UNSOLVED VA - Mount Vernon, Woodlawn Park, BlkMale, decomposed, Jul'15

Here we go on 2nd body:

Tuesday morning, someone found a body near a parking garage in the 2300 block of Dulles Station Boulevard in Herndon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was doing a quick search (on WS only) of missing persons cases around the Herndon, Virginia, area and was surprised by the number of cases listed. Also mixed in is a lot of speculation how some of these cases perhaps could be related to Jessie Lee Matthews, alleged killer of Hannah Graham. One case, a male, goes back to 1991.

I wonder how long identification will take? All those families waiting and wondering. What suffering.

were these bodies together? or will they be just two bodies found separate? we should make a second thread if they are separate.

Separate - I just made another thread for the female.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A teenaged boy only known as Sachin went missing from Alexandria in December 2013. Alexandria is only 7 1/2 miles from Mt. Vernon.

A teenaged boy only known as Sachin went missing from Alexandria in December 2013. Alexandria is only 7 1/2 miles from Mt. Vernon.

Since the body is thought to be a male, I don't think the body has been there that long. A body from 2013 would be skeletonize. The body was described as being in "advanced state of decomposition"
To bad LE didn't give some indication as to how long they thought the body had been there.

A spokesperson with the Fairfax County Police Department initially said the remains were so badly decayed that a gender could not be determined, but police now say they believe the remains are male.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...s-in-fairfax-county-115743.html#ixzz3gZkyjLKh
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

JMO

From Fairfx County Police:

Body Found in Woods in Mount Vernon Area

Police responded to a report of a body found in a wooded area near the 4800 block of Manor Drive at around 8:30 p.m. on Monday, July 20. A man was walking in the woods when he came across a body in an advanced state of decomposition and contacted police.

The remains are believed to be male. They were transported to the Office of the Medical Examiner who will make a determination on cause and manner of death.

Preliminarily, detectives do not believe there is a public safety threat to the community and the investigation is continuing.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Solvers electronically by visiting www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text-a-tip by texting “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES(274637)** or by calling 1-866-411-TIPS(8477), or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

From Fairfx County Police:

Body Found in Woods in Mount Vernon Area

Police responded to a report of a body found in a wooded area near the 4800 block of Manor Drive at around 8:30 p.m. on Monday, July 20. A man was walking in the woods when he came across a body in an advanced state of decomposition and contacted police.

The remains are believed to be male. They were transported to the Office of the Medical Examiner who will make a determination on cause and manner of death.

Preliminarily, detectives do not believe there is a public safety threat to the community and the investigation is continuing.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Solvers electronically by visiting www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text-a-tip by texting “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES(274637)** or by calling 1-866-411-TIPS(8477), or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

BBM

Perhaps a suicide?

That's the kind of language they use when they think someone is a suicide. And it's the kind of location a lot of people choose when they want to end their lives. So it could be.

No updates, not listed anywhere. My guess is that he was identified as a suicide victim and his family didn't want the information to be released.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back