South Australia, Woman Who Killed 2 Men in Separate Crashes Has 'Overcome Her Flaws'

PrimeSuspect

Reaction score
Michelle Thiele launches fresh appeal to drive again after causing two separate fatal crashes at same Murray Bridge intersection

A South Australian driver who killed two men in separate crashes at the same country intersection deserves a learner's permit to show she can overcome her flaws, a court has heard.
Pompoota farmer Michelle Thiele was responsible for the deaths of two men in separate accidents in 2000 and 2007 near Mannum, east of Adelaide, when she failed to give way at the same corner.
The first crash killed John Eric Mitchell, 69, and the second claimed the life of motorcyclist Graham Bryant, 51.
An inquest found Thiele was an incompetent driver who probably failed to look for other traffic just before each smash.
Her driver's licence was suspended and then cancelled in 2010.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-21/michelle-thiele-launches-fresh-fight-to-drive-again/6636944

Reading this makes me sick to my stomach! She deserves to be in jail NOT on our roads!! :mad:

2 men died because of her incompetence, why give her the chance to hurt someone again?? She can't drive! She doesn't give way!!! Stop this madness!! :mad: :mad:

I say if she wants to drive again she can only drive a motorcycle.That will teach her the dangers of driving.I rode a bike and no car for 5 yrs. in South Fla. and thought I might die at least a couple times a week and was hit by a car twice.She will want to take public transportation within a month.

i admit i never learned to drive
got my learner's and the x got bashed in a road rage accident (with my little ones in the car), i also have low BP and hypoglycaemia...not the best combo!
the roads are safer without me on them!

i admit i never learned to drive
got my learner's and the x got bashed in a road rage accident (with my little ones in the car), i also have low BP and hypoglycaemia...not the best combo!
the roads are safer without me on them!

It is good that you admit to that and not drive,many drive that should not.2 weeks ago a woman in a SUV side swiped my car,she just came into me.She admitted she could not see in her mirrors but I noticed something was not right with her.She slurred her words and her right hand was curved and somewhat paralyzed.I did not smell alcohol and suspect she had a stroke at some time.The mark on her car was in the same spot that had been smashed before.I was concerned about her and her teenage daughter just sat in the car texting.She told me her husband is going to flip out and I felt bad for her so I told her it would not be a problem but we exchanged info.I still wonder if I should call her and talk about her driving.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back