852 users online (132 members and 720 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47
    Ahh Foureyes, again! Helen Russell Phillips, who later became Helen Russell Phillips Welch is, indeed, the person I was referring to. But, of course, you know that as well as other names associated. To my knowledge, the 16 year old Helen you would like to divert to, never officially became a Welch. I assure you my research is on target, despite attempts by some to "confuse and/or hide the facts." Attorneys, depending on which side they represent, may refer to "CSI Effect" differently than LE investigators and investigative reporters. I find it very interesting that earlier, when I referred to psychiatrist who was into shock therapy treatments, you immediately identified that person by name as well; the same was true of Rosa; and I certainly can't forget your interesting comments leading to an extended Curry (Currey/Currie) connection. Interesting though, CSI stands for Crime Scene Investigation--I have never been on any of the crime scenes, except Wheaton Plaza which was not a crime scene when I was there. Internet has surely opened a new and exciting avenue to important investigative material, of which Genealogy is just one. My hope is that one day LE will get smart and use it efficiently.

With the Lloyd Lee Welch Jr. plea bargain deal, Welch has been guaranteed a life time of incarceration, and in turn Virginia was able to close two other cases. Montgomery County (Maryland) Police can "close" the Lyon case and everyone can declare victory and go home.

Unfortunately, Sheila and Katherine are still missing and all the questions raised over the years on this board and elsewhere remain unanswered.

Other cases are connected to this one and they remain unsolved. Others were involved in the abduction of these girls, and they have yet to be fully identified and brought to justice.

Richard, Virginia's cases could have been tried separately to tack on a good number of years to his current sentence in Delaware. Maryland could have tried LLW for 2 abductions in which victims have been missing over 40 years and presumed deceased. to add "icing to the cake". Interesting question: have the girls ever been declared legally dead? Such an action could certainly have made a difference in charges. Just because LLW is "in for life" does not negate the need to bring the other perpetrators to justice, IMO. They are the ones still "thumbing their nose" at the justice system. "Pinning the tail on those donkeys" would complete the cake decorations for a real party with more to follow.

Yes, I am very disappointed in the way it was handled. I can only hope that they have something more that they are actively working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
    Richard, Virginia's cases could have been tried separately to tack on a good number of years to his current sentence in Delaware. Maryland could have tried LLW for 2 abductions in which victims have been missing over 40 years and presumed deceased. to add "icing to the cake". Interesting question: have the girls ever been declared legally dead? Such an action could certainly have made a difference in charges. Just because LLW is "in for life" does not negate the need to bring the other perpetrators to justice, IMO. They are the ones still "thumbing their nose" at the justice system. "Pinning the tail on those donkeys" would complete the cake decorations for a real party with more to follow.

Yes, I am very disappointed in the way it was handled. I can only hope that they have something more that they are actively working on.

Very few deceaseced people are ever legally declared dead. Those whose names end up in court is usually because of life insurance issue.

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47