FL FL - Omar Gibson, 26, Gainesville, 25 July 2012

JusticeWillBeServed

Reaction score
Omar Gibson has been missing for three years. Investigators know that he was part of a drug deal that was supposed to happen that same night he vanished. The man who saw him last confirmed this but claims Omar never showed up at the rendezvous point. Besides for that, he did not reveal anything else that would help investigators and no new clues have surfaced in quite some time. Omar's mother is hoping someone will come forward so that she and the rest of the family (including Omar's three young children) can have closure. Hoping they can receive the break they need to solve this case.

NamUs

Bring Omar Gibson Home Facebook Page

Charley Project

gibson_omar.jpg
gibson_omar2.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: July 25, 2012 from Gainesville, Florida
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Date of Birth: April 23, 1986
• Height and Weight: 5'10 - 5'11, 140 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Gibson has a tattoo on his left forearm of a flower (possibly a rose) with a cross and the name "Dorothy Ferguson."
• Clothing/Jewelry Description: A tank top, long shorts (possibly denim), Jordan slippers, a gold chain with a cross and a gold chain with a medallion reading "Stokey" which is possibly surrounded by diamonds.

Details of Disappearance
Gibson was last seen at the Palms of Brook Valley apartment complex in the 1100 block of northwest 39th Avenue in Gainesville, Florida at 9:30 p.m. on July 25, 2012. He didn't live there; his address was in the 1100 block southeast 20th Street. He has never been heard from again. Two days later, his dark blue 2003 Honda Accord was found abandoned at the Palms of Brook Valley apartment complex where he'd been last seen.

Maurice Marsalis Terry was the last person to see Gibson before his disappearance. In September, he was arrested on a drug conspiracy charge. Terry told investigators he and Gibson planned to buy three pounds of cocaine from an unidentified individual at the apartment complex the night Gibson disappeared. To avoid a possible robbery, the plan was that Gibson would purchase the drugs, then give them to Terry, who was waiting at a nearby school. Terry would then take the cocaine home. Terry claimed Gibson never showed up to deliver the drugs.

It's uncharacteristic of Gibson to leave without warning, but the circumstances of his disappearance are unclear. His case remains unsolved.

Gainesville man missing for 3 years

A case remains unsolved three years after Omar Gibson went missing. His family said the biggest lead Gainesville Police officers have come across so far was the recovery of Gibson's car at the Palms Apartment Complex on 39th Avenue in Gainesville.

Two Years Since Omar Gibson Disappeared; Family Still Hopeful

GPD still searching for Omar Gibson, missing 1 year

Police say leads have dried up in search for Omar Gibson

Man was part of drug deal before disappearing, police say

"I would like to plead with the public who has information but is scared to share it to come forward. From mother to mother or parent to parent, this is hard — waking up every morning not knowing the situation," Ferguson said. "It's very overwhelming for me. I can barely function because I just don't know the answer to where my son is."

Police hold meeting to update residents on case of missing man

Dozens cite lack of urgency in locating missing man

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member