GUILTY TX - Body of Julie Mott, 25, still missing from mortuary, 15 Aug 2015

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
San Antonio Express-News:

Police: Woman's body stolen from casket in San Antonio

SAN ANTONIO — Investigators are scouring the city for any clue that could lead them to the body of a 25-year-old woman that was stolen from a funeral home on the Northwest Side last week.
---
“In my 22 years in law enforcement this is the first time I have ever heard of this happening,” San Antonio Police Department Sgt. Javier Salazar said.
---
“It would be speculation to even assume that it was just one person. It could have been two or several,” he said. “Until we get that crucial piece of evidence leading us to just the right person or people, we just won’t know.”

Mission Park Funeral Chapels owner Robert Tips said authorities believe the individual responsible for the theft may have an ideological opposition to the cremation process, as opposed to traditional burial.

“We feel very strongly that there’s a difference of opinion there,” he said.
---
Daily Mail:

Twenty-five-year-old Texas woman's body stolen HOURS after her memorial service

more with pictures at links above

I was just reading this and came to start a thread. Is that not wild Woofy???

I was just reading this and came to start a thread. Is that not wild Woofy???
Very.

Will be interesting to see if "opposition to cremation" conjecture holds up, or if this is a case of something even more nefarious.

Thanks for posting this, wf! I read about this earlier and thought "what the hell?"!

Anyway, I couldn't get the above link to work so here's one from our friends at the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...just-HOURS-memorial-service-funeral-home.html

Eta....sorry WF....I just noticed you had already posted the DM link. I wasn't able to open the San Antonio link. Anyway....thanks for being so quick as usual!

Thanks for posting this, wf! I read about this earlier and thought "what the hell?"!

Anyway, I couldn't get the above link to work so here's one from our friends at the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...just-HOURS-memorial-service-funeral-home.html

Eta....sorry WF....I just noticed you had already posted the DM link. I wasn't able to open the San Antonio link. Anyway....thanks for being so quick as usual!
Ex-News one working okay for me but did take a bit to open at first -- site has changed layout recently and some links a bit sluggish still. It does feature a video of Sgt. Salazar's statement about the case.

A $20,000 reward is being offered after someone stole the remains of 25-year-old Julie Mott from Mission Park Funeral Chapels North in San Antonio, Texas.

A funeral was held for the young woman, who died of cystic fibrosis, August 15 and police believe someone stole her remains after it ended but before the chapel was locked up for the night, as there was no sign of a break-in.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/23/us/texas-missing-remains/

A grieving family is seeking closure after someone stole their petite daughter's body out of her casket at a Texas funeral home before she could be cremated following her funeral service.
Julie Mott died earlier this month from cystic fibrosis and the 25-year-old's body was stolen after her funeral service last Saturday at the Mission Park North Funeral Chapel in San Antonio.
The funeral was held on what would have been the young woman's 26th birthday.

Who does this? Why would someone want the girls body? Someone would have to be pretty twisted to steal a body.

I just read this on the internet!

So sad... So bizarre... And so puzzling!

:waitasec:

No, she had not been cremated yet, nor embombded.. her body was locked in casket in funeral home and about 430, according to funeral home, someone broke in door and jimmied her casket open and took her out the back door.. she was too be cremated the next day. So sad so sick. And omg my heart breaks for this family. If you read this I'm so sorry and I hope u get peace.

They are looking into leads and do have person of interest. Also family said there was a person obsessed with her that had been calling sending text etc up until her death. And was at funeral.

I am going to guess the obsessed person had something to do with this..But UGH!

Attachments

• 24017834_137916556624.jpg
    24017834_137916556624.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 361
I know this may be way off the beaten path of thinking, but college kids are heading into their dorms....could this have been a hazing/plebe thing? I have heard of many in past very horrendous, just a thought....IMHO

They have not found her body yet??? Without embalming a body, I suppose, decomp would set in pretty fast.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back