NY - Donald Lee-Edwards accused of impersonating a medical doctor and psychologist

zwiebel

Reaction score
A 'doctor' with no medical qualifications whatsoever has been arrested in Richmond County, New York.

He is "a dangerous scam artist who never completed any medical school or doctoral program. He merely bestowed upon himself the professional titles of clinical psychologist and medical doctor," said Daniel Master Jr., Richmond County district attorney.

According to authorities, Lee-Edwards said he worked "extensively with family members and victims of 9/11" and made himself available for home visits. In June, the district attorney's office was notified of his practice after skeptical patients complained of his unorthodox bedside manner and his prescription methods.

Lee-Edwards is held on $150,000 bond and is due back in court in September.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/14/us/new-yorker-doctor-fake/

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-15-21-37-53-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-15-21-37-53-1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 43
Thank you mod. I like your title much better. :)

I feel guilty as this isn't 'my' story. It came from a poster who doesn't know how to post threads yet, and gave me a heads up. Not sure if they want me to acknowledge them though. If so, please step forward!

I feel guilty as this isn't 'my' story. It came from a poster who doesn't know how to post threads yet, and gave me a heads up. Not sure if they want me to acknowledge them though. If so, please step forward!

Stepping forward, guilty. LOL!

I can't believe this can happen. So he took co-pays only and no insurance. And the MD whose name was being used was never notified (not that there were any red flags). I think a monthly report of all p'scripts should be sent to all MD's for scanning and reconciliation so perps such as this can be caught immediately. Too many of these "Catch Me if You Can" cases. We need safeguards.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back