GUILTY TX - Dwayne, 50, & Valerie Jackson, 40, & six kids slain, Houston, 8 Aug 2015 *arrest*

Hi Bessie-I made 2 threads by accident-sorry-could you delete one ? Thanks.

The violence and the taking of human life in this country is horrible to witness. Our country needs a lot of prayer. People seem to be falling apart at an alarmingly and increasingly fast rate and acting out violently.

I don't know what to say.......it's too much.

I took care of it.

WTH will the story behind this be? Five children! Horrible!

Thanks Bessie dear.

I cannot imagine what makes a person go crazy and kill children........what is weird is that there was a SWAT standoff and the perp surrendered finally-unlike other situations where the murderer kills him/her self.
Mental health crisis going on? Or lack of empathy for human life?

It is a developing story-here's one update:
http://abc13.com/news/eight-people-found-dead-inside-nw-harris-co-home/914922/

""It's a hard job being a patrolman in this town, and our deputies do a yeoman's job every day, but when they're forced to see some of the most horrific things along this nature, especially of children, and someone so callous could do something like this to children - we have our family assistance coming out to talk to our deputies and help them decompress," said Gilliland."

also-photos of suspect:

http://www.khou.com/story/news/crim...home--falling-oaks--n-harris-county/31366765/

Deputy Thomas Gilliland, spokesman for the Harris County Sheriff's Office, identified David Conley as a suspect in the case. Gilliland said relationship between the suspect and the victims is unclear. Investigators are also still trying to determine how they were killed...

Conley was arrested earlier this month for allegedly slamming the head of a woman into a refrigerator at the same Falling Oaks Drive address as where the bodies were discovered. Court papers state that on July he intentionally harmed Valerie Jackson, who he was dating at the time. It was the second time he was charged in a family violence case...

She said Child Protective Services has been previously called to the house, and at least once seized custody of children living there. Mercado and other neighbors said the children could often be seen running around outside without supervision, the toddlers without diapers.
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...hildren-three-adults-shot-dead-in-6433574.php

To me it seems like if the authorities had acted when they should have this tragedy would have been averted. Any thoughts on this?

Is Valerie Jackson among the dead?

"....Conley was arrested earlier this month for allegedly slamming the head of a woman into a refrigerator at the same Falling Oaks Drive address as where the bodies were discovered. Court papers state that on July he intentionally harmed Valerie Jackson, who he was dating at the time.
The July attack began after Jacksons' 10-year-old son came in from the park after dark. Conley allegedly told her, "that if she did not discipline her son, he was going to do it himself," court records state. He then allegedly grabbed a belt, but Jackson took it from his hands. In the resulting scuffle, Conley pushed her head into the refrigerator multiple times.
In 2013 he was convicted of assulating Jackson, and got nine months in jail. In that case, she received an emergecny protective order prohibiting Conely from contacting her.
Conley also has a prior conviction in 2002 for felony retaliation and in 1994 for possession of a controlled substance, among many other charges...." bbm
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...hildren-three-adults-shot-dead-in-6433574.php
Aug. 9.

To me it seems like if the authorities had acted when they should have this tragedy would have been averted. Any thoughts on this?

When they should have, referring to one of these or something else?
- Initial welfare call ~9:00, gunshots ~10:00. (If MSM gave arrival time of SWAT-type, I missed it.)
- Multiple prior arrests, convictions, prot. orders, CPS?

"... said Mercado, who got home around 10 p.m. Saturday when she heard gunshots." bbm. from above link

Suspect charged with capital murder in death of 5 children, 3 adults

The man accused in the murderous rampage that left five children and three adults dead inside a northwest Harris County home climbed through an open window, tied everyone up and shot each one in the head, according to prosecutors.

"He restrained, shot and killed eight people," Celeste Byrom, an assistant district attorney said during a brief court hearing in which David Ray Conley III, 49, who is charged with multiple counts of capital murder, was ordered held without bail.

One of the dead, Valerie Jackson, had recently changed the locks, but Conley was still able to get inside the home as a window had been left unlocked, according to the prosecutor. The charging documents identify four of the victims: Valerie Jackson, Jonah Jackson, 6, Trinity Jackson and Nathaniel Conley. Authorities said her 50-year-old husband Dwayne Jackson was among the dead.

Eight people are dead, including six children. The killer is David Conley, who was arrested after he surrendered to police.

Poor kids !!!!!
And without more info I am saddened for the loss of the three adults, as well. Sounds like this perp was hell-bent on some sort of revenge ?
TX has the death penalty... hope they speed it up for this monster. :(
Just want justice for the lives that Conley had no right to take !
:moo:

www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/8-found-dead-including-5-children-after-stand-harris-county-n406636

Officers were then able to enter the house, at which point they discovered the eight bodies. In addition to Valerie Jackson, 40, they were identified Sunday as Dwayne Jackson, 50, and six children, ages 6 to 13.

Homicide detectives have taken control of the scene. Gilliland said the number of victims means "we will be here for quite a while."

So there were 6 children and two adults , from this link.
Thoughts and sympathies to their loved ones and also to the homicide detectives and first reponders -- what an awful job they have ! :(
:moo:

I thought I read APD scheduled presser at 3:00 TX time tdy, but not finding it.
Looks like Elphaba's link to ^wusa was out before th scheduled presser time. Anyone locate vid or transcript? Thx in adv.

I feel so sorry for the family and for the detectives. They have to see a dead 6 yr old, and innocent siblings, laid out like that? It is disgusting and I hope this guy has a miserable life in prison. :jail:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back