MI - Two couples robbed, stripped, sexually assaulted, Detroit, 16 July 2015

KEVINinTO

Former Member
Reaction score
Wow sick ..I hope these guys get caught quickly. .what a nightmare

Whàt a horrible crime.....I'll never understand how human beings can treat each other so badly and be so cruel.

Pack of hyenas roaming the street. DNA on the women hopefully. Jmo

ciao

Related incident July 11?

"Sgt. Cassandra Lewis said police aren’t certain if the third incident is connected, although the circumstances were the same."

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...t-police-search-groups-sex-assaults/30316945/

Also information about a backlog of rape kits being tested in Detroit:

"As police work to solve the latest sexual assaults, investigators continue to whittle away at a backlog of untested rape kits found in 2009 in a Detroit Police Department property storage facility.

Roughly 10,000 of the 11,341 kits, some dating to 1984, have been tested, with 2,227 DNA matches as of June 22, according to the Wayne County Sexual Assault Kit Task Force. A Department of Justice study found a lack of funding and other resources, and police attitudes toward victims, contributed to the backlog."

I so hope a couple that is armed will make that walk, then see how big and bad azz they are six feet under.

Detroit police seek men who robbed couples, raped the women

http://news.yahoo.com/detroit-police-seek-men-robbed-couples-raped-women-184445696.html

Police released sketches of three of the suspects, including one who they are confident took part in both attacks.

Investigators are trying to determine if the attacks are linked to a July 11 attack in the same area in which two men robbed a couple at gunpoint and raped the woman. They haven't definitively connected it with the others, Lewis told The Detroit News.

Fitzgerald said residents of the area need to be cautious.

"Use your sixth sense," he said. "If something doesn't feel right, run to a nearby store or something."

Sick, sick, sick! :(

Detroit police seek men who robbed couples, raped the women

http://news.yahoo.com/detroit-police-seek-men-robbed-couples-raped-women-184445696.html

Police released sketches of three of the suspects, including one who they are confident took part in both attacks.

Investigators are trying to determine if the attacks are linked to a July 11 attack in the same area in which two men robbed a couple at gunpoint and raped the woman. They haven't definitively connected it with the others, Lewis told The Detroit News.

"Use your sixth sense," he said. "If something doesn't feel right, run to a nearby store or something."

From the above link:

733dad5833ebab207c0f6a7067008658.jpg

adf3aebc342aac207c0f6a7067002d3a.jpg

(This is so disturbing and upsetting. Sending positive thoughts to all the victims, that they can be okay after something so terrible like this. I hope the terrible persons responsible are located and incarcerated asap.)

I grew up across the river from Detroit in Windsor and it's a shame and really hurts my heart to see what has happened to such a one time vibrant city. I still shop in Michigan roughly 6-12 times per year and have never felt unsafe, I regularly still take the tunnel bus (the international boarder currently has one bridge and one under the Detroit river Tunnel) to see shows at Jos Louis arena and the fox theatre to name a few venues. This city isn't all bad, yes it's bleak there now but I'm truly hoping it can bounce back and become what it once was. Many of us in Windsor consider Detroit to be more then a neighbor but family, even though we are Canadian all Michigan sports teams are our teams, we share a beautiful summer festival every year and share fireworks to celebrate the 4th of July and July 1st Canada Day. The Detroit skyline is my horizon and reprints home to me, it truly is beautiful from my side of the river at night.

I'm sorry for what these people have gone through but fear the predators will not be brought to justice, I hope I'm wrong. It's crazy to me what we do to each other and the animals so many have become, I do not post very often as I don't feel I truly have much to offer in any case on here but am deeply fascinated by what makes people do what they do and think that maybe if I can understand why man does the horrible things to each other then I can better protect myself, family and friends (knowledge is power) but I can't begin to imagine what would make 6 men do this.

Sorry to ramble and go a bit off topic but this is so close to home, and I felt compelled to post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad u posted Green.....it's great to have your input, especially from your vantage point.

I echo your sentiments.......human depravity at its worst. What a scary world we live in.

Any indication that the perps have foreign accents and are they targeting any particular race/ethnicity for the attacks?
If they are forcing the guys to watch the attacks, is it because they want to feel more powerful than the males, to further degrade the female victims, or because they are latent homosexuals?
Now those poor victims are going to have to be tested for aids, hope none have become pregnant either, gross. imo

Any indication that the perps have foreign accents and are they targeting any particular race/ethnicity for the attacks?
If they are forcing the guys to watch the attacks, is it because they want to feel more powerful than the males, to further degrade the female victims, or because they are latent homosexuals?
Now those poor victims are going to have to be tested for aids, hope none have become pregnant either, gross. imo

I think LE will be very careful about releasing that kind of information. But you are right. This is being done to humiliate the wife but also the husband/bf. Is it racial, cultural, or just random victims?

Oddly, an attack on a couple last year in Missouri.. includes video of attack.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...t-young-couple-missouri-bar-article-1.1929944

"Six brutes wanted after brazen assault on young couple outside Missouri bar
Meredith Cole and Alex Vessey were sent to the hospital after the disturbing attack in Springfield on Aug. 22. The assault was captured on video and shows the punks at least twice punch Cole, a mother of an infant, in the face"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LObFGwSLHY

Oddly, an attack on a couple last year in Missouri.. includes video of attack.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...t-young-couple-missouri-bar-article-1.1929944

"Six brutes wanted after brazen assault on young couple outside Missouri bar
Meredith Cole and Alex Vessey were sent to the hospital after the disturbing attack in Springfield on Aug. 22. The assault was captured on video and shows the punks at least twice punch Cole, a mother of an infant, in the face"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LObFGwSLHY

What do all these cases have in common.
A

B

C

Is there any way for people to protect themselves if they are caught up in that situation?
If someone refused to go into the alleyway after the gun is pointed at them, would they likely be shot on the spot?
If victim shot them to stop the attack, would the victim be in trouble?
Hypothetical question, if a victim became pregnant and chose to give birth, wouldn't the rapist have to pay for all that child's costs?

http://www.wwmt.com/news/features/s...les-raped-the-women-169880.shtml#.Va6HUfnSkg8
rbbm.
"Like in the first attack, they walked up to a young couple and one of them showed his handgun and ordered the couple into an alley. The suspects took the couple's clothes and raped the woman, he said.

He said they fled on foot and were seen near a blue Ford SUV.

"Use your sixth sense," he said. "If something doesn't feel right, run to a nearby store or something.
"

Is there any way for people to protect themselves if they are caught up in that situation?
If someone refused to go into the alleyway after the gun is pointed at them, would they likely be shot on the spot?
If victim shot them to stop the attack, would the victim be in trouble?
Hypothetical question, if a victim became pregnant and chose to give birth, wouldn't the rapist have to pay for all that child's costs?

http://www.wwmt.com/news/features/s...les-raped-the-women-169880.shtml#.Va6HUfnSkg8
rbbm.
"Like in the first attack, they walked up to a young couple and one of them showed his handgun and ordered the couple into an alley. The suspects took the couple's clothes and raped the woman, he said.

He said they fled on foot and were seen near a blue Ford SUV.

"Use your sixth sense," he said. "If something doesn't feel right, run to a nearby store or something.
"

Dotr, those are all good questions. Let me take a stab at them. The first question, is there anything you can do in that situation? I don't know. The best thing is to prevent being in that situation. That can be tough unless you just stay in all the time. But if you see a situation developing, maybe just run as fast as you can. That will be the last best chance to get away. Once they have surrounded you, I don't know what the answer is if they have a gun.
2.) if you refused, would they shoot you? Impossible to tell certainly. But the very nature of this crime is to humiliate and degrade the victims. If you refuse, they wont just let you go, because then they are the ones that have been humiliated. So I would bet there is a better than 50% chance that the victims would get shot if they refused to cooperate.
3.) If the victims had a gun and shot back, would they be in trouble? That depends on the gun laws of Michigan and whether carrying a firearm (presumably concealed) is allowed. They probably wouldnt be in trouble for the actual self defense, but could indeed face gun charges. Of course, the perpetrators would probably say that the victims actually started the confrontation, so it would just depend on who the police/DA believed.
4.) If the woman gets pregnant, could the rapist be liable for child costs? This is complicated. He could indeed be liable for child support IF the woman presses to have him adjudicated as the father. BUT...... if he is the father and paying support, he would be entitled to visitation, unless his parental rights are terminated. If those rights are terminated, then no child support. If the woman is married, the husband will be the presumptive father unless he refuses. Also the rapist could petition for paternity, but would essentially have to admit he had intercourse with the woman. So as you see that can all be a huge mess. Now, likely if the woman were to keep the child, she would not want the rapist listed as the father and have her husband fill that role. She could sue the rapist for damages and things like medical costs. But its extremely unlikely that the rapist has any money, so ...whats the point. A more likely option is to seek to have the criminal court order the rapist to pay some sort of restitution. But since he is likely to go to jail, that will be just a nominal amount really. She will be entitled to some funds from whatever victim's compensation funds there are, but I am willing to bet that in a location like Detroit Michigan, there likely isn't much money to give out. While she will be entitled to have damages awarded to her, sadly, the likelihood of her actually receiving much is slim. Rape, especially in a situation like this or as you have hypothetically put forth, is absolutely devastating in soooo many ways and to so many people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
0maj0
Back