NamUs UP Case 13426
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/13426

Unidentified White Female
* Found November 29, 2001 on open desert, in Ocotillo, CA
* Estimated Year of Death: 2000 - 2001

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: 25-38 years old
* Approximate Height: 60' estimated
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair.
* Dentals: Available
* Clothing/Jewelry:
"Cambridge Classic" kahki pants size 30x30, "Haynes" black waist band red jockey shorts underwear, "Rawlings" mid length nylon shorts size large, yellow and white sock, red and white sock, and black belt with chrome buckle
* DNA: Available, Not yet submitted.

Case History
Partially skeletal remains of white female were found in open desert in the city of Ocotillo.

Namus says she had a pack of "Deligados" cigarettes -- I'm willing to bet it's Delicados, a Mexican cigarette brand that has some following in the US http://www.vip-cigarette.com/delicados-cigarettes-c-207_250.html I found some online references to "deligados" but they appear to be a similar misspelling.

Probable immigrant irregular? Perhaps want to pass secretly did the border but it is died in the desert for dehydration and hunger?

Probable immigrant irregular? Perhaps want to pass secretly did the border but it is died in the desert for dehydration and hunger?

Possibly, yes.

I'm guessing English isn't your native language? We'd usually say "she" instead of "it." I've been noticing your posts on other threads -- you've done some nice work already. Welcome to Websleuths.

I'm Italian...Sorry for my bad few english...Thank you for your compliments, I try to do my best to help you forum members!;)

I'm Italian...Sorry for my bad few english...Thank you for your compliments, I try to do my best to help you forum members!;)

No apologies necessary. I'll be the first to admit that I screw up English, and I'm from the USA. CB was asking, like I wanted to do lol. Welcome to WS. :)

No updates. I notice that she doesn't have any identifiers -- no DNA, no dentals, no fingerprints.

I don’t think so.

Though the line between Mediterranean completed whites and light completed Hispanics can get blurry, local examiners would be familiar with Hispanic features. They identified her as ‘white’. Likewise, though there are whites illegally crossing the border, they are rare in that area.

Then factor in that the body was found in November. The weather is cooler at this time leading to significantly less deaths among illegal crossers. The immediate area is not high desert, so winter exposure is not a danger.

As a side note, the immediate area, and the small towns further west locally had / have a bad reputation for being a vacation spot of sorts for a certain amount of urban San Diego’s outcasts (Interstate allows easy access back to San Diego) including violent criminals, drug users, and drug sellers seeking to "hide / hang out" temporarily. This is in addition to a certain number of unsavory locals that all areas have. If the poor girl was associated with the transient population, she would probably not be missed locally.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back