MI - Armed, AWOL Marine *IN CUSTODY*

michmi

Reaction score
We have a number of people in this area, be safe everyone!

A disturbed Marine is suspected to be travelling to Pontiac with an AK-47 and unclear intentions.

The suspect, Clenard Alex Gee-Simmons, was being held in a low-priority lockdown unit in North Carolina for undisclosed reasons. On July 20, 2015, the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office received information from the United States Marine Corps that Gee-Simmons had fled and believed to be in possession of an AK-47. Gee-Simmons has made threats to kill his wife, who has recently filed for divorce, and he is thought to be on his way to an address in Pontiac.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/armed-awol-marine-may-be-heading-to-pontiac/34278458

Per WXYZ News, the reason he was put on lockdown was the threat he made to kill the wife.

Oh oh. I hope LE has his wife under protection somewhere. And her family.

so he's been on the loose for a day & no word?!

yikes

Oh oh. I hope LE has his wife under protection somewhere. And her family.

Yes, they have her hidden somewhere - hopefully very well! I worry that he'll be enraged when he can't find her and take it out on random people, though.

Yes, they have her hidden somewhere - hopefully very well! I worry that he'll be enraged when he can't find her and take it out on random people, though.

Probably. :mad: I wish these people would just kill themselves if they must, and leave everyone else alone. I hate it when they kill their children in a murder-'suicide' ----then forget to shoot themselves as we'll

Local news (WWJ radio) reporting this morning that the wife has been moved to an alternate location. Oakland County Sheriff asking residents to contact LE immediately if they see the man and/or his vehicle. I know there are members from the area: Please be alert and stay safe.

Here's the text from the WWJ report that I referred to above:

Police On High Alert In Oakland County For AWOL Marine Who Threatened To Kill Wife

July 22, 2015 8:17 AM

PONTIAC (WWJ) – Local authorities are on alert after learning that an AWOL Marine could be headed for Michigan after leaving his base in North Carolina, threatening to kill his estranged wife.

Speaking live on WWJ Wednesday morning, Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said they were notified that 21-year-old Clenard Gee-Simmons has made “credible threats” to his 19-year-old estranged wife and her family, who live in Pontiac.

“She left and moved here to get away from him and is in the process of filing divorce,” said Bouchard. “And further, he had been in some kind of modified segregated situation and had left the base without permission.” ...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/07...-for-awol-marine-who-threatened-to-kill-wife/

How terrifying!!! Stay safe. All.

Pontiac is about 45 mins north of me. I keep checking for updates on this story. Hope that he turns himself in.

Guess he did not get too far, fortunately. Good catch NC LE!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back