Portugal - Jon Edwards, 31, Lagos, 15 Sept 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Jon Anderson Edwards
10494810_637888966305968_1191411719672823724_n.jpg

Woman may have spotted her missing son in the background of a Facebook photo
A heartbroken mother, Lesley Edwards, swears she saw her son, who has been missing for 11 months, in the background of a photograph at a Blues' pre-season game against Fiorentina on Wednesday. She is now pleading for help from Chelsea fans and Facebook users to help her locate her son.

Edwards, 54, has been searching for Jon Anderson Edwards non-stop for the past 11 months. He disappeared while working in Lagos, Portugal in September 2014. Lesley even traveled to Lagos to try to find her son. Jon is a chef and is originally from Scotland. The 31-year-old suffered head injuries in a fall one day and then failed to show up at work.
11817265_10206293406670095_8419356287314748014_n.jpg

http://m.aol.com/article/2015/08/07...ssing-son-in-the-background-of-a-fa/21219849/

His mother responds on the FB page that it was not her son at the game.

His mother responds on the FB page that it was not her son at the game.

I read the same earlier, though haven't seen anything official to confirm this was the case.

I think they look vaguely similar but would never say it was the same man. Plus (IMO), if you successfully disappeared for 11 months then turned up at a Chelsea friendly, those head injuries were probably worse than you thought..... ;)

So How did he hurt his head?
Per the above linked article :

"The 31-year-old suffered head injuries in a fall one day and then failed to show up at work."

Not too specific as far as details.

Per the above linked article :

"The 31-year-old suffered head injuries in a fall one day and then failed to show up at work."

Not too specific as far as details.

Really! Id like to know who he was with.
If they were out one evening and who did he tell he was feeling sick and dizzy>

obviously he made it home if all those things were left right?

From September:

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/lo...rds-a-year-on-from-his-disappearance-1.900007

A Tayside family is still searching for answers a year after an Arbroath man disappeared without a trace in Portugal...

Jon left behind his mobile phone, clothes, passport and other personal possessions in his flat and Lesley intends to travel back to Lagos at the start of next month to collect his belongings from the police. She said: “The police have stopped their investigation over there so I want to collect his stuff from them.

“I’d rather have them over here and I keep thinking there’s a small chance that Kenna and I might see something on his phone which the police might not have considered significant.”

From last month:

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-n...wed-christmas-appeals-to-find-missing-expats/

Scot Jon Edwards disappeared from his home in Lagos, Portugal in September 2014. Police believe the 31-year-old may have skipped the border into southern Spain. Two days before his disappearance, Jon knocked himself unconscious after getting drunk at a party and falling down a hill.

Wondering if this theory had/has, any teeth?
Missing Scot may have joined hippies
"Missing Scot may have joined hippies
missingscot.jpg
Speculation that 30-year-old Scotsman Jon Anderson Edwards may have found his way into a hippie commune in the western Algarve has given his family and friends hope that he is still alive and well after mysteriously disappearing more than two weeks ago.

Edwards may have joined a “wwoofing, workaway” community, one of which says it is involved in “a wide range of activities here from growing organic vegetables and fruit trees in our terraced gardens to walking and feeding our animals.”

Deeply worried and finding the disappearance “surreal,” Jon’s mother Lesley Edwards had wondered if her son might even have been kidnapped, but the idea of him joining a group of free-spirited hippies seems to fit with his personality and sounds altogether more plausible."

Bumping..
Missing Scotsman may still be working - Portugal Resident

Missing Scotsman may still be working
2nd October 2014

“My name is Jon, I am 30 years old and a chef from eastern Scotland… I have a lot of hospitality experience in kitchens and also in bar work as well as general hotel experience” – that is how Jon Anderson Edwards introduced himself on a ‘workaway’ information website, which he last logged into on 12 September, just before he went missing in the Algarve.
Portuguese police are helping worried parents and friends in trying to locate the 30-year-old Scotsman who left his Lagos apartment on September 15, leaving behind his passport, clothes and mobile phone.
His disappearance was of all the more concern because he seemed very happy working as a chef in a Lagos café but had to take a few days off after falling and hitting his head while out drinking one night. It was while recovering from the fall that he disappeared without telling his employer or friends in Lagos.
In his website post, Jon went on to say: “I am a very hard worker and would be willing to turn my hand to most tasks, or even learn new skills that could benefit both myself and the host. I have no problem with long hours or physically arduous jobs, I actually really enjoy throwing myself fully into a project because of the satisfaction that it brings to be part of something.
“I am not looking for a free holiday though, I am looking for challenges, experiences, meeting people I would otherwise have never met.
“I want to see as much of the world as possible while I’m still (fairly) young and will work my hind legs off in doing so :)
He has already travelled widely in the world but he would not have had to travel far to join another workaway community. One such community in the Algarve advertised for a chef on September 7, but it has been established he is not there. There are thought to be many other workaway or wwoofing places in the region.
Jon’s mother, Lesley Edwards, and his sister, Kenna Balion, flew out from Scotland to put up posters and help the search for him. They are both back home now, anxiously awaiting news.
Anyone with information about Jon, should contact the Polícia Judiciária on +351 282 405 400
Follow Len’s Blog at Portugal Newswatch
By LEN PORT''

The Sun

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member