Singer Annie Lennox daughter in kayak accident on Hudson

CocoChanel

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tist-s-boyfriend-missing-capsized-Hudson.htmlx

The daughter of former Eurthymics lead singer and famed solo star Annie Lennox, capsized while kayaking on the Hudson River yesterday. 22-year old Tali Lennox, along with her boyfriend 32-year old photographer Ian Jones, were on the river when the kayak they were in flipped. Tali was rescued unharmed, but Ian Jones, her boyfriend, has not been found. Apparently neither of them were wearing life jackets. Sounds eerily similar to a case here from several months ago, and actually happened about 60 miles away. I am not suggesting anything nefarious happened here. Instead, it might add some credibilty to the claims of the accused in the other case? At any rate, I hope Mr. Jones will be found soon.

Officials Suspend Search for Ian Jones, Tali Lennox’s Boyfriend, After a Body Is Found

10LENNOXWEB-master675.jpg

The search for Ian Jones, 32, the artist and model whose kayak capsized in the Hudson River near Staatsburg, N.Y., on Saturday morning has been suspended, following the discovery of a male body matching Mr. Jones’s description in the Hudson near the Poughkeepsie Yacht Club on Monday afternoon. An official identification has not been made, pending an autopsy scheduled for Tuesday, according to a statement from Capt. John Watterson of the Dutchess County sheriff’s office.

'My heart is shattered... but I know he is so, so happy I was rescued': Annie Lennox's daughter Tali pays tribute to her boyfriend after a body was pulled from the Hudson River

Tali Lennox, 22, and Ian Jones, 32, were on Hudson River on Saturday

Kayak flipped close to Staatsburg, about 100 miles north of New York

Body was found at noon on Monday on third day of search for missing man

Search was suspended as 'body matched Jones's description', police said

Tali posted heartbroken message on Instagram, in honour of her boyfriend

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-body-pulled-Hudson-River.html#ixzz3iYfjlinN

Not to sound insensitive, but am not understanding why no life jackets are being worn when going out in the water. Is this typical?

We have a canoe and we wear life jackets.
It is always a good idea to wear a life jacket.
IMOO.

Not to sound insensitive, but am not understanding why no life jackets are being worn when going out in the water. Is this typical?

Honestly some people just don't use common sense in these type of things. Who knows why. Sad all around. I had a good friend who went rafting and had a bad feeling before leaving for the trip. She wore a life jacket and still died when her raft capsized.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back