JonBenet Timeline

why_nutt

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have been looking for timeline software for a while now, to be able to enter various events case- and family-related and correlate them to each other. I had found nothing satisfactory. But a tip led me to the site where I direct you today. The project has only been active for a few days, but I have begun the process of creating a public Ramsey case timeline as best as I can, so we can compare various events or catch contradictory information. This project is primarily a tool to suit myself, but since I so often see posters lamenting how they cannot remember when so-and-so said this-and-that, I thought it might be useful to share.

Navigation through the site is intuitive to me, I hope it is the same for you. And, needless to say, the information present barely scratches the surface of what will eventually be put up.

http://my.calendars.net/jonbenet

Edited to add:

I have retained the right to edit entries. If you click on an individual date, you will be prompted for a user id and password. If you enter this info, it should not work. You may look, but not touch. :)

Edited to add further:

To start you off, try this link. It is an example of how I hope to fill the other months.

http://my.calendars.net/jonbenet/d01/12/1996?display=M&style=B&positioning=A

Great! I'll have to dig a bit, but hope this flys. You're a great JB Justice helper, why_nutt!

Thanks, why_nutt, but I can't get either of the URLs to work...not even by typing them in.

Ivy, a downside to the site is that it does tend to be rather flakey when loading pages. Do try and refresh often, I have become accustomed to doing so.

Why_Nut that is great! Will you be able to include hyperlinks in the text at all?

The search certainly pops up, but only goes back to 2000 for me.

Originally posted by Jayelles
Why_Nut that is great! Will you be able to include hyperlinks in the text at all?

The search certainly pops up, but only goes back to 2000 for me.

There is a function which allows for hyperlinking. I have used it on December 13th and 20th of 1996. I wish it would allow for embedding a link rather than turning all the text into a link, as I would have linked just the "(RMN, 5/5/01)" text.

Still, the work is evolving.

Originally posted by Ivy
Thanks, why_nutt, but I can't get either of the URLs to work...not even by typing them in.

Ditto; I'm out of energy here/done trying...!!!...I like the part where URL says "you should really print this page and read it"...I'm off printing/reading...???wish me luck!:cool:

Originally posted by why_nutt
I have been looking for timeline software for a while now, to be able to enter various events case- and family-related and correlate them to each other. I had found nothing satisfactory. But a tip led me to the site where I direct you today. The project has only been active for a few days, but I have begun the process of creating a public Ramsey case timeline as best as I can, so we can compare various events or catch contradictory information. This project is primarily a tool to suit myself, but since I so often see posters lamenting how they cannot remember when so-and-so said this-and-that, I thought it might be useful to share.

Navigation through the site is intuitive to me, I hope it is the same for you. And, needless to say, the information present barely scratches the surface of what will eventually be put up.

Edited to add:

I have retained the right to edit entries. If you click on an individual date, you will be prompted for a user id and password. If you enter this info, it should not work. You may look, but not touch. :)

Edited to add further:

To start you off, try this link. It is an example of how I hope to fill the other months.

THANK YOU; compelling info; finally got url to come up/work... and O.M.G...I speechless...as in AWE-LAND!?...not sure what to say/ post...???!!!~~~:dontknow:

Littwin: If Smit is right, what does that make us?May 5, 2001
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/news_columnists/article/0,1299,DRMN_86_415092,00.html

Every time I write about JonBenet, I feel dirty.

I hate the story. I hate the fact that the violent death of a little girl has turned into a public entertainment. I hate the fact that this death, in which the parents are rich and the beauty-contest tape is a made-for-TV staple, becomes somehow more important than the violent deaths of other children.

As everyone knows, no one has been indicted in this case.

But that doesn't mean there aren't some indictments worth making.

For instance, you might ask yourself why the governor continues to weigh in on this tragedy. If you recall, he virtually accused the parents of murder when his only comment should have been "I have no comment." Now the governor, clearly an expert in murder investigation, has seen fit to deconstruct veteran detective Lou Smit's presentation on the Today show. What exactly is the governor doing in the middle of this investigation? Shouldn't he be studying for next year's CSAPs?

Maybe he was a loser. But he wasn't the bomber.

Sometimes it looks as if the Ramseys do everything they can to make themselves look guilty. From the start, when they hired lawyers and refused to cooperate with the police, they courted suspicion.

The runway video, and the idea of little JonBenet vamping in those ugly beauty contests, made the Ramseys look, at the very least, unsympathetic.

I'm not making the case for their innocence or guilt. I don't even have an opinion. My opinion is that rich people have a better chance of getting away with murder than poor people. And that, conversely, if the Ramseys weren't rich, if this case couldn't be reduced to a Columbo episode, JonBenet would have long ago slipped into distant memory.

The odds are good that the initial investigation was so botched we'll never know the truth, which means the story will stay with us forever.

But if Smit is ever proved right, there would be more at stake than the Ramseys' innocence or guilt. If Smit turns out to be right, it means we would immediately be faced with another hard case: How do you undo a public lynching?

AND THE !? is:

Mr. RAMSEY: HOW DO YOU(OR DO YOU) UNDO A PUBLIC LYNCHING???YES/NO/MAYBE?

Mrs. RAMSEYS: HOW DO YOU(OR DO YOU) UNDO A PUBLIC LYNCHING???YES/NO/MAYBE?

???

!!!~~~

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

There is a function which allows for hyperlinking. I have used it on December 13th and 20th of 1996. I wish it would allow for embedding a link rather than turning all the text into a link, as I would have linked just the "(RMN, 5/5/01)" text.

Ah yes, I see that now. Excellent.

Originally posted by why_nutt

Edited to add:

Edited to add further:

Surely you're aware of this site? yes/no/maybe???...Hopefully?!
http://www.acandyrose.com/timeline-transcripts2001.htm
;) :) :cool: :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie