PA - Stephanie Dzikowski, 22, murdered, Philadelphia, 30 July 2015 *Arrest*

SurfieTX

Reaction score
An unidentified man darted into Dzikowski's Port Richmond rowhouse late Thursday, marched up to the second floor and shot her in the head, while Clarissa sat nearby.

Medics pronounced the young mother dead at the scene at 11:06 p.m.

A man in a gray hoodie was spotted by a neighbor running from the scene. Investigators didn't have a motive as of Friday night, but believe the house was specifically targeted: There were no signs of forced entry, and nothing appeared to have been stolen, police said.

The victim's live-in boyfriend, Sean Sadowniczak, was being held by Homicide Unit detectives for questioning Friday night, hours after first being brought in, according to a police source.

Dzikowski's murder floored her neighbors on Aramingo Avenue near Clearfield Street. She had lived on the street for 18 years, and most knew her from when she was a toddler.

"She was a great mother and a great friend," said Marie Larkins, 48. "The big question is, 'Why?' - she didn't have any enemies and everybody around here loved her."

~~~~

"I tried to do anything I could to save her. For someone to do this in front of her daughter . . . you're a coward. Justice is going to be served."

Dzikowski and Sadowniczak lived with her father, Stephen Dzikowski. The couple was supposed to move into their own house on Aug. 14, one down the block from Sadowniczak's mother, who often watched Clarissa while her parents were at work.

Neighbors said Sean Sadowniczak was at Perri's, a nearby Italian restaurant, when the shooting occurred.

Much more at link..

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2..._young_mom_s_slaying.html#bVC64yKfmzvPrHTD.99

Her facebook is full of her love for her daughter. She was, by all appearances, a devoted and doting mom.

I hope her killer is caught and brought to justice promptly.

This is being reported on my local Philly news and I just can't imagine. The senselessness of this tragedy is mind blowing and I really hope they find the killer soon.

It's reported that her boyfriend was at a restaurant (working?), but I wonder where her dad was? I'm not casting aspersions, just curious because it indicates that the killer was someone who knew she would be at home alone that evening (well, not counting her poor daughter. :( )

This is so heartbreaking. That poor lil girl.

It's reported that her boyfriend was at a restaurant (working?), but I wonder where her dad was? I'm not casting aspersions, just curious because it indicates that the killer was someone who knew she would be at home alone that evening (well, not counting her poor daughter. :( )

The link in the first post says that she sent the bf to the restaurant to get some ice tea as she was cooking dinner. So one would think that he would not be gone long.

The link in the first post says that she sent the bf to the restaurant to get some ice tea as she was cooking dinner. So one would think that he would not be gone long.

Yes, that's what is so bizarre. Was someone watching the house, saw the bf leave and then seized the opportunity? How did they know she would be alone for such a short amount of time?

Definitely seems targeted, but why? Hopefully this is resolved soon, what a tragedy.

jmo

I was just going through her FB page and it looks like she had some problems a few weeks ago with some of her family members. Not sure if I can post the exact status, but she posted something on July 12.

jmo

I'm pretty sure I read in one of the articles that her dad was at work.
Been following this and was hoping for a quick arrest. So sad for her daughter. I agree that it definitely seems targeted. I also searched her name in the philadelphia court dockets and nothing came up, so it doesn't APPEAR she was involved in any type of crime, drugs , etc.

I'm pretty sure I read in one of the articles that her dad was at work.
Been following this and was hoping for a quick arrest. So sad for her daughter. I agree that it definitely seems targeted. I also searched her name in the philadelphia court dockets and nothing came up, so it doesn't APPEAR she was involved in any type of crime, drugs , etc.

According to police, the woman's boyfriend and father wasn't home at the time of the shooting. Police say he was out buying milk. Homicide detectives believe the gunman was lurking outside and saw the boyfriend leave to go to the store.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/29677774/port-richmond-mother-22-found-murdered-in-her-bedroom

Exclusive: Boyfriend of Port Richmond Mother Fatally Shot Speaks Out - http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/08/03/mother-fatally-shot-port-richmond/

Also from the article:

"Neighbors told police they heard a single gunshot. According to detectives, the front the door was open, giving the killer easy access. Homicide detectives are interested in surveillance video showing a possible suspect quickly run across the street."

ETA: Surveillance video of the man in the hoodie in this video also.

I wonder now if her murder was to send a message to the BF or a family member or if she was absolutely the intended target. If someone had a beef with the BF, they could have shot him as he left. This senseless murder seems very personal IMO. Who does this?

I wonder now if her murder was to send a message to the BF or a family member or if she was absolutely the intended target. If someone had a beef with the BF, they could have shot him as he left. This senseless murder seems very personal IMO. Who does this?

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think it was the BF, but possibly someone trying to send a message to the bf or someone else she's connected to.

It's believable that a perp would know her dad's working schedule, but how in the heck did he/she know how to time a random event such as sending the boyfriend to the store/restaurant to pick up milk/tea (whichever it was)? She was shot in the bedroom and not in the kitchen, so that's a little odd considering she was cooking dinner. Of course, she could have had dinner in the oven and ran to the bedroom to change clothes or whatever...

Two other things: Dog didn't alert (a pit bull) and child was left unharmed.

ETA: My gut says this is a female perp.

It's believable that a perp would know her dad's working schedule, but how in the heck did he/she know how to time a random event such as sending the boyfriend to the store/restaurant to pick up milk/tea (whichever it was)? She was shot in the bedroom and not in the kitchen, so that's a little odd considering she was cooking dinner. Of course, she could have had dinner in the oven and ran to the bedroom to change clothes or whatever...

Two other things: Dog didn't alert (a pit bull) and child was left unharmed.

ETA: My gut says this is a female perp.

Interesting theory on a female perp. I wonder how long the bf was actually gone for - I feel like there have been conflicting reports on that and I wish the reporter would have asked him for a better timeline of that night. Are we talking minutes here? I just find it odd that a perp would have been lurking outside and then pounced once the bf left. How would that perp not know if anyone else was in the house with her?

The pit bull not alerting is odd too.

jmo

The shoot*er is de*scribed by po*lice as a black male about 5 and a half feet tall with a thin build. He was wear*ing gray sweat*pants and a gray sweat*shirt and was last seen run*ning south*bound on Ara*mingo Av*en*ue.

Dzikowski’s boy*friend, Sean Sad*own*iczak, said that Dzikowski had been cook*ing din*ner for their daugh*ter when the man entered their home: Spa*ghetti was on the stove, and bowls were on the table when Sad*own*iczak re*turned to the house soon after the shoot*ing oc*curred.

Two days later, on Sunday af*ter*noon, Sad*own*iczak struggled through tears to de*scribe his girl*friend while stand*ing near the me*mori*al tableau that had been erec*ted out*side of their home.

“She was the best,” said the 20-year-old. “I don’t know what else to say. … She was beau*ti*ful, kind, wouldn’t want to hurt a fly.”

Neigh*bor and friend Mar*ie Lar*kins echoed his de*scrip*tion.

“She had a mag*net*ic per*son*al*ity,” she said. “You were just drawn to her.”

http://www.starnewsphilly.com/2015/aug/3/remembering-stephanie/#.Vct7QrJViko

(I don't know why in the world those asterisks are showing up. Weird)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back