PA - Kristen Tatar, 4, starved to death, Armstrong County, 7 Aug 2003

Doyle

Reaction score
Website
www.
So very sad how this poor child had to suffer!!
It's beyond me how a mother can not help her own child!
I hope the brother is getting therapy.

It seems like there is a new horrific child abuse story every day. There were two on that link alone with poor little Kristin and the 7 year old whose mother disciplined her with chemical burns caused by bleach. These stories make me feel so helpless and hopeless.

Doesn't make me feel helpless and hopeless... makes me feel homicidal. Too bad we can't euthanize, or at least sterilize the parents. :behindbar

sansoucie said:
Doesn't make me feel helpless and hopeless... makes me feel homicidal. Too bad we can't euthanize, or at least sterilize the parents. :behindbar

Sometimes I almost would like to treat these savages the same way that they have treated their victims. Crimes against our children is just getting so out of hand.

What the hell is wrong with our child welfare agencies???!!! :furious:

This is so horrible to read about, and that picture of her poor unhappy face, I'm practicaly bawling my eyes out now. :(
It said she weighed 12 lbs when autopsied. 12 lbs. That means she probably weighed 15/18 lbs tops when she died. My 16 month old daughter was 20lbs at 6 months old... I can't believe whoever this woman was from the agency that allegedly saw Kristen 2 weeks before her death saw a healthy child. She should be in prison right beside the mother and father.

That poor little baby, she suffered her whole life at the hands of her parents. They abused her, they didn't love her or take care of her... its so sad, that little girl should have been taken away PERMANENTLY and placed with a family that would take care of her!!! She probably never felt love her whole life. :(

I hope this little precious baby is in heaven now, eating anything and everything she wants. :(

Dance with the angels baby girl.

I read that kind of thing and thing how crappy my teenager is and how she thinks the world should be handed to her. She ran away several times before 17 and now that she is 17 she moved out. She just couldn't handle how abusive we are.... a curfew, no drugs, no screwing guys that are 34 yrs old ( who she is pregnant by now and got that way when she took of from school for her 3rd run away stunt, and who has a warrant.. etc, long story) and no physically fighting with her parents or siblings. Keeping her in school was horribly abusive. And having her own room with a private bath, a vehicle, and dealing with her abercrombie fetish.... we were so horribly abusive.

Here this poor child would have thought she was in heaven for just a scrap of food and being warm at night.I wonder if anyone ever cuddled her or told her she was loved, or beautiful? If anyone ever watched a movie with her and had a popcorn fight on DAD's side of the bed?Did she ever know anything but horror and hunger? It breaks what's left of my heart to think of how little it would have taken to make that poor child healthy and happy. How can people do this to children?!

Wow, Sansoucie, you sure have had a lot to deal with. I just wanted to send you a hug.

Has your daughter thought about what she will do when the baby comes?? That baby deserves the Best their Mom can give, I hope she can get it together in time. The 34 year old man should be charged.

Peace to you and your's.

Yeah, the guy has been formally charged.. he was in the navy, so they booted him, and he is now on the run.

She's a moron, and has no clue what she will do with the baby. She can't even take care of a pet. This is going to be an ordeal.

I personally believe that girls who do this kind of thing are the ones that are most likely to abuse, neglect, or kill their children. They have NO concept of motherhood and the responsibility that goes with it. I offered to take the child and raise it because I fear whatthe child will go through or God forbid, wind up in the system. She says she will take care of it. No job, no prospects, looks foreward to geting on welfare when she is 18... just terrible.

Well san, maybe if you feel that strongly about the future welfare of the child, you could alert Social Services now, maybe they can get her to take parenting classes, now, make sure she is ok throughout the rest of her pregnancy, discuss fully and confidentially with her the options she has, for what is best for this new life soon to join us.

http://teenadvice.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yppo.com%2F

Been there done that. Can't do a thing until there are "signs" of neglect or abuse. Read the title thred story... family services has their hands tied or they just don't give a damn. I know for sure they are overworked as these teenagers are popping out kids like pez.

sansoucie said:
Yeah, the guy has been formally charged.. he was in the navy, so they booted him, and he is now on the run.

She's a moron, and has no clue what she will do with the baby. She can't even take care of a pet. This is going to be an ordeal.

I personally believe that girls who do this kind of thing are the ones that are most likely to abuse, neglect, or kill their children. They have NO concept of motherhood and the responsibility that goes with it. I offered to take the child and raise it because I fear whatthe child will go through or God forbid, wind up in the system. She says she will take care of it. No job, no prospects, looks foreward to geting on welfare when she is 18... just terrible.
Sansoucie

Don't give up on her. Her story sounds so much like mine when I was her age. I grew up in a home where I had everything I needed including clothes, food, love, and the support of my parents. I partied my way right out of high school before I graduated. Smoked plenty of pot and drank a lot of beer and ended up pregnant at 18 years old. My mother was very upset but she was wise and just told me she loved me and was there for me if I needed her. I kept my baby and lived with my mom for about 1 year moved out for a couple years and moved back in again. My mom was wonderful she didn't give me money directly but did buy formula, diapers and clothes when she could. She did let me know how she felt about my parenting abilities and my lifestyle but she always told me she loved me. It took until my daughter was about three for me to become a normal human being. I went to school to become a legal secretary. Went to work, got off of welfare and have not touched drugs and rarely drink since then. Having my little girl saved my life. I am a very successful person now. I have been married for 10 years have two little boys from that marriage and one of the neatest, well behaved, 16 year old girls I have ever known. I know she is so wonderful because of my mother. I have a great job, own a home and I am even a cub scout leader. I am so grateful that my mother pushed me, berated me and most of all loved me.

I know not everyone has such a good outcome but it is possible. I just wanted to share that with you.

Wow, so there is hope. Thanks for sharing. If she would live here I wouldn't be so upset, but she doesn't want our rules even while she is pregnant. She is my step daughter but my husband has always had custody and we raised her. Her mother was a one nighter way back when. I am the only mother she has ever known. I swear it's hereditary! LOL! She has become her birthmother. I fear she or one of her trashy boyfriends will screw up and there will be another Tatar story in the news. I swear I need xanax sometimes! LOL!

Normally we post about crimes committed by one or more individuals. But this time there are no criminal charges. And the crime wasn't committed by an individual- it was a state agency. The "case" is over, the parents are in prison. But not everybody involved in the death of 4-year old Kristen Tatar has been prosecuted.
This one is really, terribly sad. Have the kleenex ready.
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/trib/regional/s_370641.html

The inhumanity is incomprehensible.But I am seeing so much lately it is hard to differentiate.

It seems all too common now to hear about how case workers dropped the ball on children. This is a horrible story, and I hope no child ever has to go through this.

This case remind me of Tesslyn O' Cull and the many other children that are surposed to be "protected" by the so called child welfare agencies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back