Age now: 75
Race: White male
Hair color: Brown
Eyes Color: Brown
Height: 73.0
Weight: 160.0
Scars and Marks: Scars on left forearm

thumb_30542.jpeg

Gary Vaughn Sizemore was last seen on January 1, 1979 in Hawthorne, California.

Anyone that has seen or may know the whereabouts of Sizemore is asked to contact Hawthorne Police Department, Detective Robinson.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/17636

The wanted poster cites eyes hazel; Namus cites brown eyes; if the infos in Namus not are wrong, not think it's the same person.

Him and the wanted poster match up to me. Age, demos and scar of left arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 Unidentified Person Exclusions
UP6702 07/01/1979 Augusta VA
UP6481 04/14/1982 Orange VA
UP6640 08/30/1984 New Kent VA
UP6474 05/12/1990 Prince William VA
UP6637 10/07/2006 Fairfax VA

Now this case is in Doe Network

5026DMCA - Gary Vaughn Sizemore

5026DMCA - Gary Vaughn Sizemore
5026DMCA.jpg

Name: Gary Vaughn Sizemore
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: January 1, 1979
Location Last Seen: Hawthorne, Los Angeles County, California

Physical Description
Date of Birth: February 1, 1940
Race: White
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 160 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on left forearm.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Gary Sizemore was last seen on January 1,1979 in Hawthorne, CA.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Hawthorne Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Det. Robinson
Agency Phone Number: 310-349-2820
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 1114581

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 17636

Information Source(s)
NamUs
California Department of Justice

You are you registered on the Namus site? Do you have a profile? Why if I open the link I can't see the excluded, maybe only those who have a profile on Namus can see them.
Yes, you do have to register on NamUs in order to see the list of exclusions. I have no clue why though :/

The link is off, probable not is the same person.

The link is off because it is now 4 years old. However, I attach an image of the FBI poster. I think there is little doubt it is the same man. Firstly the name matches, not just first and surname but also middle name - an unusual combination. Secondly, the poster picture of him is remarkably similar to the picture on this site (minus the moustache). Thirdly, the other features also match (age, height, scar). I note your comment about the eyes in a previous post. Hazel is a shade of brown and hazel eyes are often listed as brown.

Sizemore seems to have been a significant criminal. A 1970 report from the Fort Lauderdale News reads;
"In Bahama Case Benny Ray Taylor, 33, of Hollywood, pleaded guilty yesterday to transporting $329,000 in stolen cash, blank checks and jewels from the Bahamas to South Florida. At the same time, Taylor's red-haired wife, Sherry, and two South Florida men, William Carpenter and John Hallett, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court, Miami, to conspiring to have the loot transported. No date was set for sentencing. Taylor had been accused of taking part in robberies at the Barclays Bank, Royal Bank of Canada and the' Ginza Jewelry Shop, all in Freeport, in 1969 and early this year. Charges are still pending against three other persons in connection with the robberies. They are George Brummett of Miami who was apprehended in Kentucky, George Traber, 37, of Miami Beach-and Shirley Sizemore of Miami. Mrs'. Sizemore's husband, Gary Vaughn Sizemore, is still being sought by the FBI. During one of the robberies, the bandits held police at gunpoint, took one officer hostage and wounded a civilian."
I also attach a clipping from the Miami News about the same case.

Attachments

• sizemore.jpg
    sizemore.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 30
  • sizemore2.jpg
    sizemore2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
The link is off because it is now 4 years old. However, I attach an image of the FBI poster. I think there is little doubt it is the same man. Firstly the name matches, not just first and surname but also middle name - an unusual combination. Secondly, the poster picture of him is remarkably similar to the picture on this site (minus the moustache). Thirdly, the other features also match (age, height, scar). I note your comment about the eyes in a previous post. Hazel is a shade of brown and hazel eyes are often listed as brown.

Sizemore seems to have been a significant criminal. A 1970 report from the Fort Lauderdale News reads;
"In Bahama Case Benny Ray Taylor, 33, of Hollywood, pleaded guilty yesterday to transporting $329,000 in stolen cash, blank checks and jewels from the Bahamas to South Florida. At the same time, Taylor's red-haired wife, Sherry, and two South Florida men, William Carpenter and John Hallett, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court, Miami, to conspiring to have the loot transported. No date was set for sentencing. Taylor had been accused of taking part in robberies at the Barclays Bank, Royal Bank of Canada and the' Ginza Jewelry Shop, all in Freeport, in 1969 and early this year. Charges are still pending against three other persons in connection with the robberies. They are George Brummett of Miami who was apprehended in Kentucky, George Traber, 37, of Miami Beach-and Shirley Sizemore of Miami. Mrs'. Sizemore's husband, Gary Vaughn Sizemore, is still being sought by the FBI. During one of the robberies, the bandits held police at gunpoint, took one officer hostage and wounded a civilian."
I also attach a clipping from the Miami News about the same case.

Ok I still can't convince myself that he is the wanted person, points of view;) can I ask you a favor? Can you enlarge the post with its data even more to read what's written without losing the image quality? I clicked on the image and I can't read what is written on it. Thanks Alb1on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back