DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
By Greg Botelho, CNN
Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

(CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.
Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
By NBC Washington and News4
Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.

Charging Document
Supplement to Arrest Warrant Affidavit

DC Mansion Warrant
SW Return - Woodland Drive

SW - JW's Cell Phone Data
SW Return - JW's Cell Phone Records
SW Return - AS's Cell Phone Records
SW Return - VF's Cell Phone Records
SW Return - SS's Cell Phone Records

Return After Search of Ford
Return After Search of White Chevy
Return After Search of BMW

Other Documents
Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17

ADMIN NOTE: The victims are not on trial here. Do NOT sleuth their surviving family members, nor post opinions which implicate the victims by their actions/behavior, UNLESS so indicated by LE.

Thanks.

I messaged the moderator before posting this. I have only included information confirmed via the charging documents. Unless we have LE-verified information, we are leaving it off. If you think you have proof of someone's identity, please message the moderator so s/he can decide if it is sufficient to add it to our glossary. Thanks!

Slightly updated glossary/cast of characters
View attachment 76765

Attachments

• Case Players.jpg
    Case Players.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 303
Yes that's true, something I suspect, no link.

Please refresh my sanity. Real early on did I hear about a search on a pick-up truck owned by wint? Is it my imagination or a figment of my imagination?
Probably a reference to someone named Wint being in the Amerit truck.

Yep, that's what I meant. He thought he was clever covering himself by having the girls handle cash exchanges, and if the car was a rental DW even if he had a valid license wouldn't be likely to rent. Do rental agencies check driver's driving histories? I know they check enough to verify license validity, but do they go further to protect themselves? I have no experience in this.

Just being obnoxiously repetitive: who rented the Amerit since they claim there was no shenanigans involved? :) Or did one of the guys in the truck work for them? Amerit does fleet work we know, so how did the truck come into this party?

The large room in back of the garage could be the mechanics/heart of the house with all the electrical, boiler, etc. in addition to being a mudroom or laundry room?

ETA: rofl at DW's precautions given that his DNA identified him immediately.

No, they don't check driver history. If you have a valid driver's license, they rent a car to you if you are over a certain age (I think 25) and if you have a credit card.

I guess that would solve a piece of the puzzle, as to how JW was able to gain access into the garage. In the NT article, Davies also mentioned that one could not access the garage, through the garage doors. He said that he had to go through the house (via the front door, I believe), to gain access inside the garage. That also doesn't make sense to me, unless the keypad was added, after his work was completed. Although, according to the article, they were still working on the garage, at the time of the murders. Maybe the article is inaccurate? Someone, I think Facundo, posted an older photo of the garage. I think it may be a 2009 photo. I can go back through the thread, and see if I can tell if there was a keypad, at that time.
Yes, the photo of the keypad would be awesome. It would be nice to cross at least one baffling thing off my list of bafflement.

I agree with you. I think he thought he was so clever, that he was going to get away with this crime. Can you imagine the look on his face, when he was watching the news with his gf, and saw his face pop up on the screen, along with the news that they recovered his DNA from the pizza crust?
Yep, that's what I meant. He thought he was clever covering himself by having the girls handle cash exchanges, and if the car was a rental DW even if he had a valid license wouldn't be likely to rent. Do rental agencies check driver's driving histories? I know they check enough to verify license validity, but do they go further to protect themselves? I have no experience in this.

Just being obnoxiously repetitive: who rented the Amerit since they claim there was no shenanigans involved? :) Or did one of the guys in the truck work for them? Amerit does fleet work we know, so how did the truck come into this party?

The large room in back of the garage could be the mechanics/heart of the house with all the electrical, boiler, etc. in addition to being a mudroom or laundry room?

ETA: rofl at DW's precautions given that his DNA identified him immediately.

I don't think it was ever determined how SS got home from the dojo on Wednesday night when AS called him to come home. What car would that have been and where would he have parked?

I guess that would solve a piece of the puzzle, as to how JW was able to gain access into the garage. In the NT article, Davies also mentioned that one could not access the garage, through the garage doors. He said that he had to go through the house (via the front door, I believe), to gain access inside the garage. That also doesn't make sense to me, unless the keypad was added, after his work was completed. Although, according to the article, they were still working on the garage, at the time of the murders. Maybe the article is inaccurate? Someone, I think Facundo, posted an older photo of the garage. I think it may be a 2009 photo. I can go back through the thread, and see if I can tell if there was a keypad, at that time.

I may have misinterpreted an earlier report, but I thought Davies was saying the garage could not be entered from outside manually, meaning someone couldn't just lift the doors up. Not sure if that has any bearing on the keypad, but it would make more sense than saying it was impossible to access a garage from outside. JMO

I agree with you. I think he thought he was so clever, that he was going to get away with this crime. Can you imagine the look on his face, when he was watching the news with his gf, and saw his face pop up on the screen, along with the news that they recovered his DNA from the pizza crust?

He wouldn't have been watching the news with his NY GF when he found out he was a suspect. He learned that when he was still in MD (maybe sitting on his dad's porch) and then took off for NY. I am still flabbergasted that he was just chilling, thinking LE would never suspect him...

He wouldn't have been watching the news with his NY GF when he found out he was a suspect. He learned that when he was still in MD (maybe sitting on his dad's porch) and then took off for NY. I am still flabbergasted that he was just chilling, thinking LE would never suspect him...
Hmmm... do you have a link for that? I thought he was in New York with GF when he found out.

You're correct...I don't think it has been determined. At one point, I thought he may have driven home in the white Range Rover, because of the photo that shows the white RR parked parallel in the driveway, behind the tan Range Rover and red Audi. It is blocking both of those vehicles in the driveway. The photo shows crime scene tape, around the outside of the white RR. Since seeing that pic,I have seen other photos with the cars in different positions...also, with crime tape. I guess I should go back and look for the photos, and see if they have dates, or are posted with articles that are dated. I'm not sure why LE moved the cars around in the driveway. One possible explanation might be that they towed them away from the scene, and brought them back, at a later date.
I don't think it was ever determined how SS got home from the dojo on Wednesday night when AS called him to come home. What car would that have been and where would he have parked?

I'll go back, and look it up.
I may have misinterpreted an earlier report, but I thought Davies was saying the garage could not be entered from outside manually, meaning someone couldn't just lift the doors up. Not sure if that has any bearing on the keypad, but it would make more sense than saying it was impossible to access a garage from outside. JMO

I thought it was determined by some WSers that it wasn't a keypad, but a doorbell?

I still think that JW entered through an open garage door. JW said SS requested that he call 10 minutes before arrival to the house. That was time enough for DW to go down and open the garage door in readiness. :)

mk4osu: :)

I am enjoying the thought of the look on DW's face when he heard he was wanted for this - wherever he was. :drumroll:

In my mind's voice, I hear "Well, what tha?!!" and I do like the thought of him seeing himself on the news for the first time as the main suspect, not just his name. Distinctive face in addition to his name.

:hilarious:

Yes, you are correct! He said it could not be manually opened. He said that in accessing it, required using a coded electronic remote control system. He also said it might have had a keypad, but he doesn't remember seeing one. He stated that he never entered through the garage, and never knew an access code. He said that he would enter the front door of the residence, and enter the garage from the kitchen. He stated, as well, that even the door from the kitchen to the garage was locked, and required a remote control to enter from that door to the garage.

In past threads someone attached a photo that looked like a keypad, but in my opinion it was an intercom/doorbell like i've seen at many homes. I'm going to stand by contractors statement regarding no keypad outside the garage. I feel like he'd know if he ever saw one. If you put "savvas keypad door" into the search bar on Websleuths.com on desktop you'll see all the mentions of it in past threads and photos! :)

Yes, you are correct! He said it could not be manually opened. He said that in accessing it, required using a coded electronic remote control system. He also said it might have had a keypad, but he doesn't remember seeing one. He stated that he never entered through the garage, and never knew an access code. He said that he would enter the front door of the residence, and enter the garage from the kitchen. He stated, as well, that even the door from the kitchen to the garage was locked, and required a remote control to enter from that door to the garage.

Sigh, I'm going to have to put "contractor did not remember an electronic keypad and did not have code" on my list of bizarreness surrounding this case. I'm pretty sure there is one, though. It would be so insanely inconvenient to have to have a remote in hand at all times if you wanted to get into the garage from outside. Of course, I'm a woman who also would take one look at that parking mess and conclude we needed to get rid of four of our cars.

In past threads someone attached a photo that looked like a keypad, but in my opinion it was an intercom/doorbell like i've seen at many homes. I'm going to stand by contractors statement regarding no keypad outside the garage. I feel like he'd know if he ever saw one.

Why would you have a doorbell or intercom on the garage, since those are usually used at pedestrian doors? What would be the purpose? I mean, if he's talking about how you enter the house? And even if that wasn't weird to have on a garage door, wouldn't he mention that as a means to get in instead of a keypad? I think he did some other project for them (not the garage), or a subcontractor did the garage work, or he has a terrible memory, or was misquoted, or asked the question in a strange way or that there is some other explanation.

I think there was some speculation, about both a keypad and a doorbell. I've never seen or heard of a doorbell, near a garage entrance...but, that's definitely not saying they don't exist. I have a keypad on my garage, and it looks very similar to that one. Mine is also located in pretty much the same place, as the one in the pic. I think it's possible that he used the keypad (if that is indeed a keypad, or as you say, through an open door, that was opened by either DW or SS (with DW accompanying him). For the record, I don't believe JW was in on the crime, but that's just my opinion. That makes two of us, enjoying the thought of the look on his face, Lol...bet he wiped the smug, from his mug!!!
I thought it was determined by some WSers that it wasn't a keypad, but a doorbell?

I still think that JW entered through an open garage door. JW said SS requested that he call 10 minutes before arrival to the house. That was time enough for DW to go down and open the garage door in readiness. :)

mk4osu: :)

I am enjoying the thought of the look on DW's face when he heard he was wanted for this - wherever he was. :drumroll:

In my mind's voice, I hear "Well, what tha?!!" and I do like the thought of him seeing himself on the news for the first time as the main suspect, not just his name. Distinctive face in addition to his name.

:hilarious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member