I know this is a really small loss

Reaction score
compared to eveyone elses. My partner lost his father when he was a baby in the Korean War. He never knew what happened and posted on a Korean War site asking if anyone knew his father, knew what happened etc. This was several years ago. A few days before the hurricaine hit he received an email from someone from just north of new orleans.....he knew his dad and was with him when he was killed. He left his phone number. The only person in years responds and now he can't get in touch.....maybe he isn't meant to know.....isn't this all soooo ironic?

I am so sorry to hear that! :( That is very ironic, and I sincerely hope once more things start getting more organized in NO, your partner will be able to reach this person. Have you googled the email address or phone number? Maybe you can find other contact numbers or more information on this person. Good luck!!

Wow. That is bizarre. I'd keep trying though.

We are waiting for things to calm down.

Of all places for this person to live. His father's body wasn't returned for several years and no one in the family actually saw his body so there was always this doubt and his grandmother died not believing he was really dead even though the military said .... so there was doubt. We have the government version but he wants to talk to someone that was there....so he can know what happened over 50 years ago....and he never knew his father so he was excited to be able to talk to someone. You know we southerns don't trust the govment.....don't care who is running it democrat or republican

I read in an article that they are setting up a voicemail drop for affected numbers so that people can still be contacted, maybe try ringing & see if it is one that has been set up?

Good luck, I hope you can get in touch with the person.

I don't think is a small thing and I hope you all get back in touch soon..

This just illustrates how this tragedy affects everyone in so many ways.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back