Hostage Rescued after 9 months in Iraq!!!!

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Praise the Lord!!!

Coalition Forces Rescue U.S. Hostage
By SINAN SALAHEDDIN, Associated Press Writer

Coalition forces acting on a tip from an Iraqi detainee Wednesday rescued American hostage Roy Hallums from an isolated farm house south of Baghdad, a military statement said. An Iraqi also was rescued.

The 57-year-old contractor, formerly of Newport Beach, Calif., had been held since being kidnapped at gunpoint from his office in Baghdad's Mansour district on Nov. 1.

"Hallums is in good condition and is receiving medical care," the military said.

He was held in a farmhouse 15 miles south of Baghdad, the statement said, adding that rescuers were tipped to his whereabouts by an unidentified Iraqi detainee.

"I want to thank all of those who were involved in my rescue — to those who continuously tracked my captors and location, and to those who physically brought me freedom today," Hallums said in the military statement.

"To all of you, I will be forever grateful. Both of us are in good health and look forward to returning to our respective families. Thank you to all who kept me and my family in their thoughts and prayers."

The identity of the freed Iraqi man was not released.

Dark Knight said:
Praise the Lord!!!

Coalition Forces Rescue U.S. Hostage
By SINAN SALAHEDDIN, Associated Press Writer

Coalition forces acting on a tip from an Iraqi detainee Wednesday rescued American hostage Roy Hallums from an isolated farm house south of Baghdad, a military statement said. An Iraqi also was rescued.

The 57-year-old contractor, formerly of Newport Beach, Calif., had been held since being kidnapped at gunpoint from his office in Baghdad's Mansour district on Nov. 1.

"Hallums is in good condition and is receiving medical care," the military said.

He was held in a farmhouse 15 miles south of Baghdad, the statement said, adding that rescuers were tipped to his whereabouts by an unidentified Iraqi detainee.

"I want to thank all of those who were involved in my rescue — to those who continuously tracked my captors and location, and to those who physically brought me freedom today," Hallums said in the military statement.

"To all of you, I will be forever grateful. Both of us are in good health and look forward to returning to our respective families. Thank you to all who kept me and my family in their thoughts and prayers."

The identity of the freed Iraqi man was not released.
I saw this on our local new this morning and couldn't believe it. Thanks for posting the print version. DK.

:clap: :woohoo: :clap:
Great news, thanks for posting it DK!!! :blowkiss:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member