the bones hidden under a bush beside the Karoonda Highway, east of Adelaide, about 11am on Wednesday.
The bones have now been removed from the scene and taken to Adelaide for forensic testing.
Detective Superintendent Des Bray from the major crime investigation section says police hope to know more about how the child died by Thursday afternoon at the earliest.
<modsnip>

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...east-of-adelaide/story-e6frfku9-1227443224343

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member