CO - Lorraine Johnson, 48, shot to death, Aurora, 12 June 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A 14-year-old girl intent on recording her father's threats instead captured her mother's last conscious moments.

Her digital audio recording was played in a hushed Arapahoe County District courtroom Wednesday before a judge ordered Eddie Johnson to stand trial for the first- degree murder of his wife, Lorraine Johnson.

Judge Marilyn Leonard said Lorraine Johnson died after a "petty" and "childish" argument involving her husband's missing iPod and her missing passport.
http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4064098,00.html

mysteriew said:
A 14-year-old girl intent on recording her father's threats instead captured her mother's last conscious moments.

Her digital audio recording was played in a hushed Arapahoe County District courtroom Wednesday before a judge ordered Eddie Johnson to stand trial for the first- degree murder of his wife, Lorraine Johnson.

Judge Marilyn Leonard said Lorraine Johnson died after a "petty" and "childish" argument involving her husband's missing iPod and her missing passport.
http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4064098,00.html
wow, that is messed up :(
the poor daughters :(

So if it had to be played in court... was the dad pleading not guilty? :slap:

Casshew said:
So if it had to be played in court... was the dad pleading not guilty? :slap:

It doesn't say in the article, but I believe it may have been an arraignment hearing. The judge ordered the defendent to stand trial. He wouldn't offer a plea until the trial actually starts.

Those poor girls... I truely hope this ba$tard gets what he deserves !

he is in court today 17/10/05 he is charged with first degree murder .hope he gets life with no chance of getting out:behindbar .may he suffer the way the family of lorraine are suffering

The 14 yo had a bat and said she was going to kill him when the police arrived.

Then when the guy was arrested they said he just stretched out with his legs across the seat. Cold blooded.

he has now put in a plea of not guilty.how can he do that thay got him on tape killing her,or don't that mean anything.he is as guilty as hell:furious: :furious:

chelseaboy said:
he has now put in a plea of not guilty.how can he do that thay got him on tape killing her,or don't that mean anything.he is as guilty as hell:furious: :furious:

Not guilty is just a plea. If he pleads guilty then there is no hope for a plea bargain, no hope of entanglements of whether his rights were properly read.
Many who actually give confessions will enter a not guilty plea for trial. While this is strong evidence for trial, there are still other battles that can be fought (like whether this is admissible evidence). So he enters a not guilty, and hopes for a plea offer with acceptable terms- ie no death penalty, maybe or fewer years of incarceration.

i hope he dont get any sort of deal & he should stay behind bars till he is dead i'm sorry for the way that sounds but i have a good reason for saying this lorraine was my aunt

chelseaboy said:
i hope he dont get any sort of deal & he should stay behind bars till he is dead i'm sorry for the way that sounds but i have a good reason for saying this lorraine was my aunt

Chelseaboy, I am so sorry! I am sorry for your loss, and so sorry for the additional pain you will have to go through as this case goes to court.

Hon, the legal process is complicated and geared a lot toward protecting the suspect's rights. The defense attorney's job is to try to come up with any reason at all to try to keep his client from being convicted. And while the prosecutions job is to try to get him convicted, they have the additional burden of trying to make sure that the suspects are not trampled in the meantime, so that the case isn't lost in appeal.
Try not to be too suprised at what the defense will do to try to keep him from being convicted. And always keep in mind, that just because he tries something (for example, trying to keep info out of court) that doesn't mean he will be successful.
A trial is long, and can be very traumatic to the family. It may be full of ups and downs. But eventually they will get to the end. So hang in there, feel free to come here if you need to celebrate, to express your frustration, or to vent.
Again, let me tell you how sorry I am for this tragedy that has happened to your aunt and your family.
Also, how is your cousin doing? This has got to be so hard on her.

eddie johnson is going on trial on 2/8/2006 or for usa users 8/2/2006 lol.he has pleaded not guilty yet again in his last court date so the trial is now on that date.i hope that the court in denver will give out the justice that the family wishes to be given out atleast 30 years behind bars:behindbar .if it was down to me it would be death he took away my aunt

chelseaboy said:
eddie johnson is going on trial on 2/8/2006 or for usa users 8/2/2006 lol.he has pleaded not guilty yet again in his last court date so the trial is now on that date.i hope that the court in denver will give out the justice that the family wishes to be given out atleast 30 years behind bars:behindbar .if it was down to me it would be death he took away my aunt

Cheseaboy, we will be thinking of you and your family during this difficult time. I know the outcome of the trial will not bring your aunt back, but the satisfaction of knowing that justice is served may help this family to heal at least. I feel for your cousin as she was witness to this horrific event. If you are able to keep us up to date on the trial, we would appreciate it. Just know we are all thinking of you and wishing you all a day when you will be able to be put some closure on the person who did this.

chesleaboy,

I am so sorry for your loss.

The justice system can be very frustrating and can take a long time. Hang in there and understand that everyone involved wants to make sure they do things right the first time so they don't have to do it over again on appeal.

In my experience, (in AZ), most trial dates are "soft" which means they will be continued several times before an actual trial is held. Our homicide cases are taking 2-3 years to get throught the system and our capital cases are now averaging 4 yrs.

I really hope you get the justice you are looking for.

AZ

thank you all for your kind words.i will keep you all upto date with what is going on in the trial .thank you all

chelseaboy said:
thank you all for your kind words.i will keep you all upto date with what is going on in the trial .thank you all

I just wanted to say too that I'm so sorry about what happend to your aunt. Murder is a horrible thing to try and cope with because it is so senseless. I'm glad that they caught the killer right away. I'll never understand why these things happen but they do...a lot...as you can tell from this web site. My heart goes out to your aunts kids and to you and your family.

Like someone else said...don't be surprised if the trial isn't postphoned a few times. It seems to be par for the course. The defense likes to drag things out as long as possible unless that killer has told his attorney that he just wants to get it over with...now. For all of your sakes I hope the trial goes according to the date already set.

Do your cousins have someone to live with that will love them and give them a good life? They are going to need to get into therapy if they aren't already. That is really important for their mental health. Poor kids having to go through something horrible like that. That little 14 yr old has one heck of a lot of courage in my book anyway. I can't blame her for wanting to bash her dad's brains in. She must have seen him abuse her mom a lot. I hope that tape is allowed into the trial. After her having the courage to tape everything it should be allowed.

You, the kids, and your family will be in my prayers. It is just a shame that your aunt lost her life like this. I hope they give the creep life without parole.

hi all just to let you know that eddie johnson was given life today for the murder of my aunt my he rot in hell.thank you all for your kind words & surport:dance:

I am glad to hear that he will be locked away forever.

May you and yours all find some solice in that:)

<HUGS> to you Chelseaboy. I am glad that justice was carried out today. I am so terribly sorry for all you and your family have gone through. I can't even begin to imagine what this must have been like for all of you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Chelseaboy. I am so glad that justice was served for your Aunt and hope her family can begin to heal.:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back