GUILTY CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #3 *Arrest*

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
madysonmiddleton.jpg

Madyson Middleton
link

9-Year-Old Santa Cruz Girl Goes Missing

Police are asking for help locating a missing 9-year-old girl from Santa Cruz Sunday night, police said.

Madison Middleton was last seen at about 4 p.m. at 1030 River St.

Maddy has blue eyes and was wearing a purple knee high dress with black leggings and a helmet, the dispatcher said.
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/07/26/9-year-old-santa-cruz-girl-goes-missing/
Police Say Girl’s Body Found In Santa Cruz Dumpster Is Likely Missing 8-Year-Old; Teen Neighbor Arrested
July 27, 2015 8:24 PM

[...]
“At 7:55 p.m., detectives discovered the body of a young female in a dumpster. We believe that she is probably Madyson Middleton,” Santa Cruz Police Chief Kevin Vogel said during a press conference.

Santa Cruz boy lured Madyson Middleton into his apartment, police chief says
UPDATED 5:46 PM PDT Jul 28, 2015

[...]
Police arrested a 15-year-old boy. "He was arrested for the murder of Madyson," Vogel said.
The boy and Madyson knew each other, because they were neighbors who lived in the same building at the Tannery Arts Center complex.

Thread #1 Thread #2

Bringing this over from the last thread, a post by 4senthia.

Not to argue but there is no one "normal".
2 people can never occupy the same space. Mentally physically or otherwise.
I can't literally ever see thru the eyes of another nor can they thru mine.
That's one reason colors look different to all of us.
I'm not saying this teen isn't/wasn't depressed. IMO many of us are.
It's very common among teens.
They lack the coping skills, but they are readily available from counselors and the like. In a wished-for "ideal" artists' community such as the Tannery, where this young man actually worked at times w/little children, I'm sure the occupants are socially aware enough to provide such services.
If some refuse to believe in broken people and in the existence, even in the most non-religious form, of unexplainable evil, that's their right and I get it.
As a child of molestation and extreme mental abuse I had been at the bottom of the "pit" so many times when I was his age.
And we have no evidence whatsoever that he was abused or neglected.
IMO it was all a sick game to him. He is charged with lying in wait for Maddy.
What a road to choose to go down, and I do believe he had his eyes wide open.
Sorry not meaning to offend anyone.
jmho

I'm sorry that you had to experience so much trauma as an adult.

What I was saying, in my post, that this boy isn't "normal", and just decided to do this just to do it. There is something wrong with the way he processes things, and the way he sees the world. I do believe there is a "normal", although there isn't one perfect "normal" that exists in one person. There are societal "norms", and semesters worth of curricula to teach "abnormal psych" classes. There is a psychologically "normal" type, and a psychologically "abnormal" type, although it can be difficult to determine in some people. But the theory of "abnormal psych" and "normal psych" is there.

So. He didn't do something that all the rest of us wished we could do, we're just morally superior. None of us want to torture a child. In other crimes, the perp has a normal psych but an underdeveloped sense of justice and fairness, and maturity and impulse control. Someone who watches an expensive diamond necklace fall of a woman's wrist, and waits til she's out of sight and pockets the diamond bracelet is only doing what all of us would also like to do, but we are morally superior and more mature. We'd call to her and get it back to her. So the bracelet thief is like all of us, just chooses to do what she knows is the wrong thing to do.

Someone who tortures a child is doing something none of us have any desire whatsoever to do. They aren't like us. We are not separated from them by maturity, or impulse control, or sense of justice. We simply have no desire whatsoever to tie up a child and torture her.

Something is different, and not functioning, in his brain.

IMHO.

I am far from perfect but taking something from someone else is not something I want to do.

He is not right because terrible things have happened to him. Will we find out what they are?

The trial will be a couple years from now. I imagine so perhaps reporters will be looking for what went wrong in his life.

I feel LE alluded to a past criminal record. Otherwise they would have said he does not have one, I feel. I am very often wrong about things though

I am far from perfect but taking something from someone else is not something I want to do.

He is not right because terrible things have happened to him. Will we find out what they are?

The trial will be a couple years from now. I imagine so perhaps reporters will be looking for what went wrong in his life.

I feel LE alluded to a past criminal record. Otherwise they would have said he does not have one, I feel. I am very often wrong about things though

I would really like to know what they've found on his computer, phone.

Maddy's murder is one of the most depraved I've ever heard of.
One other that stands out to me is the case where a man followed a little 7(?) year old boy into a public restroom at a San Diego(?) beach park where the child's family was having a reunion. A aunt went into the restroom moments later to find her nephew dying of a slit throat. I think the predator was found shortly afterwards. I watch the police interrogation and it was chilling. As the murderer recounted/relived the killing his whole demeanor became that of a predatory stalker in the moment. His breathing, facial expressions and voice changed as he relived the thrill of the hunt and the kill. He WAS in the moment again and he was a savage. Don't remember names or dates now.
Neither Maddy or he had a chance.

I would too. My gut says it was awful and I feel bad for the investigators who might have to deal with it.

There was a case very, very similar to this last year. A young man lived in an apartment complex with a girl, about this age. I can't remember her name.

He lured her in there, raped, tortured, murdered her, and then dumped his mattress in the dumpster. That's how he was caught, days after she went missing.

His brothers IMMEDIATELY and passionately stuck up for him, saying it isn't true, there's a mistake. But those voices faded quickly when it became clear it must be him.

That's what I remembered when I first read about this missing girl. I had a strong feeling (as most of us probably did) that it would be a young man who lives near by and knows her pretty well. In this case, it was a boy instead of a man.

Sad.

(In retrospect, I'm not sure about dumping the mattress. I'm sure the mattress contained all the physical evidence needed to make it absolutely clear he was guilty)

I agree w/much of the reply to my above "brought forward" post.
I have studied abnormal psych most of my adult years. So I have learned that I'm not a victim unless I allow myself to be. Maddy didn't have that choice.
I don't really like the term "moral superiority". I'll give it some thought tho.
Around the world and throughout the tapestry of interwoven cultures, the theory doesn't really carry thru.
I find it disgusting to eat a dog. To arrange a marriage even against one's will.
To me it's subjective, the ideal of moral superiority.
Personally I have what is considered a normal morality and normal ethics.
And I don't believe there is no wrong or right. Absolute thoughts on that subject are always brought up.
Having said all of that, I do believe in evil just as much as I believe in mental illness.
This murderer will hopefully receive any mental help he needs.
IMO he is a broken person who should never roam amongst the rest of society again.
jmho

Maddy's murder is one of the most depraved I've ever heard of.
One other that stands out to me is the case where a man followed a little 7(?) year old boy into a public restroom at a San Diego(?) beach park where the child's family was having a reunion. A aunt went into the restroom moments later to find her nephew dying of a slit throat. I think the predator was found shortly afterwards. I watch the police interrogation and it was chilling. As the murderer recounted/relived the killing his whole demeanor became that of a predatory stalker in the moment. His breathing, facial expressions and voice changed as he relived the thrill of the hunt and the kill. He WAS in the moment again and he was a savage. Don't remember names or dates now.
Neither Maddy or he had a chance.

I remember that one. The killer ended up hanging himself on San Quentin's death row a few years ago.

http://www.orovillemr.com/general-news/20111118/man-who-killed-oroville-boy-hangs-himself

Matthew's aunt took him to the restroom, and while she waited outside, Wilson slashed Matthew's throat and stabbed him in the back five times.

There was a case very, very similar to this last year. A young man lived in an apartment complex with a girl, about this age. I can't remember her name.

He lured her in there, raped, tortured, murdered her, and then dumped his mattress in the dumpster. That's how he was caught, days after she went missing.

His brothers IMMEDIATELY and passionately stuck up for him, saying it isn't true, there's a mistake. But those voices faded quickly when it became clear it must be him.

That's what I remembered when I first read about this missing girl. I had a strong feeling (as most of us probably did) that it would be a young man who lives near by and knows her pretty well. In this case, it was a boy instead of a man.

Sad.

(In retrospect, I'm not sure about dumping the mattress. I'm sure the mattress contained all the physical evidence needed to make it absolutely clear he was guilty)

Jorelys Rivera I think was her name. It happened not far from me. Same exact scenario as this one. So sad.

Responding to the last post on the previously, now closed thread:

Speaking of, Have you seen Donnie Darko? It sounds really dark to me.

I think these really violent shows/movies have an affect on some of these people.

I think these really violent shows/movies have an affect on some of these people.

I've seen it. Yes, it's dark, but I like it. Maybe it effects some people negatively, but that would be a tiny minority, imo.

I've seen it. Yes, it's dark, but I like it. Maybe it effects some people negatively, but that would be a tiny minority, imo.

It seems popular, and I have only read about it on Wikipedia. I'll have to see if the library has it. So that I can get a better idea about it.

I do think though, that there are way too many really violent movies/shows these days. What's the point?

Okay I have not followed this case since they found her so forgive me for not knowing this information. Where in the sam hell was his family when he did this to Maddy? How could someone not have heard her being tortured. One would think that someone even if it was a neighbor or someone below him (if he lives above someone) would have heard it. Actually now that I am thinking of it he probably had her mouth covered but still! My god you would think someone would have heard something. This is just terrible! I'm sorry if this came off as rude but I am so damn angry! How can you do that to an innocent child? If something like this happened to my 3 year old nephew I don't know what I would do.

I have seen it and I like it a lot. It's not that dark and in the end it has a positive message. There's a lot to the story... it's not like a Quentin Tarantino movie or anything.

Would that sort of thing come out in court to where we'd all then know about it? (Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I've never really followed any cases or anything before this.)

Okay I have not followed this case since they found her so forgive me for not knowing this information. Where in the sam hell was his family when he did this to Maddy? How could someone not have heard her being tortured. One would think that someone even if it was a neighbor or someone below him (if he lives above someone) would have heard it. Actually now that I am thinking of it he probably had her mouth covered but still! My god you would think someone would have heard something. This is just terrible! I'm sorry if this came off as rude but I am so damn angry! How can you do that to an innocent child? If something like this happened to my 3 year old nephew I don't know what I would do.

I don't know for sure but I believe his mother was at work. Not sure if anyone else lives with them or not.

I suspect he covered her mouth. Or maybe she was knocked out or something right away.

He duct taped her poor precious little mouth.

Yet, these are apartments with shared walls. I bet the neighbors are sick they could not do anything for her.

Imagine a kid doing this? I've got a few words for him.

I think Jenise Wright being sexually assaulted and murdered by 17 year old mobile home park neighbor and "nice kid" Gabe Gaeta a year ago really mirrors this case. It's sickening.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-6-Bremerton-2-August-2014-11-(Gabriel-Gaeta)

Im not too good with names as Im new to the website but wasn't there a teen named Austin Sigg who did something similar to a little girl named Jessica as well? The fact that there are multiple cases is just sickening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back