Distinguishing Characteristics: Long straight hair; Tattoo,
Lower Back, flower and "Riley", Tattoo, Back Neck, "Riley", Tattoo,
Ankle Left Leg, clover and heart, Tattoo, Ankle Right Leg, angel
Medical Conditions: Ms. Coleman suffers from health-related issues
Clothing: Personal items: Green duffle bag and Black/Grey/White
backpack
Case Number: 20120020OPP

Details of Disappearance
She was last seen in Barrie, Ontario in August 2011 and has not had contact with her family or friends since January 3, 2012".

http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/opp-search-property-in-nottawa-for-missing-kelly-coleman-1.2673063
Nov. 24th, 2015

This is the first extensive search of the property, but police won't say if the focus here comes as a result of a specific tip.

"Once we get a case of this nature, there's many different aspect that we look at and different techniques that we use and this is just part of that process," says OPP Const. Mark Kinney.

Police dogs and a drone were used to survey the entire property. Stubbs spent some time at the search, holding photos and hoping for news.

"Since we don't really know if she's alive or not, today will hopefully bring closure if she is gone and if she is out there, hopefully she will hear this and contact one of us,” Stubbs said while fighting through tears. “She was just the best big sister, and I miss her, and I want to know if she's okay."

Dec 20, 2018

VIDEO: Police appeal for information relating to 2011 missing person investigation - BarrieToday.com
"Continued efforts to locate Kelly included numerous media releases, the posting of a large billboard on Highway 26 between Wasaga Beach and Collingwood profiling details of the case as well as a $50,000 reward.

In a further effort to solve Kelly's disappearance, the OPP has issued a video on social media hoping to jog people's memory and help bring this case to a resolution. This video can be viewed above.

Police are asking that anyone with information on this case, to call the Huronia West OPP at (705) 429-3575 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS). You can submit your information online or if you have any information on this crime or any other crime."

Talha Hashmani August 26, 2021
'This is a needle in a haystack': Family of missing Nottawa woman longs for closure
''Coleman’s boyfriend at the time, Steve George, told the OPP he dropped her off at a Mac’s Convenience store in Barrie on Aug. 3, 2011. According to Stubbs, George told her two different stories, first saying he dropped Coleman off at the south-end Walmart and then saying he came home from work to see Coleman’s stuff all packed and gone, along with her.

“This is a needle in a haystack,” said Tony Markic, the OPP’s lead detective on the case. “Cases tend to stick with detectives for a long time. Everybody has that one, and this is the one for me.”
''Markic said the OPP believes Coleman never left her residence in Nottawa and instead met with foul play on or before Aug. 3, 2011.
He named George as a suspect, citing a lack of co-operation from him in the investigation.
But George said he was co-operative and that he didn't kill Coleman.''
The search turned up evidence of Coleman’s unpacked belongings, which Stubbs said George refused to give her. It also raised doubts about George’s version of events, in which he said he dropped Coleman off in Barrie with all her belongings.

"I know where I dropped her off," said George. "I dropped her off at Mac's... at the same road as the Walmart in Barrie. That's where the confusion came."

''As for Stubbs, she believes Coleman’s history of drinking and other mental health issues might make people value her disappearance less. She said she’s concerned about painting her step-sister in a bad light that would take away the urgency to find her.

For now, Stubbs and her family have come to terms with Coleman’s disappearance, but she wants to know what happened to her, in hopes of bringing her family closure.
“I love my sister. I want to find her."
COL%20%20%20Kelly%20Coleman%203.JPG

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard