DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #20

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
By Greg Botelho, CNN
Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

(CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.
Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
By NBC Washington and News4
Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.

Charging Document
DC Mansion Warrant
Return After Search of Ford
Return After Search of White Chevy
Return After Search of BMW
DW Preliminary Hearing Transcript

Other Documents
Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19

ADMIN NOTE: The victims are not on trial here. Do NOT sleuth their surviving family members, nor post opinions which implicate the victims by their actions/behavior, UNLESS so indicated by LE.

Thanks.

I messaged the moderator before posting this. I have only included information confirmed via the charging documents. Unless we have LE-verified information, we are leaving it off. If you think you have proof of someone's identity, please message the moderator so s/he can decide if it is sufficient to add it to our glossary. Thanks!

Slightly updated glossary/cast of characters
View attachment 76765

Attachments

• Case Players.jpg
    Case Players.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 460
TRANSCRIPT RECEIVED!!!!!!! So, is it against TOS to post it here? MUST READ!!!!! [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TRANSCRIPT RECEIVED!!!!!!! So, is it against TOS to post it here? MUST READ!!!!! [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Yippee and yeeHAAWWWWW!

Many, many thank yous to BlessedLife!

View attachment 78973 ----------------- :happydance:

Attachments

• Thank You BlessedLife.jpg
    Thank You BlessedLife.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 464

thank you!!!!
I cannot wait to read it.
I bet RKF would share her dropbox to distribute it.
I think to find out about the TOS, it's best to directly PM a moderator (sillybilly has been here recently), since they don't always sit on the thread and read every post.

thank you!!!!
I cannot wait to read it.
I bet RKF would share her dropbox to distribute it.
I think to find out about the TOS, it's best to directly PM a moderator (sillybilly has been here recently), since they don't always sit on the thread and read every post.

I've been in touch with Cold Pizza. She ? Is going to touch base with someone and get back to me on posting. If RFK could do that it would be fabulous because I can't link a PDF I guess. [emoji53] if anyone would like to message me with an email, I'll forward.

Was there any new information?

Not done reading yet. I would say not much new information, but definitely clarification about JW's movements, how he learned about the fire, where he was.......which was at the dojo. There was no mention of him being at the Lowes.......at all. The defense is absolutely placing this on JW. Also......it wasn't the Mosler registration........it was the Mosler registration renewal letter! Dam media.

Official court docs can be linked as long as they were properly obtained. Absolutely! You won't be able to upload the doc to WS because the file will be too large. But if you upload it to Googledocs, Scribd, Dropbox, or some similar app, then you can post the link here.

I've read through the whole morning session:

The State is trying very hard not to do anything that would damage JW's credibility any more than it has been damaged already. My impression is that Detective Owens is not very interested in him as a suspect, although he did say that they did not inform him that he was a suspect but did tell him that they thought he knew more than he was saying. My impression of that comment is that he was being careful not to leave anyone with any grounds to say JW was not properly mirandized.

Detective says that the red bag has not been recovered and that only bag found in the car is a black backpack.

The lead detective did not personally interview JW. That was done by DC Police. I have to wonder if we can infer that he did not consider JW that important a witness. He seems foggy on the details of JW's timeline.

JW "made himself known" to police in the context of saying he wanted his car back and told them who he was relative to the S family. They then took him to the station for a more formal interview.

W-2 was also brought into the station that day for an interview.

Detective Owens interviewed the person who spotted the Porsche.

JW never had a key or code to access any area of the house.

There was back and forth about whether the garage was open when he arrived.

SS DID tell the AIW employee that he needed the $40K for an equipment auction, so I owe someone many threads back an apology, since I thought that the idea that a CEO would take $40K in cash to an equipment auction was patently absurd :)

From the afternoon:

- No belongings from the S house were found in any of the places Wint stayed (his sister's, his father's, his mother's, his GF in Brooklyn)
- The dog door lead from the kitchen to the basement (not outside) and that is what was duct taped shut.

So what did JW do with the red-lined bag?

Equipment auction? What kind of equipment? Just a cover story?

From the afternoon:

- No belongings from the S house were found in any of the places Wint stayed (his sister's, his father's, his mother's, his GF in Brooklyn)
- The dog door lead from the kitchen to the basement (not outside) and that is what was duct taped shut.

Interesting. Does this mean the dogs were kept in the basement, and not outside?

[/B]
Interesting. Does this mean the dogs were kept in the basement, and not outside?

Dogs were found outside, so if perp kept them in the basement, he had to have let them out before the fire.

- Prosecutor did not want to talk about the whereabouts of the S family cell phones. They are subject to an open search warrant that is about to be executed but has not been yet. (there's a bench conference which is partially sealed). However, Defense was allowed to ask whether the cell phones were found with Wint, in his belongings, or the homes where he stayed, and the answer was "no". (wonder where they were found and who had them).
- A knife was recovered from the trash outside the S house (I don't remember knowing that).
- There is a very weird bench conference in which the Prosecution says that the Defense is about to show photos of pizza but they are photos taken over two weeks after the crime and that the pizza in the photos was eaten by the techs -- that it's not the pizza eaten by Wint. Defense and Judge are v. confused.

So what did JW do with the red-lined bag?

Equipment auction? What kind of equipment? Just a cover story?

Equipment auction was the cover story that SS used to get the AIW employee to write the check out to cash.

Page 94 Bach says there's an open sw about to be executed

[/B]

I think so. Maybe that explains why no one heard barking.
We have a similar set-up for our cats - door to the basement, however, the basement has its own cat door (I just didn't want to cut a hole in any of our main floor doors), so it's possible that they had the same set-up and the dogs were able to get outside from the basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie