Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Deorr Kunz Jr.
Deorr-Kunz-Jr-jpg.jpg

Missing two year old in Lemhi County
Search crews are looking for a missing two year old boy who was camping with his family in the Leadore area.

Family members say Deorr Kunz Jr. was camping yesterday afternoon at the Timber Creek Campground at Stone Reservoir when he was reported missing.

He was last seen wearing a camo jacket, blue sweatpants and camo cowboy boots.

There is no official word from yet from The Lemhi County Sheriff's Office or Salmon Search & Rescue of organized searches for the weekend. We'll update search information as it's released.
http://m.localnews8.com/news/Missing-two-year-old-in-Lemhi-County/34110688

Chief deputy on missing boy's family: 'They're solid
KTVB, KTVB.COM 2:14 p.m. MDT July 16, 2015

[...]
"We've interviewed the family, and the information they've provided us - my office, myself - we're good with that," he said. "And I know there's a lot of innuendo out on social media and a lot of stuff going out there and it would be nice if it would stop and let them have a little peace. They're solid."

NamUs MP 29726

Case Map

ID - Deorr Kunz Jr, 2 yr old -- Media,Timelines and Maps **NO DISCUSSION"

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8

Hi all!

Okay - I have changed the Timeline to read they arrived at camp site on Thursday night, about 9:30pm. I will send the whole thing to Bessie, so she can post it on the Timeline, no discussion thread. If you "see" something that is incorrect - please point it out, with a link!

:tyou: in advance!

I don't know kiddo. It looks pretty clear to me.

We lived on a lake and the water was so clear we could see all the way to the bottom except in the middle where it was so deep.

We would watch minnows and blue gill. It was so interesting to the kiddos.

My point in all this is if this reservoir is clear and shallow..say 5ft deep they could almost look for a child in the water.

They spent a lot of days searching that reservoir and even with the problem of the cremains and the dogs I truly believe if that reservoir was their true belief in what happened to little DeOrr they would still be there.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

A dog can be trained to track anything including ashes.

I think they are looking for a missing child , not cremation residue.

These were cadaver dogs being trained; therefore, one would assume that cadaver dogs are capable of hitting on cremains if they're being trained with them.

The scent dogs would be looking for the missing child. The cadaver dogs would be looking for a deceased person.

Furthermore , the (creek) search should start as far as possible downstream , then systematically work upstream toward the campground , that way the water remains clear .... otherwise mud and silt and debris and sticks and leaves will be stirred up and hide everything.

If I was there searching I would begin a mile downstream and methodically work toward the campsite. That is the most logical place for the child to be.

There are other possibilities , but not nearly as logical.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that.

While I'm doing screen shots I thought I would include this one from the video of the campground. That is a REALLY steep embankment. I can't imagine DeOrr even attempting it in those over sized boots.
embankmenttocreek.jpg

If you listen to the unedited version it seems the sheriff said that the 2 dogs that went there initially went from the campground to the reservoir then back to the campground. A couple of days later they brought cadaver dogs and they kept hitting on the reservoir so that is when they did a more extensive search of the reservoir. The cremains were deposited after the initial search on Friday, i believe. What is weird is that now he is saying grandpa thought the baby went over the embankment. Really? So, he cant run without his oxygen, i would guess and so what did he do? Just sit there and pretend there was no missing child? I think that is, by FAR the oddest part of the interview. JMO

BBM
I totally agree. My jaw was clenched hearing the part about GGP thinking he 'went over the bank' .... I am thinking AND...and what did you do next? Call for help, did you call his name, go follow him and call him back?

Earlier we heard GGP had thought the baby had gone to his parents. How can you think that if the parents had been gone for 10 minutes already? Is a 2 yr old capable of finding someone in the woods? ugh

I'd really like a link to the RIGHT reservoir so I can zoom in on it and hopefully see clear water.

TIA

Sorry it's just bugging me.

I don't know kiddo. It looks pretty clear to me.

We lived on a lake and the water was so clear we could see all the way to the bottom except in the middle where it was so deep.

We would watch minnows and blue gill. It was so interesting to the kiddos.

My point in all this is if this reservoir is clear and shallow..say 5ft deep they could almost look for a child in the water.

They spent a lot of days searching that reservoir and even with the problem of the cremains and the dogs I truly believe if that reservoir was their true belief in what happened to little DeOrr they would still be there.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I have a memory of someone here stating the bed of this reservoir has a substantial silt layer? Granted, it has been searched extensively but in the back of my mind I have the Alice Gross case.

Just thinking outside of the box...

BBM
I totally agree. My jaw was clenched hearing the part about GGP thinking he 'went over the bank' .... I am thinking AND...and what did you do next? Call for help, did you call his name, go follow him and call him back?

Earlier we heard GGP had thought the baby had gone to his parents. How can you think that if the parents had been gone for 10 minutes already? Is a 2 yr old capable of finding someone in the woods? ugh

You know what, I got the impression from the interview, that the parents had also been down over the bank toward the creek. Did anyone else hear that, or was it just me?

I'd really like a link to the RIGHT reservoir so I can zoom in on it and hopefully see clear water.

TIA

Sorry it's just bugging me.
Search Stone Reservoir, Leadore Idaho.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

After I saw the edited video today, I was suspicious of IR because he lauded the other 3 as being cooperative and truthful. Then the reporter asked specifically about IR, and the sheriff said he felt IR was being "very truthful."

BUT, I just noticed in the unedited interview, the reporter asks about IR first! Did they purposely show that clip out of order, and if so, for what purpose?

Did Isaac take a mountain bike on the camping trip? Through social media I've noticed he's into bikes.

So day one, the 2 tracker dogs went from the campground to the reservoir and back.

Then later when they brought in cadaver dogs, they found interest in the reservoir.

When were the cremains dumped? If the first dogs tracked to the reservoir and the cremains had not yet been dumped, then I think they had reason.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member