Shepard Smith

Marthatex

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was just watching Shepard Smith and he is doing the greatest job! He is sincere; he cares

He told O'Reilly he is just beside himself because of what he has seen and the frustration.

He says the trouble is the lack of a strong leader; ie like New York had Julianni He said the the mayor of NO took some people from a hotel (they were from other states and other countries) and put them in FRONT of the people who had been waiting for ours by the dome (I guess to be evacuated)

He said there were dead bodies and women were raped by the dome; people dying and no one to help them.

Some people would wait to get "picked up" and no one would ever come. New Orleans is "black" again; I saw smoke.

He has not seen a Red Cross truck at all. He said the problem was: people needed food and water the 1st day
people needed food and water the 2nd day
""""" '''' '' '''' 3rd day

But they got nothing till the 5th day.

He said he "doesn't want to criticize", but it's been so terrible. He said now the National Guard is protecting the French Quarter. He thinks things now are beginning to get better.

Never have I been so impressed by Shepard Smith as a reporter!

I've heard praise from everyone I know about Shepard Smith and Anderson Cooper. I've seen very little of Smith, but based on what I've seen, I agree. Cooper, I watch every night and love him.

Joe Scarbrough (sp) has done a great job too IMO. They all have. They've asked the tough questions and didn't take a non-answer for an answer either.

Geraldo is in New Orleans.......Shepard is great. I can't believe they have locked them in the super dome....

Geraldo is losing it. Those babies are tearing him apart.

The emotional toll on Shepherd Smith is terrible. I really like him.
Geraldo keeps saying "let them go", "let them out of here".

bulletgirl2002 said:
Geraldo is in New Orleans.......
Where the heck was he during Katrina??? I was so hoping to see him in his yellow slicker standing outside the Super Dome......NOT!

( I can't stand Geraldo )

I totally agree about Shepard Smith doing an incredible reporting job!! I haven't been able to turn off Fox News, so I don't know about the other reporters, but he's been remarkable. Very objective but you could tell he was emotional. I watched him on the O'Reilly Factor and then again on Hannity & Colmes.

As for Geraldo - I saw him doing the interview in the Superdome and he was saying that the government won't let them out - they're locked in. They went there thinking they were going to get help and food and water and instead they're stuck there in the filth with rapes and murders and mayhem all around them. Geraldo was begging, literally begging, "please, just let them go!!" Very emotional!!

Geraldo, in his typical overly dramatic style, kept saying SIX DAYS since the hurricane. Great reporting, Geraldo. This is the FOURTH day. The hurricane hit Monday, you fool.

I put this in another thread but it's appropriate here as well. Ted Koppel's grilling of Michael Brown was great. He may not be in the thick of it, but he asked the tough questions.

Article/Partial Transcript

Video

Here's a snippet:

When Brown explained how surprised he was that not everyone left the city before the storm, and that FEMA was currently trying to help those who didn't, Koppel shot back, "Mr. Brown, some of these people are dead. They're beyond your help. Some of these people have died because they needed insulin and couldn't get it ... You say you were surprised by the fact that so many people didn't make it out. It's no surprise to anyone that you had at least 100,000 people in the city of New Orleans who are dirt poor [and couldn't afford to evacuate the city]."

Ntegrity said:
Geraldo, in his typical overly dramatic style, kept saying SIX DAYS since the hurricane. Great reporting, Geraldo. This is the FOURTH day. The hurricane hit Monday, you fool.

Today is the 5th day, Mon -Friday and folks had been in the Dome for 6 days. Since Sunday.

He's dramatic but this is human drama at its worst.

LDC said:
The dome is empty..Geraldo is at the convention center.
Thanks, LDC - I couldn't remember if he was in the CC or the Superdome, but either way, was shocked to hear that they were locked in there and not allowed to leave.

Ntegrity said:
LOL, I heard him say 6 days, too, and I even looked over at my husband with a questioning look - we both just shrugged. He is definitely overly dramatic, but when he was pleading to just let the people go, I thought it was very touching.

Ntegrity said:

I know. He must be using that old "fuzzy math".

Just hearing the repeat of Hannity and Colmes, even Hannity says it's been five days! Guess he's using fuzzy new math. lol

Marthatex said:
I was just watching Shepard Smith and he is doing the greatest job! He is sincere; he cares

He told O'Reilly he is just beside himself because of what he has seen and the frustration.

He says the trouble is the lack of a strong leader; ie like New York had Julianni He said the the mayor of NO took some people from a hotel (they were from other states and other countries) and put them in FRONT of the people who had been waiting for ours by the dome (I guess to be evacuated)

He said there were dead bodies and women were raped by the dome; people dying and no one to help them.

Some people would wait to get "picked up" and no one would ever come. New Orleans is "black" again; I saw smoke.

He has not seen a Red Cross truck at all. He said the problem was: people needed food and water the 1st day
people needed food and water the 2nd day
""""" '''' '' '''' 3rd day

But they got nothing till the 5th day.

He said he "doesn't want to criticize", but it's been so terrible. He said now the National Guard is protecting the French Quarter. He thinks things now are beginning to get better.

Never have I been so impressed by Shepard Smith as a reporter!

He has said just what he thinks every time he comes on. Several of the news people have been just as outspoken. I think he was the first to say it like it is and that gave others the nerve to do the same.

I have heard the mayor beg for help. One third of the police force tucked tail and left New Orleans!!!! National Guard should have been called in on day 1...not day 5. Horrible things have happened and no one could control those who decided to take advantage of the disaster. I've never seen anything like it. I hope I never do again.

Beyond Belief said:
Geraldo is losing it. Those babies are tearing him apart.

The emotional toll on Shepherd Smith is terrible. I really like him.
Geraldo keeps saying "let them go", "let them out of here".

Hello BB,

nice to meet you, finally,lol,
though I have read your posts
off-n-on for a little while.:)

I totally agree on Shep! He's
my fave, btw...
and I just heard Geraldo reporting
for the first time this past evening..very
heart-wrenching.:(

I am praying for the news guys
and gals,in addition to everyone
else there. They sure do need it.

with much love,

Ariel:blowkiss:

edited to add: just saw part of Shep's
reporting on O'reilly.
Those poor ppl!:(

An article at worldnetdaily:

Sobbing Geraldo:
Let the people go!

Rivera, Shep Smith make emotional pleas as survivors 'trapped' at convention center

Emotions are running high in the aftermath of catastrophic Hurricane Katrina, not only among the survivors, but also among the media covering the New Orleans Convention Center, considered ground zero for post-storm squalor and mayhem.

more at link:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46131

love,

Ariel

Just where do all those reporters go at night? Every morning they say, "While we were driving in this morning..." I've seen reporters with fresh clothes on every single day. I've seen reporters who quite obviously are clean shaven. I've seen reporters with white shirts on that don't have one single speck of dirt or sweat stains on them. Don't get me wrong...some do wonderful jobs and put themselves in harm's way. But when they drive their motorcoach back out at night down the road to another city, why don't they take a few families with them? Or if they do, they're not letting us know they are. They quite obviously go somewhere and get more gas, recharge their batteries, do whatever it is they do....eat, I'm sure. So take some folks with them. They use the bathroom somewhere...where? If they've got a motorcoach, let some folks use the bathroom in their coach. If I were standing beside a dying baby - I wouldn't be crying "Let the people go." I'd be putting that baby in my "news" coach and driving the hell out of that city to a hospital or medic somewhere. I don't get it. Explain to me how a reporter can stand beside a dying baby and NOT put it in their van and drive it out. They're obviously allowed to drive in and out each day.

less0305 said:
Just where do all those reporters go at night? Every morning they say, "While we were driving in this morning..." I've seen reporters with fresh clothes on every single day. I've seen reporters who quite obviously are clean shaven. I've seen reporters with white shirts on that don't have one single speck of dirt or sweat stains on them. Don't get me wrong...some do wonderful jobs and put themselves in harm's way. But when they drive their motorcoach back out at night down the road to another city, why don't they take a few families with them? Or if they do, they're not letting us know they are. They quite obviously go somewhere and get more gas, recharge their batteries, do whatever it is they do....eat, I'm sure. So take some folks with them. They use the bathroom somewhere...where? If they've got a motorcoach, let some folks use the bathroom in their coach. If I were standing beside a dying baby - I wouldn't be crying "Let the people go." I'd be putting that baby in my "news" coach and driving the hell out of that city to a hospital or medic somewhere. I don't get it. Explain to me how a reporter can stand beside a dying baby and NOT put it in their van and drive it out. They're obviously allowed to drive in and out each day.
I have wondered the same thing.

I have also wondered why the media helicopters that have been flying over day after day since the beginning couldn't drop some bottled water and some cereal or something to those trapped on rooftops.

In discussing it with my neighbors I was stunned by their mentality! Their reasoning, it wouldn't make much difference, a drop in the bucket. I was practically yelling that it would sure make a difference to those they few they could help. I wonder what the media's reasoning is?

The way the news people are trying so hard to beg for relief for these stranded people, I find it hard to think they are not getting some out as they can. With thousands there, they can't publicize what they are doing. They just can't do it all, they can't get each one out. I am sure they are sharing the food and water that they can, they are just too caring not to. Their job of reporting and trying to put pressure is important. I would think the officials would get aid to those people just to quiet them. Bless these newspeople for what they are doing. It may make us mad, we might not like what they have to say - but if they can get one bus load out, they have helped.

I think Shepard Smith really cares. What I do not understand is that the news networks are not doing anything to make the situation better. S.Smith stated I have been on this overpass and day l, no food or water, day 2 no food or water, day 3 no food or water, day 4 no food or water. They have large satellite trucks there and many, many reporters. Fox News have lots of money. Why don't they rent trucks, go to wal mart or target buy water and food and take a truck load in with them on day l, day 2, day 3, day 4. No they could not have helped all the needy but maybe they would have saved a baby or grandmother. There was a reporter on MSNBC (can not remember his name) who lives in Pensacola. The first day he went in he found people who had not had any water or food. He went home and his church got things together and he and his wife carried food and water back the next day. Everyone that can should do SOMETHING besides report the bad things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back